PDA

View Full Version : Retro Saints Supporters Shirts

rally
17th January 2012, 22:02
1984 Away Shirt

First of all I can't believe how popular this shirt is with all the fans on the forum and im shocked. The people that have already contacted me about this shirt is great and I appreciate some of the kind comments you have made. Most of you are happy with the one I have designed but I've been tweaking little bits but not too much. I always tinker with a few bits because I try and make it better but once the final drawings been made by the supplier then my tinkering stops.

If for example I get 12 liking each of the shirt then I'll put 3 seperate orders in but if one of the shirt struggle to make the 12 then you would need to pick one of the others. Im not offended by negative comments, just as long as its constructuve. Its hard to please everyone but your paying for the shirt and I don't see why you shouldnt have some sort of in of input.

I just want to put it too the vote to see which one you prefer. I would appreciate if you have voted to please leave a comment too :) So here goes

Design A

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr65/rally2001/MeningaShirtMK2.png

Its obvious to see that that this shirt has a supporters badge on one sleeve and the town crest on the other. Also you will notice on the back at the top the redvee.net logo and the slf.com logo at the bottom. The white strips on the shoulders and down the side of the body give the shirt a modern feel but with a retro design.

Design B

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr65/rally2001/MeningaShirt-1.png

You will notice I have moved the forum logos to the bottom of each sleeve and put the old town crest on the back below the collar with 1873 underneath it. This IMO give the shirt a nice balance. I've kept the white strips on the shoulders and down the side of the body give the shirt a modern feel but with a retro design. This is probably my favorite because its got a mixture of modern retro design with the old town crest on the badge to give it a bit of an heritage feel.

Design C

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr65/rally2001/MeningaShirtMK3.png

Basically this design is simple with no logos. What you see is what you get with this one :P I have kept the town crest on the back below the collar with 1873 below the crest.

Cast your vote please :)

rally
17th January 2012, 22:08
I like design B because its retro, modern and well balanced with the logos and badges. :) Im also happy to go with the majority tho :)

lee.ashtonsaint
17th January 2012, 22:40
Design "A" for me rally but to be fair, if it makes it easier id have either A or B, i have to say i liked the look of the original 89 retro shirt that you did, but this one has blown me away, id go as far as to say this is better than any of the recent away shirts the club has had, maybe you should be given a consultancy role by the club for next seasons kit!!!

Lee.

Herman
17th January 2012, 22:42
A For me. They are all very good.

scousedave
17th January 2012, 22:52
Id love that, whats the biggest thsy do?

metalsaint
17th January 2012, 22:55
its got to be b for me. it looks the business

rally
17th January 2012, 22:59
Thanks for the replies lads. If everyone just replies with what they chose then I can mark what you have chosen against your name :)

rally
17th January 2012, 23:01
its got to be b for me. it looks the business

Cheers mate :) Do you what a name and number on the back? It no extra just need to make a note if you want one or not. :)

Id love that, whats the biggest thsy do?

XXXXXL mate is the biggest they go to.

Saint Simon
17th January 2012, 23:12
they're all awesome Rally, i think "a" is my fav, but i'll have whichever! XL please!

Saintfryer
17th January 2012, 23:15
It's B for me just as it is the picture XL please
But I'll have which ever one you decide to have made

rally
17th January 2012, 23:15
they're all awesome Rally, i think "a" is my fav, but i'll have whichever! XL please!

It's B for me just as it is the picture XL please

Are you having a name and number mate? Its no extra cost.

Ace Face
17th January 2012, 23:20
C for me but with the name and number style of A. C is the boy and it is how this jersey was intended.

Saint Simon
17th January 2012, 23:22
Are you having a name and number mate? Its no extra cost.
yes please!

rally
17th January 2012, 23:24
C for me but with the name and number style of A. C is the boy and it is how this jersey was intended.

I already put C down for you :) Easily changed. Just need to know your size and number mate

rally
17th January 2012, 23:26
yes please!

Meninga 4? If you wanted anything different thats fine :)

Gray77
17th January 2012, 23:55
If I'm not too late for all this I'd love Option C, Large with no number. Please PM me if you need any info.

boltonsaint
18th January 2012, 08:00
'A' for me but I'd be happy with any of the three designs to be honest, they all look quality.

Ell Saint Blues
18th January 2012, 08:10
C for me, XL and just the no 4, no name.

Ace Face
18th January 2012, 08:10
I already put C down for you :) Easily changed. Just need to know your size and number mate

2 ledger

Ace Face
18th January 2012, 09:11
2 ledger

on second thoughts no name, just number 2 please

rally
18th January 2012, 10:00
If I'm not too late for all this I'd love Option C, Large with no number. Please PM me if you need any info.

Your not too late mate. I'll pm you when I get him from work

scousedave
18th January 2012, 10:19
sorry to be a pain mate, i need a 52/54 inch chest? if you can equate that into a size they do il take on please,with number, and you can have your money when ever you like.

the actual don johnson
18th January 2012, 10:24
sorry, may have missed it but how much are these? do the sizes relate roughly to saints official shirts?

thanks
don

The Hoss
18th January 2012, 10:49
There all brilliant... B for me, but im not fussed what you go with... Size Small.. Number 7

Geoggy
18th January 2012, 11:04

I agree completely - C for me please -with the number in the style of A

XXL please.

dazguk
18th January 2012, 12:48
I'm a bit new to this as well. How much am I looking at for the shirt? I'm after design A, large, with meninga 4 on the back please.

Dave01
18th January 2012, 13:50
Hey bud i prefer Shirt B, with the sleeves off Shirt A.

Two Wheeled Saint
18th January 2012, 13:51
I've chosen C for the wifey's top, but saying that I'm sure she'd be happy with any one of them..

Good Work..

FearTheVee
18th January 2012, 16:29
C for me too I reckon

SaintTrotter
18th January 2012, 16:45
A for me. like the blue meninga.

danny_15
18th January 2012, 18:19
A For Me Please And Size Medium

rally
18th January 2012, 18:24

Your not late mate. I've put you down for Design C with no number. Im going to send you a PM now with more details.

sorry to be a pain mate, i need a 52/54 inch chest? if you can equate that into a size they do il take on please,with number, and you can have your money when ever you like.

I'll PM you mate with more details for payment. A 52inch is xxxl and 54 is xxxxl.

sorry, may have missed it but how much are these? do the sizes relate roughly to saints official shirts?

thanks
don

They are £37 or £39 if you need them delivering. I have a medium saints shirt and its tightish on the arms and shoulders and my last years retro design wasn't so tight. They are a regular fit but it depends on how you like to wear your shirt.

I'm a bit new to this as well. How much am I looking at for the shirt? I'm after design A, large, with meninga 4 on the back please.

Hi. The shirts are £37 or £39 if you need them delivering. If you live local I can meet you for the money or meet you at any of the homes games. I need to have collected everyones money by the end of Feb because I've got a really busy month in March with weddings and stag do's. They will take 4 weeks to make from when the designs been signed off.

rally
18th January 2012, 19:49
Just need the following to let me know which design they are chosing.

Being Honnest, Driftking78, Heinz Saint, MACMAN, theres only one stan wall, Harri81, Saint Wiggsy, Herman, charlie, saintokell, treewizard, Armourer, and scousedave.

I've have now sent all three drawing off to the suppliers for their designs to draw up. Soon as I get drawing back I'll post them on here.

scousedave
18th January 2012, 20:11
A or B i like the white bits

rally
18th January 2012, 20:13
A or B i like the white bits

Sound mate :)

Saintokell1974
18th January 2012, 20:14
Just PM'd you with my sizes, choices and amounts mate, thanks again. Top man, top designs!

charlie
18th January 2012, 20:23
A for me please XXXL. Cheers Rally!!

bring_back_the_biff
18th January 2012, 20:35
I like Design B rally, i've requested a large but messaged you on rlfans as Saintgaz to clear up any confusion

Saintokell1974
18th January 2012, 20:42
just a thought mate, but at the rate you're gaining more shirts to order and how much you'll take home on Friday, you might take home more than Saints profits from this game!!

Thats if you stay sober enough? Any bouncers after work PM Rally- he needs an armoured truck like they delivered Newy in?!?

Heinz Saint
18th January 2012, 21:05
I like design B because its retro, modern and well balanced with the logos and badges. :) Im also happy to go with the majority tho :)

C for me please mate

Saint Wiggsy
18th January 2012, 21:06
I'm going for A please mate

stellaman
18th January 2012, 22:13
im not to late am i rally im going for a xxxxxl im a big boy lol:razz:

im not being cheeky asking for no 9 stellaman

Harri81
18th January 2012, 23:06
Has to be A for me, the shirt looks great, they all do but the old st Helen's badge swings it for me

the actual don johnson
19th January 2012, 10:44
do you take paypal mate?

theres only one stan wall
19th January 2012, 11:44
Sorry mate - ive text u. Large plse deseign A for me!

Shawmeister
19th January 2012, 16:39
I would love an XL Meninga 4 please design A

rally
19th January 2012, 16:52
im not to late am i rally im going for a xxxxxl im a big boy lol:razz:

im not being cheeky asking for no 9 stellaman

No mate. The name and number is optional and you can have whatever you want on the back. :) Just need to know which shirt you would like?

do you take paypal mate?

I've PM'd you mate

I would love an XL Meninga 4 please design A

I've updated my list mate :)

Being honnest
19th January 2012, 17:20
A for my two Rally .... 1 medium with Maninga 4
1 4xl with Maninga 4 Please note this time round for me 4xl instead of 3xl .. Gone back power lifting

rally
19th January 2012, 17:25
A for my two Rally .... 1 medium with Maninga 4
1 4xl with Maninga 4 Please note this time round for me 4xl instead of 3xl .. Gone back power lifting

I've updated your size mate. Can you actually get any bigger??lol

romperstomper
19th January 2012, 17:31
Hi mate

Whats the latest you need to know by? Cant get hold of my dad and im sure he would want one!

thx

rally
19th January 2012, 17:37
Hi mate

Whats the latest you need to know by? Cant get hold of my dad and im sure he would want one!

thx

I just need to collect all the money by the end of Feb. Order will go in at the beginning of March and they should be delivered by the End of March. Setting a deadline gives everyone the chance to meet me to make the payments etc. and plus Jan it is a tough month for everyone with christmas. Drop me a PM if your still interested. :)

Saintokell1974
19th January 2012, 18:52
If anyone is looking at one for their kids, help me out as I want two but Rallys' tried and needs 10 more before they will do them?? Thanks

somerset-saint
19th January 2012, 20:08
I like shirt A.... I love the sleeve logo, I would go for a Large

SaintTrotter
19th January 2012, 21:08
Has rally ever played around with a Vollenhoven one? ie red band?? be interested to see one?? ordered my Meninga one, could get a Tommy Voll one next :-)

rally
19th January 2012, 21:10
Has rally ever played around with a Vollenhoven one? ie red band?? be interested to see one?? ordered my Meninga one, could get a Tommy Voll one next :-)

Sssh!lol :P

stellaman
19th January 2012, 21:58
A for me pal beltin

romperstomper
19th January 2012, 22:09
A for me pal beltin

Now then owd bean :)
Thought you was pepsimaxmon now :)

rally
19th January 2012, 23:26
Right im up to date now and just waiting on a couple to update me with which design they want.

If you have my mobile number and meeting me tomorrow could you please text me and remind me. Im going to be at the ground hopefully from 6 having a drink in the bar and Im going to be in the west terrace too.

If anyone's got any questions then either post here or PM.

Armourer
20th January 2012, 11:04
IVE PM YOU RALLY BUT JUST INCASE THIS IS QUICKER, AFTER LOTS OF HEAD SCRATCHING COS THEY ARE ALL GOOD PLUMMED FOR B-2XL WITH MANINGA 4 ON THE BACK PLEASE NICE ONE RALLY!
THANX:cool:

stellaman
20th January 2012, 16:28
ive p m'd ya but i want design A size xxxxxl number 9 name-stellaman

cheers

rally
20th January 2012, 17:36
I'll have to update my spreadsheet when I get a minute because I've not lon been in from work. I'll update everything tomorrow.

If your meeting me at the ground tonight please drop me a text or phone call. I'm going to be having a drink in the bar next to the saints shop and I'm standing in the west stand.

Saintfryer
21st January 2012, 11:40
Rally sorry to mess you about but change of of order.
Can I have C with the lettering of A, if you can't just C.
XL with veivers 4 on it
Cheers
Let me know when you want the cash

rally
21st January 2012, 14:27
Rally sorry to mess you about but change of of order.
Can I have C with the lettering of A, if you can't just C.
XL with veivers 4 on it
Cheers
Let me know when you want the cash

Updated mate

Saintokell1974
21st January 2012, 16:13
Don't know about anyone else but just met Rally for the first time yesterday outside the shop at the game. Nice bloke to talk to on here but Top man for real, thanks again mate-looking forward to our shirts nearer March

bring_back_the_biff
21st January 2012, 18:36
Don't know about anyone else but just met Rally for the first time yesterday outside the shop at the game. Nice bloke to talk to on here but Top man for real, thanks again mate-looking forward to our shirts nearer March

Agreed, met up in the packed Founders Bar, good to finally meet you and the missus.

rally
21st January 2012, 21:56
Thanks lads. Really appreciate the kind comments. It was good to put faces to the names because its a bit like blind date when Im meeting people I haven't seen before :) lol

Lex
21st January 2012, 22:12
Thanks lads. Really appreciate the kind comments. It was good to put faces to the names because its a bit like blind date when Im meeting people I haven't seen before :) lol
Hi, Im contestant No1, my name is Carl and I'm from Daisy Hill. If you pick me tonight, we can talk shirts or just watch a re-run of The Bill ....

rally
22nd January 2012, 20:07
Hi, Im contestant No1, my name is Carl and I'm from Daisy Hill. If you pick me tonight, we can talk shirts or just watch a re-run of The Bill ....

lol

By the way if your having a shirt please PM me your mobile and let me know when you can arrange to meet up.

I'll need the money by the end of Feb and the last home game before then is Catalan.

Ace Face
23rd January 2012, 16:06
Don't know about anyone else but just met Rally for the first time yesterday outside the shop at the game. Nice bloke to talk to on here but Top
man for real, thanks again mate-looking forward to our shirts nearer March

Must have been an imposter

rally
23rd January 2012, 16:41
Must have been an imposter

:(

rally
24th January 2012, 12:00
Here's the drawings from the suppliers. I'm not convinced about the forum logos now seeing them on their drawings. I also wanted the seem for the arms to be armpit to armpit not armpit to collar. What's your views?

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr65/rally2001/a06d43fb.jpg
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr65/rally2001/439dea86.jpg
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr65/rally2001/74a4c39e.jpg

Harri81
24th January 2012, 13:05
Its a tough one mate, looking at your designs A was clearly the best, a touch of contemporary with the modern, however looking at the drawings from the manufacturer C is looking closer to the original design and more traditional. Not sure if the border of white on the first two designs detracts from the impact of the shirt.

What does everyone else think?

Ell Saint Blues
24th January 2012, 13:37
Still Design C for me, but remove the light blue trimming on the sleeves?

eddiewaringsflatcap
24th January 2012, 14:02

Completely agree mate. Keep it simple. No names and no billboard tops! Rally should be Saints official designer!

Lex
24th January 2012, 15:42
I too would go with "C".

Wallasey Saint
24th January 2012, 16:52
I love C but with the dark numbers.

Lygase
24th January 2012, 16:57
deffo the last one on this page, which was originally design C (the plain one) but says style 3 above. Just needs dark coloured numbers and its a winner, no extra logos, no white bits, just plain and simple like they used to be (P.S just txt you Rally with me order)

rally
24th January 2012, 17:49
Whats everyones thoughts on the forum logos? if im honest Im not fussed on them now I've seen them in their drawings. I've noticed they have gone with a round neck instead of a vee neck. I've looked on their site and none of their shirts have vee necks! I've emailed them to ask if they do vee neck but if they don't do them anymore would this be a problem?

Style A and B are very similar with the slightest of differences, so would it be better to merge the two and have them look like this...
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr65/rally2001/Blue84newfront.pnghttp://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr65/rally2001/Blue84newback.png
I have moved the logo's from the arms to the back. My own little logo will go above where a name is put and the town crest at the bottom.

Style C will keep the full retro feel and look like this...
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr65/rally2001/Blue84newretro.pnghttp://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr65/rally2001/Blue84newbackretro.png
Again the badges appear on the back of the shirt. The reason I have put the supporters badge on the back is because its just a little touch of mine because I had re designed the shirts. I want to keep the town crest on because its part of the clubs heritage :)

Im not too happy with the way the shirt look on the suppliers drawing because the sleeves are wrong. The modern one looks fine but the retro one loses the retro feel because of the way the sleeves are cut. They need to be armpit to armpit if you get what I mean. :)

Just so everyone knows the actual colour of the number on the shirt were white and not blue. Not a big issue if everyone likes the darker numbers

Lex
24th January 2012, 17:58
Merge A and B mate, and that will be ace.

24th January 2012, 18:08
I prefer it to be as retro as we can get it, therefore style C. Dont particularly like the deseigners drawings with too much white on the front/sides of shirt. Style C for me - badges are up to you mate but i dont mind either way.

24th January 2012, 18:10
Agree re the seem armpit to armpit, dont like the modern shirt cuts, more like a baggy sack. Hope they can do it they way you want.

rally
24th January 2012, 18:25
I've merged A & B now and C will stay the same. I told them I didn't like the 'SAINTS' on the collar and it needs to stay as retro as possible. I have also requested to have the shirts in Vee neck but they don't have any on their site, so it may just have to be a round neck :( As for the sleeve seem I have asked about having them armpit to armpit rather than armpit to collar. I really hope this isn't a problem :\ I should have a reply off them tomorrow

Sorry about the messing about everyone :)

Harri81
24th January 2012, 18:33
I like C after the slightly changed designs. One question how are the numbers attached to the shirt? Are they printed into the fabric or printed?

rally
24th January 2012, 18:35
The shirts are digitally printed onto the shirts and they do the same with the names and numbers :)

saint.illawarra
24th January 2012, 18:50
hi. Rally top shirt again mate agree with merge a and b design thatwill do for me bud prefer v neck type if thay do them . Size small meninga and number 4 on the back. P.s any disscount for founder members and o.a.p like me or stan wall look alikes. Ha ha

saint.illawarra
24th January 2012, 18:57
must have been an imposterthink your right there ace face it might have been an imposter because he got some drinks in and bought stan wall one. Ha ha

Geoggy
24th January 2012, 19:15
yeah im sticking with C - will go with the majority on what colour the number is but i think the darker number looks better.

rally
24th January 2012, 19:22
Seems i've used my free monthly usage with photobucket :/ lol

O'neills drawings
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/9848/oneills3.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/688/oneills3.png/)
http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/8287/oneills2.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/813/oneills2.png/)
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/1111/oneills1.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/oneills1.png/)

My new designs

Retro
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2280/blue84newretroyo.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/blue84newretroyo.png/)http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/7421/blue84newbackretro.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/607/blue84newbackretro.png/)

Modern
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/8610/blue84newfront.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/blue84newfront.png/)http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7113/blue84newback.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/401/blue84newback.png/)

Saint Wiggsy
24th January 2012, 20:33
Your latest Retro version for me mate, preferably with V neck.

Saint Simon
24th January 2012, 20:52
retro for me please!

Ell Saint Blues
24th January 2012, 21:19
Rally,

From recollection, O'Neills do four types of colour, traditional, grandad, perhaps round and can't remember the others, they're on my PC in work.

The retro one is fantastic, to be selfish I think it only needs the one logo on the back and yes WHITE numbers as per the pictures of Big Mal.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7032/6756980155_c9d0193130_m.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7143/6756980481_f5c8183ace_m.jpg

I'll sort cash after Feb pay day (21st) got strike pay out of this month's cash.

SaintTrotter
24th January 2012, 21:29
Your latest Retro version for me mate, preferably with V neck.

Same for me, retro all the way. hope they do V neck, i look more of pr**k than usuall with a round neck..

SaintTrotter
24th January 2012, 21:30
Rally,

From recollection, O'Neills do four types of colour, traditional, grandad, perhaps round and can't remember the others, they're on my PC in work.

The retro one is fantastic, to be selfish I think it only needs the one logo on the back and yes WHITE numbers as per the pictures of Big Mal.

I'll sort cash after Feb pay day (21st) got strike pay out of this month's cash.

Dont O'neills do our kids at blackbrook?? what their collar like, cant remeber, sure its not round neck??

Ell Saint Blues
24th January 2012, 21:52
Got a button on it, but I'm pretty certain they do round neck but they didn't recommend them for u8s.

rally
24th January 2012, 21:59
If push comes to shove we'll have to go with round necks because other collars won't look right.

Saintokell1974
24th January 2012, 22:35
If push comes to shove we'll have to go with round necks because other collars won't look right.

All designs you did originally were good- your take on the retro- pushing a few new ideas in, and the retro look. I will go with whichever one the majority like best but you need white numbers retro or not? Think when they've tweeked it they disrupted your styles too much????

rally
25th January 2012, 14:36
I've had an email back from the suppliers and they've said they dont do vee neck collars. Also It's only on their regular collar shirts that they can do the sleeves like my designs. Otherwise it's got to be the other way because that's the way they are manufactured in the factory. So they are re-drawing the the shirts and if you have paid and wish to no longer order one then please let me know and I can return the money.

I can only apologise for these minor changes

Saintokell1974
25th January 2012, 18:36
I've had an email back from the suppliers and they've said they dont do vee neck collars. Also It's only on their regular collar shirts that they can do the sleeves like my designs. Otherwise it's got to be the other way because that's the way they are manufactured in the factory. So they are re-drawing the the shirts and if you have paid and wish to no longer order one then please let me know and I can return the money.

I can only apologise for these minor changes

If they tweek it too much more, your designs gonna end up more like Darren Albert/Jamie Lyon season Allsports top-thats got round collars too? I will stick with the designs at the mo please mate if still ok? Will watch for further developments too

rally
25th January 2012, 18:55
First of all I would like to apologise for all the confusion since I have had the drawings back from o'neills. They have informed me that they don't offer V necks on rugby shirts and the closest they could do is what they call The New Viking collar (see picture), its similar to the saints collars.
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4037/collarf.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/collarf.png/)

The other problem is that the sleeve on last years shirt won't be like it this year. The reason for this is that the the traditional collar allowed them to use the traditional cut but round neck need to be different, for some strange reason. A few people I have already spoke to are still happy with the designs but if you wish to pull out then I fully understand.

The retro shirt
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/2597/blued.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/blued.png/)

I have asked them to have the full sleeve to be all dark blue because the original was all dark blue. Everything else will stay the same on this shirt.

The modern shirt
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/2360/bluenw.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/bluenw.png/)

I have asked them to remove the forums logos because IMO they don't look right on the shirt and make it look cluttered. The town crest will be on each sleeve and have 1873 in small writing underneath the badge. The white shape under the collar is being removed and the collar will be the same as the retro shirt.

saint.illawarra
25th January 2012, 21:59
hi, rally no probs here mate happy with that unstand you dont make the shirts you only design them, so just go ahead with mine mate. c.o.y.s

saint.illawarra
25th January 2012, 22:34
First of all I would like to apologise for all the confusion since I have had the drawings back from o'neills. They have informed me that they don't offer V necks on rugby shirts and the closest they could do is what they call The New Viking collar (see picture), its similar to the saints collars.
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4037/collarf.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/collarf.png/) hi. rally no probs with me mate happy with that mate. i understand you only design the shirts and its not you who makes them

The other problem is that the sleeve on last years shirt won't be like it this year. The reason for this is that the the traditional collar allowed them to use the traditional cut but round neck need to be different, for some strange reason. A few people I have already spoke to are still happy with the designs but if you wish to pull out then I fully understand.

The retro shirt
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/2597/blued.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/blued.png/)

I have asked them to have the full sleeve to be all dark blue because the original was all dark blue. Everything else will stay the same on this shirt.

The modern shirt
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/2360/bluenw.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/bluenw.png/)

I have asked them to remove the forums logos because IMO they don't look right on the shirt and make it look cluttered. The town crest will be on each sleeve and have 1873 in small writing underneath the badge. The white shape under the collar is being removed and the collar will be the same as the retro shirt.

Harri81
25th January 2012, 22:35
Same here rally still happy to have one.

scousedave
26th January 2012, 09:07
il go with the flow rally, im happy with whatevers picked

Dave01
26th January 2012, 09:54
Seems i've used my free monthly usage with photobucket :/ lol

O'neills drawings
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/9848/oneills3.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/688/oneills3.png/)
http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/8287/oneills2.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/813/oneills2.png/)
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/1111/oneills1.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/oneills1.png/)

My new designs

Retro
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2280/blue84newretroyo.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/blue84newretroyo.png/)http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/7421/blue84newbackretro.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/607/blue84newbackretro.png/)

Modern
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/8610/blue84newfront.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/blue84newfront.png/)http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7113/blue84newback.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/401/blue84newback.png/)

Hey Rally i prefer the bottom two of this post. A lot more clean cut. Not into all that sponsorship plastered over it.
Keep it simple mate and keep up the good work.

Geoggy
26th January 2012, 12:25
when do you want the bank transfer mate?

boltonsaint
26th January 2012, 12:51
Still happy with the design.

Two Wheeled Saint
26th January 2012, 13:01
So is it the Retro one your going with?

rally
26th January 2012, 13:20
when do you want the bank transfer mate?

If your still happy with the designs then when ever your Happy to transfer the money.

So is it the Retro one your going with?

I'm doing two but the sleeves are slightly different.

Armourer
26th January 2012, 14:22
I pmd you last night rally about now that a&b have merged i will definatly have the retro shirt xxl with words and number on back as per pm please let me know about payment at your earlyest op, cheers rally

26th January 2012, 14:37
More than happy with the retro deseign. The "widnes" style collars look fine to me.
Meninga 4 - on back for me please.

Two Wheeled Saint
26th January 2012, 18:48
Hi mate, yes retro for my order please.

Saintfryer
26th January 2012, 20:22
Hi rally
Still happy with the retro XL Number 1 veivers
Cheers

rally
27th January 2012, 07:13
Sorry not been active on the last day or two. Just having a few minor problems and I may have to drop the town crest on the shirt because of the copyright law. I was made aware that the coat of arms aren't copyrigten. Anyway I'll keep you updated

Dave01
27th January 2012, 09:16
Sorry not been active on the last day or two. Just having a few minor problems and I may have to drop the town crest on the shirt because of the copyright law. I was made aware that the coat of arms aren't copyrigten. Anyway I'll keep you updated

Hey bud did a bit or research for you and the Coat of Arms aint copyrighten as such but if you were to use it you would have to speak to the council. Not sure who you would speak to though. St Helens RLFC cant say anything about the use of the Coat of Arms!!!

Ace Face
27th January 2012, 11:44
and surely using a stick man cant be an infringement of copyright. maybe the club are trying to scare you off, maybe thinking if we buy your shirt we wont buy theres with it being beginning of season. dont know about anybody else but ive already bought home shirt, training shirt and a fleece. wouldnt buy the away shirt this year anyway cos i dont like it.

saint.illawarra
27th January 2012, 15:34
hi. rally it might be worth you getting in touch with some head honcho at saints and let them know that you are not trying to interfer with anything regarding sale of there merchantandice and have chat with them to let them know you are a true and loyal saints fan and offer to give your service,s to the club should they so wish on any designs that they may be interested in for the future. i like many others have this year bought my saints shirt plus other gear etc, and will continue to do so in the future and if i like any of you reto designs i.will buy it but only if i like it as thats my own chose. hope you carry on the good work. c.o.y.s

rally
29th January 2012, 21:50
Sorry I didn't realise my inbox was full.

Geoggy
30th January 2012, 10:01
are we still on with this before i send the cash or has it stalled due to issues above?

Saint Simon
30th January 2012, 10:09
how can someone or some public body copywrite a town crest? its public domain isnt it?

rally
30th January 2012, 16:20
Right I've not had a reply from the council at all. Just to be on the safe side I'll have the crest removed. Sorry for those who will be disappointed that the old town crest isn't on the shirt. Everything else with the shirt is sound and just needs signing off now once I've collected the money.

The shirts here will be the ones that are getting made minus the town crest

Design A (modern)
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd362/saints1873/dd9d109f.jpg

Design B (retro)
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd362/saints1873/3e7c90d3.jpg

rally
30th January 2012, 16:22
how can someone or some public body copywrite a town crest? its public domain isnt it?

Well this is what I thought but some people seem to think its copyright. I just have to play it safe

rally
31st January 2012, 16:39
Right these are the final designs. One modern and one retro. I've dropped the town crest because I'm not getting any reply from the council. The other logos are my own work and not breaking any copyright laws.

Modern
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd362/saints1873/c98397d3.jpg

Retro
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd362/saints1873/3c886d7d.jpg

RedVee Admin
31st January 2012, 16:52

A coat of arms is the ye olde version of a trademark and so it represents it's owner and therefore cannot be copied. However, it's owner is St Helens County Borough Council, which doesn't exist. Therefore the coat of arms has no owner and as such, one would perceive it to have been in the public domain since 1974. And as the owner doesnt exist, it would take a bloody good court case to settle the argument especially as the court that rules on heraldic issues, does not sit anymore!

On the other hand, any description accompanying a coat of arms, such as "Ex Terra Lucem", is almost always in the public domain and cannot be copyrighted.

Amazing what three hours worth of Google can unearth...

Tony Stark
31st January 2012, 17:00
And lets face it, they'd have to be pretty darned petty to take one guy to court over a couple of rugby shirts which he isn't making any profit on or using as a vehicle for something offensive etc. It's not like he's running an international pirating business is it.

Syd
2nd February 2012, 16:43
Put me down, down , down ,down for one of these mofo sons of biatches.

Any kids sizes available ( Said in my Gary Glitter voice )

Saintokell1974
2nd February 2012, 21:04

The more orders for kids ones the better for me, I want two!

Saint Simon
2nd February 2012, 21:33
Retro for me with Ward 8 please!

rally
4th February 2012, 10:02

I've put you down for a large agains mate. Do you still have my details from last year?

The more orders for kids ones the better for me, I want two!

I have now got four orders for kids shirts.

Retro for me with Ward 8 please!

I've updated your name and number mate

The suppliers have informed me that they are putting in the artwork to setup for production. This will probably speed up the process when I put the order in. :)

Saintokell1974
4th February 2012, 18:16
I've put you down for a large agains mate. Do you still have my details from last year?

I have now got four orders for kids shirts.

I've updated your name and number mate

The suppliers have informed me that they are putting in the artwork to setup for production. This will probably speed up the process when I put the order in. :)

Thanks for the update on kids shirts, hoping we hit 12 at some point to do them??!? You know what my adult order is and this still stands- would prefer the modern take on the retro but will go with the most if you need to make up numbers at all mate?

rally
5th February 2012, 11:34
Thanks for the update on kids shirts, hoping we hit 12 at some point to do them??!? You know what my adult order is and this still stands- would prefer the modern take on the retro but will go with the most if you need to make up numbers at all mate?

The kids shirts are £29. Like i said if i get 12 I'll put an order in. I have a size chart for the kids shirts but need to download the chart from my email.

rally
8th February 2012, 18:38
Jut a quick heads up. If your meeting me on Friday please let me know. If you want to meet me for the payment on another day then that's fine but please let me know :) thanks

charlie
16th February 2012, 13:08
Just a polite request to enquire as to when the shirts are likely to be despatched please??

rally
18th February 2012, 10:42
Quick update

I'm working away next week and leaving for Southampton Sunday afternoon. I will be back on Friday and I'm
Hoping to be back well before the game against Catalans. I'll be putting in the order on Monday 27th Feb so if you haven't yet paid for the shirt then you'll end up missing out. I've had people's money for a few weeks now and can't wait round for everyone.

The way things stand at the minute I can only one order in because people who wanted design B, the retro design, have been the ones that have paid me and I'll put the order in for the retro design.

Geoggy
18th February 2012, 17:50
Hi mate just sent you the cash and a pm

Cheers

Geoggy

rally
18th February 2012, 18:13
Nice one mate

snellinmo
18th February 2012, 23:23
Would the shirt be available in ladies sizes please? If the answer is no please let me know how the shirt sizes equate to ladies sizes as best you can. Absolutely love the designs with A my favourite followed by B.
Think you're onto a winner here so well done!

rally
19th February 2012, 07:33
Would the shirt be available in ladies sizes please? If the answer is no please let me know how the shirt sizes equate to ladies sizes as best you can. Absolutely love the designs with A my favourite followed by B.
Think you're onto a winner here so well done!

They don't do women's sizes but the shirts are a regular fit. They start at 42" chest, which is a small and then it's 44" for a medium and so on.

Just so everyone knows I'm away all week now and you'll need to either meet me at the Catalan game or next weekend. Still a lot of people haven't got back to me but I have plenty of orders to make the order. Thanks

rally
25th February 2012, 07:19
Thanks for everyone that's placed an order for the shirt. Still plenty of people havent got back to me but i cant wait round for everyone because ive had peoples money for weeks now. They will be ordered on Monday and I'll be in contact with everyone when they have arrived.

SaintTrotter
25th February 2012, 08:48
cheers Rally. depressed after last night. not good!

9th March 2012, 12:58
Any updates Rally with a delivery date?

rally
9th March 2012, 13:40
Sorry I forgot to post but they will be delivered on the 30th March. I will contact everyone and post on here when they have arrived. For those who are having them delivered to then they will be delivered hopefully the same day of not te Saturday. It depends what time I finish work on the Friday.

rally
31st March 2012, 09:18
Hey people. Just to let people who ordered a shirt, that they have arrived. I just need to sort them all out. Text me and arrange to pick up your shirt or I can meet you. I don't want to be dropping a load off at Fridays game but I will arrange with everyone to collect their shirt before then

oldshep1960
31st March 2012, 12:32
Here Rally, have ya got any spare shirts with @theOFFEEMAN on, for a mate who hangs out the offee on sutton heath road hahahaha

SaintTrotter
31st March 2012, 14:55
Rally. where do i get ya number from. or i can pm ya my address. ta.

Two Wheeled Saint
31st March 2012, 15:24
Yet again another cracking top, thanks Rally

doghead
31st March 2012, 15:49
I have the Len Killeen shirt, only wear it on big match day, its a stunner, guaranteed to be asked where I got it from at least a couple of times a match.

Harri81
31st March 2012, 19:13
Cracking shirt, really pleased with it,

metalsaint
31st March 2012, 23:10
Cracking shirt, really pleased with it,

same here thanks for dropping it off tonite

Geoggy
1st April 2012, 07:51
Hi mate - so if I paid for postage it should show up this week? Cheers.

1st April 2012, 08:06
Cheers for dropping off the shirt mate. Quality deseign really chuffed with it mate - and will be wearing it Good Friday.

Saintokell1974
1st April 2012, 08:11
Rally- both me and me lad way over the moon with our shirts. Thanks again mate, really impressed. As you know I can't make the game on Friday but me lad WILL be wearing King Keirons lucky shirt. All on here had better promise to do their bit to shout my bit for me. God knows how nasty I could end up being to me customers?!?!?!?

SaintTrotter
1st April 2012, 08:27
It was like waiting for Santa when Rally came down the driveway.... Slept in it, dreaming of handing off Edwards and slipping Sean Day in at the corner. Will wear it with pride at Blackbrook Royals U8's tday............ Nice one Rally. Retro Tommy Voll or KC next???

rally
1st April 2012, 10:04

Yeah the shirts that are being delivered will be posted tomorrow. They are bagged and ready to go :)

Thanks for all the kind comments guys, it's really appreciated. Im sure everyone will be wearing their shirts on good Friday. COYS

Two Wheeled Saint
1st April 2012, 11:12
Cheers for dropping off the shirt mate. Quality deseign really chuffed with it mate - and will be wearing it Good Friday.

I think you'll see a few out on Friday, the wife will defo be wearing hers, she's well chuffed with it.

Ell Saint Blues
1st April 2012, 19:39
Thanks for dropping off today, very much appreciated. Love the shirt to bits and a big thank you for taking my design comments on board.

Lex
1st April 2012, 19:50
Yeah, they are'nt bad are they ? Lex will wear his friday.

oldshep1960
1st April 2012, 20:15
Yeah the shirts that are being delivered will be posted tomorrow. They are bagged and ready to go :)

Thanks for all the kind comments guys, it's really appreciated. Im sure everyone will be wearing their shirts on good Friday. COYS Hahaha Simsey wont hahaha.@theoffeeman pmsl.

rally
1st April 2012, 20:36

It was like waiting for Santa when Rally came down the driveway.... Slept in it, dreaming of handing off Edwards and slipping Sean Day in at the corner. Will wear it with pride at Blackbrook Royals U8's tday............ Nice one Rally. Retro Tommy Voll or KC next???

Hahaha Simsey wont hahaha.@theoffeeman pmsl.

Already spoke to him mate and he's cool about it. Ie contact the suppliers about the error.

Lex
1st April 2012, 20:54

I'm sure I had one of those bikes when I was a kid. A Rally Santa !!

Wallasey Saint
2nd April 2012, 13:46
Thanks for that Rally, love it, i'll will wear it outside of game days as well.

rally
2nd April 2012, 16:48
For those who I'm posting the shirts too, they have now been posted and on the way to you. :)

lee.ashtonsaint
2nd April 2012, 16:52
Just a quick note to say thanks rally, shirt is awesome and anyone who missed out should certainly get on the list for your next effort.

Awesome job,

Lee.

Tony Stark
2nd April 2012, 16:57
Any photos?

rally
2nd April 2012, 18:50
Here is an image mate

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr65/rally2001/508eecbc.jpg

Tony Stark
2nd April 2012, 18:53
Very nice Rally, great work again!

rally
2nd April 2012, 19:03
thanks mate :)

Ell Saint Blues
2nd April 2012, 20:12
Good fit too

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/2019568794/image.jpg

Lex
2nd April 2012, 21:06
Good fit too

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/2019568794/image.jpg

Bloody Hell, Ian Smith is a Saints fan !!!!!!

Ell Saint Blues
2nd April 2012, 21:35
Bloody Hell, Ian Smith is a Saints fan !!!!!!

Penalty!

Lex
2nd April 2012, 21:37
Penalty!
No Try

saint.illawarra
3rd April 2012, 14:49
Here is an image mate

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr65/rally2001/508eecbc.jpg

hi. rally that photo you sent to me. who was that fat bloke who was wearing it. ha ha looking forward to getting my shirt mate keep up the good work pal see you friday at the game. c.o.y.s

Driftking78
3rd April 2012, 19:50
Cheers for the shirt Rally mate, made up with it..
Thanks for dropping it off

Geoggy
4th April 2012, 11:27
received mine - many thanks. not tried it on yet

snellinmo
4th April 2012, 11:52
They don't do women's sizes but the shirts are a regular fit. They start at 42" chest, which is a small and then it's 44" for a medium and so on.

Just so everyone knows I'm away all week now and you'll need to either meet me at the Catalan game or next weekend. Still a lot of people haven't got back to me but I have plenty of orders to make the order. Thanks

Hi Rally. If the company you deal with have any enterprise about them then they will do your Retro shirt in Ladies sizes. Thanks for the initial feedback re the sizes currently available but even if I got the smallest of those ie 42" chest, I would get lost in it (I am normally a size 10/12 which equates to 34-36" chest). A request to your supplier would not go amiss as I am sure there are a number of female fans who would wear the shirt as a leisure item as much as for Saints matches. Worth a try(pardon the pun!!)

St. Michael
4th April 2012, 13:04
Rats! I really wish I had viewed the boards more and ordered one, they look quality.

Armourer
5th April 2012, 08:51
Rally flew home last night after a 4 month stint in the sand pit my missus brought the shirt to the airport its the dogs b---ox mate really pleased thank you!! Ill wear it with pride at my first game at langtree park against the pies tomorrow. Coys

rally
6th April 2012, 11:08
Hi Rally. If the company you deal with have any enterprise about them then they will do your Retro shirt in Ladies sizes. Thanks for the initial feedback re the sizes currently available but even if I got the smallest of those ie 42" chest, I would get lost in it (I am normally a size 10/12 which equates to 34-36" chest). A request to your supplier would not go amiss as I am sure there are a number of female fans who would wear the shirt as a leisure item as much as for Saints matches. Worth a try(pardon the pun!!)

I can ask if they do womens sizes, which im sure they will. I haven't been asked the question about womens sizes, so I've never asked about them. The thing is I would need to put in a minimum of 12 orders for the suppliers to make the jersey. I just want to stress that I only get these shirts made as a hobbie and I don't run a business doing these. If i can get the numbers for womens shirts, Ill gladly put and order in.

Rally flew home last night after a 4 month stint in the sand pit my missus brought the shirt to the airport its the dogs b---ox mate really pleased thank you!! Ill wear it with pride at my first game at langtree park against the pies tomorrow. Coys

Im really pleased you like the shirt mate. I'll look forward to seeing them dotted about the ground today :)

drop goal
7th April 2012, 20:05
b for me

halohalo
12th April 2012, 08:38
Just to say a massive well done and thanks for the shirts.....absolute quality, as everyone has said, plus thanks for dropping off for me.

Rally - Red Vee member of the year!!!!

I know you said if you got 12 to put a new order in it might be a possibility, I would have another (jealous son - you can't have anything can you?!!!) so just thought I would put a shout out to anyone who missed these - if you did, you missed something special...

Thanks again mate.

eddiewaringsflatcap
12th April 2012, 09:45
Got mine the other week and really like it. Thanks for posting. Look forward to more versions being available in the fuure ;-)

WindsorSaint
13th April 2012, 09:36
Hi Rally - What's the cost of the shirts mate?

As its retro, i think 'C' is the best design and closer to the original.

PS. Just read the whole post and realise it'll have to be next year for me!!! New on here and just saw your post!!