PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration from visiting Langtree Park

glee
15th January 2012, 15:28
Last Friday I made my first visit to Langtree Park. I had seen many photographs of its construction here on the Red Vee before but I have to say that the reality is even better. I had a brief tour round the office area and then walked out to look down on the pitch. What a great view it is. Other people have called the new stadium magnificent, impressive, formidable, fantastic and more. I am going to add inspirational because my first sight of the pitch inspired me enough to start writing my next novel.
Does this mean then that Langtree Park will now become the first rugby league stadium or even the first sports stadium in this country to have greatly inspired an author.

Gruntfuttock
15th January 2012, 18:47
Could be Geoff, cant wait to see what your writing about , and yes Langtree Park is all those things , I get goosebumps thinking about the game on Friday night, cant wait

Rogues Gallery
15th January 2012, 19:03
Will the book be called "any way the Wind Blows" or " Clad All Over" ? :wink:

Gruntfuttock
15th January 2012, 19:17
very poor Rogues and another attempt to derail a thread

Rogues Gallery
15th January 2012, 19:21
very poor Rogues and another attempt to derail a thread
No, no, no, no.

It was about the novel, and a bit of fun, "lighten up while you still can"
Great line from a great song.

Saint Simon
15th January 2012, 19:27
no, no, no, no.

It was about the novel, and a bit of fun, "lighten up while you still can"
great line from a great song.
fises!

Rogues Gallery
15th January 2012, 19:31
fises!
What will you say when Lenagan buys the stadium?

FIOS():)

FearTheVee
15th January 2012, 19:33
What will you say when Lenagan buys the stadium?

FIOS():)

Can you just start your own boring, ireelevant rambling thread and leave these on topic?

Rogues Gallery
15th January 2012, 19:38
Can you just start your own boring, ireelevant rambling thread and leave these on topic?

Love it. I'm inspired already.
There you are back on topic.

tricia
15th January 2012, 20:32
I was speaking to Ian Lennaghan last week, he is looking for Saracens whom he at present as no financial involvement with to possibly look at moving to Oxford United where he does. And unlike Rogues was complimentary about our Chairman and his legacy of Langtree Park. Long term he would like to come to an arrangement re Latics and the football stadium re ownership. He does see a lot of crossover between union and league long term. He seems a decent individual, and very astute We are lucky at present he joins Eamon and Steve Oconnor as good buisness leaders in a game run by Yorkshire butchers and bakers

Rogues Gallery
15th January 2012, 20:42
I was speaking to Ian Lennaghan last week, he is looking for Saracens whom he at present as no financial involvement with to possibly look at moving to Oxford United where he does. And unlike Rogues was complimentary about our Chairman and his legacy of Langtree Park. Long term he would like to come to an arrangement re Latics and the football stadium re ownership. He does see a lot of crossover between union and league long term. He seems a decent individual, and very astute We are lucky at present he joins Eamon and Steve Oconnor as good buisness leaders in a game run by Yorkshire butchers and bakers

IL gets on very well with EM. They were at West Park together. My problem with EM is that when when things have gone wrong he tends to blame someone else, hence the Mr. Teflon tag.

Saint
15th January 2012, 21:14
IL gets on very well with EM. They were at West Park together. My problem with EM is that when when things have gone wrong he tends to blame someone else, hence the Mr. Teflon tag.

1) I can't think of a single example where he's blamed someone else for something 'going wrong' as not much has gone wrong under his chairmanship, and
2) the only person I've ever heard call him "Mr. Teflon" is you.

Please stop derailing threads, part of me dies with embarrassment for you each time you do it.

RedVee Admin
16th January 2012, 02:03

He's wasting his time - Saracens want to move back home and are set on redeveloping Barnet Copthall Stadium as their new ground.

Scouse Don
16th January 2012, 07:53
I have met IH and found him to be a decent chap.As is EM too.Back on topic,I agree with Glee.

Steve Johnson
16th January 2012, 12:41
Went to the shop for first time last Friday and was very impressed with layout, very spacious and stock especially all the new gear. Should do well. The bar next door was good to and was doing good business. Should all be good for friday. Getting the shakes already.

Wallasey Saint
16th January 2012, 21:08
After going to LP for the ST event, although im not going to the Widnes Freindly, i'm really looking forward to the Salford game, & can't wait till the Good Friday derby when LP will be rocking.