PDA

View Full Version : 2012 players OOC

itswide2west
14th January 2012, 19:59
Hiya, yes ino this has already been done on RLFANS so i thought id create one on here.

just looking at who is OOC come then end of this season and wondering who we should keep or let go.

Paul Wellens - 33 at end of season
Sia Soliola - 25 at end of season
Francis Meli - 34 at end of season
Chris Flannery - 33 at end of season
Paul Clough - 26 at end of season
Gary Wheeler - 24 at end of season
Andrew Dixon - 23 at end of season
scott hale - 20 at end of season

personaly

Wellens - Backroom staff, Hohioa at FB with gaskell at SO
Soliola - retain on long contract
Meli - must be released, to old, FAR to much of a liability. dont understand why we didnt let him go years ago plus free up a quota spot
Flannery - Release, to old, free up quota spot and give room for younger talents
Clough - MUST keep on long contract, unsung hero for a few years now, really missed him last season
Wheeler - Keep, when fit he is outstanding
Dixon - hit and miss, dont really see anything in him, but he doesnt do anything wrong
Hale - time will tell

Marsh
14th January 2012, 20:06
Agree with what you say, maybe keep Wellens and move him into the pack.

Will be good to open up a couple of quota spots as Flanders and Meli will not be required.

Saint Simon
14th January 2012, 20:07
Paul Wellens - 33 at end of season - time to go
Sia Soliola - 25 at end of season - keep for as long as he will
Francis Meli - 34 at end of season - goodbye
Chris Flannery - 33 at end of season - goodbye
Paul Clough - 26 at end of season - keep longterm deal
Gary Wheeler - 24 at end of season - if he can stay fit this year, long term deal
Andrew Dixon - 23 at end of season - keep on cheap deal, he's a bennet esque reliable player
scott hale - 20 at end of season - way to early to judge, cheap deal

WidnesSaint
14th January 2012, 20:33
I really can't see how you lot can make judgments like this before even a single game in 2012 has been played. Maybe after 5 or 6 rounds, but certainly not now !

Saintokell1974
14th January 2012, 20:50
I really can't see how you lot can make judgments like this before even a single game in 2012 has been played. Maybe after 5 or 6 rounds, but certainly not now !

Here here- seen too many times on various threads how Wello is either not good enough (haha) or should be in the pack! Utter tosh until we see how we get on this year- haven't even seen a decnt run of games so to speak from Perry yet?? No-one knows what the dreaded 'I' word will throw at us yet- will more kids get gametime?

Sausalito
14th January 2012, 21:39
Wellens, Flannery & Meli to go.

reliable sauce
14th January 2012, 21:44
For me, all effort has to go to retaining Soliola.
Outstanding performer last year.
That is if his knees hold, fingers crossed!

Can see Clough being a one club player.

kirk1989
14th January 2012, 21:45
Wheeler will only be 22 at end of the season....23 if his birthday is september/october. played rugby same age as me.....Long term deal if he proves his fitness

Lex
14th January 2012, 21:47
[QUOTE=reliable sauce;398779]For me, all effort has to go to retaining Soliola.
Outstanding performer last year.
That is if his knees hold, fingers crossed!

Can see Clough being a one club player.[/Q

Sia is in a bad way, if his knees cant hold fingers crossed !!!!!

wirefox
14th January 2012, 22:01
Agree with what you say, maybe keep Wellens and move him into the pack.

Will be good to open up a couple of quota spots as Flanders and Meli will not be required.

Check it out. Releasing Meli and Flannery will not open quota spots.

But must be released anyway.

reliable sauce
14th January 2012, 22:11
Check it out. Releasing Meli and Flannery will not open quota spots.

But must be released anyway.

Can't see Flannery getting much game time this season, unless we have an injury crisis again.
Although it is great to have players of his quality waiting in the ranks!

geordie_saint
14th January 2012, 22:19
Wheeler will only be 22 at end of the season....23 if his birthday is september/october. played rugby same age as me.....Long term deal if he proves his fitness

Not suggesting Wheeler is or ever will be as good, but Benji Marshall had awful luck with injuries at the start of his career...

johnnyl
14th January 2012, 22:24
Wellens - Utility back row when we get rid of my mate
Flannery - Get shut
Soliola - Keep
Meli - get shut
Clough - Keep
Wheeler - Get shut if he puts in another 10 game season. We need to see him playing at least 22+ games
Dixon - Keep
Hale - no idea

Mac Saint
14th January 2012, 23:10
Sia is after a new contract which is good news, can't see any reason why the club wouldn't give him a new contract (3 years at least) great player.

Albion
14th January 2012, 23:11
Think it's agreed by most that we'd like to see at least Meli and Flannery gone with Clough and Soliola being certainties.

The rest I think can be judged upon how the season unfolds - Wellens (whether he can do another season or two, experience could be vital) Wheeler (fitness) and Dixon/Hale (development).

A lot also depends on recruitment possibilities for 2013 - if there is no one available who could add quality, then Meli and Flannery might be offered an extra year.

reliable sauce
14th January 2012, 23:59
Sia is after a new contract which is good news, can't see any reason why the club wouldn't give him a new contract (3 years at least) great player.

Is this reliable info?

I hope it's true, my favourite Saints player.
Had a feeling he might of wanted another stint in the NRL.

Cannot see Saints ever offering him more than 3 years with his chronic patellar tendonitis. Which is completely understandable.

johnnyl
15th January 2012, 00:31
Is this reliable info?

Cannot see Saints ever offering him more than 3 years with his chronic patellar tendonitis. Which is completely understandable.

I guess it also depends upon what other terms he wants. IMO he is a good player but not a top player, if he wants top player wages then it is a problem....still, I'd rather keep him but the deal has to be in the interests of the club as well.

SaintTrotter
15th January 2012, 08:44
Sia is a good player, not a top player for me, 2yrs max, cant rely on those knees. Flannery, on yer bike son. Wello may retire, i like clough, no coincidence we started to turn it on when he returned. Meli will go, decent centre, liability on the wing. Pray for an injury free wheeler, cant see it, as joey hayes says, his gait is all wrong, nowt you can do about that, born that way.

Reacher
15th January 2012, 09:08
Is this reliable info?

Sia does want to stay yes. No intention of returning to the NRL.

KelCloset
15th January 2012, 20:16
Flannery is already off quota so releasing him wont free up a slot

brook
15th January 2012, 20:30
I agree with most on here,Wello,flanno and Meli to go,with regards to Sia it all depends on is there better coming of contract in the NRl and could we afford them.

Noel Cleal
15th January 2012, 21:04
Wello is not OOC at the end of the season there is a 1 year option for 2013 I do believe. Chances are we will have 2 more years of Donk then he will be let out to grase.

Whoop Dee Doo