PDA

View Full Version : £5 postage for a ticket!!!

superporky
13th January 2012, 20:59
Have just purchased my ticket for the Salford game but £5 for postage of a ticket!!!! Come on Saints, that`s a bit steep.

Lex
13th January 2012, 21:04
Have just purchased my ticket for the Salford game but £5 for postage of a ticket!!!! Come on Saints, that`s a bit steep.

If you have purchased the ticket, then you are going to the game. Why not just pick it up on the night, from the ticket office ?

Saint Simon
13th January 2012, 21:07
If you have purchased the ticket, then you are going to the game. Why not just pick it up on the night, from the ticket office ?
very good point!

Geoggy
13th January 2012, 21:28
It's special delivery. Royal mail set the price not Saints

KentishBarry
13th January 2012, 21:29
The £5 thing has been there for a while.
Do what Lex said and order your next one in advance if you can. Pick that up too.

Saintokell1974
13th January 2012, 21:33
The £5 thing has been there for a while.
Do what Lex said and order your next one in advance if you can. Pick that up too.

As the lads have said-I agree order in advance, save some wonga. Whats more to the point, although I don't think they hide the charge, I have noticed that it is not highlighted and maybe a small footnote to advise coming early to the game to pick it up first, then a cheeky mention that you could use the fiver in the bars or for food may show they are definately not hiding the Royal Mail set fee? Always better in our clubs pocket and not in Royal Mails?

superporky
13th January 2012, 21:35
Only thought about that afterwards to be honest! Suppose I was too eager to have my ticket in hand for the first league game, also didn`t want to drive up there for 2 hours and find a balls up with collecting it on match night either!! Never mind, done now!

superporky
13th January 2012, 21:40
I suppose I am comparing it to when I buy tickets for Birmingham City matches where I don`t get charged for postage. ( And before you all take the mickey, yes I know they`re that desperate to get fans in they should give them away! )

shabbashaz
14th January 2012, 19:33
Have always picked my tickets up when ordered online, makes sense

superporky
14th January 2012, 20:36
Phoned them up today to order the new away shirt and asked them to send it with my ticket so I only get one delivery charge!! Feel better now.

Lex
14th January 2012, 20:44
Phoned them up today to order the new away shirt and asked them to send it with my ticket so I only get one delivery charge!! Feel better now.
And your other team score 6 away from home, albeit against 9 men.

superporky
15th January 2012, 07:02
And your other team score 6 away from home, albeit against 9 men.

Happy days indeed!!!

Red_V_Roger
15th January 2012, 09:54
We get charged up to $7.50 (£5) here for stadiums/clubs e-mailing an e-ticket!