PDA

View Full Version : Let Battle Begin

slippery steve
11th January 2012, 22:05
Let Battle Begin.

I am hoping that a mini battle of the voices commences at Langtree Park. It would be great if the West and North Stands could battle it out, to be our most vocal singing section. Imagine every time the West Stand sing if the North Stand could try to sing louder and vice versa.

Let's create an intimidating atmosphere for all who come.:wink:

Back Row Singer
11th January 2012, 22:55
Like this sort of thing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bor1WFQNNH8&feature=related

TW2 Saint
12th January 2012, 07:26
Like this sort of thing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bor1WFQNNH8&feature=related

Copy that ? And end up before the beaks for singing pro IRA songs and sabotaging minutes silences on Remembrance Sunday ? No thanks - vile club, vile fans. Let's stick to what we know.

Saint_Claire
12th January 2012, 10:08
Having two singing sections in the East stand at Widnes didn't lead to a better atmosphere, it just led to two lots of songs dying out quickly. Surely we want unity rather than division amongst one set of fans?

Talk some sense!
12th January 2012, 10:08
Copy that ? And end up before the beaks for singing pro IRA songs and sabotaging minutes silences on Remembrance Sunday ? No thanks - vile club, vile fans. Let's stick to what we know.

I think you've got a bit carried away here, granted I can't see the video but i'm guessing it's not the actual chant/song content that he suggests copying!

Talk some sense!
12th January 2012, 10:10
Having two singing sections in the East stand at Widnes didn't lead to a better atmosphere, it just led to two lots of songs dying out quickly. Surely we want unity rather than division amongst one set of fans?

Again I think the initial post has been misunderstood - rather than two lots of fans singing two different songs it's more a noise thing. As in our stands louder than yours, nothing wrong with that really?

Scouse Don
12th January 2012, 10:16
Again I think the initial post has been misunderstood - rather than two lots of fans singing two different songs it's more a noise thing. As in our stands louder than yours, nothing wrong with that really?

I agree,in the same way that the family stand used to be louder than the scaff ?

paulscnthorpe
12th January 2012, 10:23
When Liverpool played Brighton, their fans were singing "we're north stand, we're the east stand" etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3g6ES_ZU9M&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Gray77
12th January 2012, 12:03
We're living in a dream world if we think that hundreds of previously not bothered people are all of a sudden going to become singing fanatics just because we've moved into a new stadium. If anything, the extra comfort and higher levels of families going will lead to less noise coming from the seated areas of the new place.

Let's just try and get the West Stand to be as good as it can be, which in reality should be rocking for the Wigan, Wire and Leeds games, pretty good for Hull and the opening game with Salford and will probably be pretty average for all the other games. We follow a good team who win most of their home games, we play in a league where most teams are beaten when they turn up at our place within half an hour, and we play in a competition where regular season games don't mean as much as they should. So it's unrealistic to think the new place will be a cauldron of noise every weekend because it won't be.

We'll get good crowds, we'll have a good home record, but for 7-8 home games this season it'll be like it has been forever and a day, namely pretty quiet as we watch our team coast to victory against an average team. What we've always done better than any other set of fans is be there for our team in games when they really need the support. When the big teams roll up and our team need vocal backing we are as good as it gets in this sport and if we can replicate in the West Stand what we had on the Pop for the bigger home games then I'll take it. Anything else will be a bonus, but let's try and be realistic here.

Talk some sense!
12th January 2012, 12:21
We're living in a dream world if we think that hundreds of previously not bothered people are all of a sudden going to become singing fanatics just because we've moved into a new stadium. If anything, the extra comfort and higher levels of families going will lead to less noise coming from the seated areas of the new place.

Let's just try and get the West Stand to be as good as it can be, which in reality should be rocking for the Wigan, Wire and Leeds games, pretty good for Hull and the opening game with Salford and will probably be pretty average for all the other games. We follow a good team who win most of their home games, we play in a league where most teams are beaten when they turn up at our place within half an hour, and we play in a competition where regular season games don't mean as much as they should. So it's unrealistic to think the new place will be a cauldron of noise every weekend because it won't be.

We'll get good crowds, we'll have a good home record, but for 7-8 home games this season it'll be like it has been forever and a day, namely pretty quiet as we watch our team coast to victory against an average team. What we've always done better than any other set of fans is be there for our team in games when they really need the support. When the big teams roll up and our team need vocal backing we are as good as it gets in this sport and if we can replicate in the West Stand what we had on the Pop for the bigger home games then I'll take it. Anything else will be a bonus, but let's try and be realistic here.

You're the kind of person who takes pleasure in telling Kids father Christmas doesn't exist aren't you!;)

Gray77
12th January 2012, 12:27
You're the kind of person who takes pleasure in telling Kids father Christmas doesn't exist aren't you!;)

What are you talking about? Prove to me he doesn't exist!! ;)

Seriously though, I hope we tear the place down every other weekend, but I think we're setting ourselves up for a fall expecting it to be better than KR. Name me a team in any sport in this country where the atmosphere in the new ground is better than the old ground, it just doesn't happen. But we can try and replicate it as best we can, and if we do I'll be happy.

Talk some sense!
12th January 2012, 12:37
What are you talking about? Prove to me he doesn't exist!! ;)

Seriously though, I hope we tear the place down every other weekend, but I think we're setting ourselves up for a fall expecting it to be better than KR. Name me a team in any sport in this country where the atmosphere in the new ground is better than the old ground, it just doesn't happen. But we can try and replicate it as best we can, and if we do I'll be happy.

You are right, I think replicating an atmosphere is pretty much impossible and it's all about creating something new. So instead of it being better or worse than KR it'll just be different.

Spider Ski
12th January 2012, 12:43
I agree,in the same way that the family stand used to be louder than the scaff ?

Only because your hearing aids could only pick up what was going on around you! ;)

Agent Mulder
12th January 2012, 12:50

Everything doesn't just revolve around the West Stand. There are loads of people who stood on the pop side and are now in the North Stand. So instead of you thinking lets get the atmosphere going well in the West it also applies to the North. The new West Stand at the new ground is made up of people from the old Pop side and from the clubhouse end etc and newbies as well. As long as we all try to create an atmosphere I think we will be fine. It will be hard at first to all get it in unison but we will make it I'm sure.

KentishBarry
12th January 2012, 12:59
Let Battle Begin.

... It would be great if the West and North Stands could battle it out, to be our most vocal singing section...

Singing rounds anyone?
Frere jacques, Frere jacques...

NortonSaint
12th January 2012, 13:07
Sing until we lift the roof off!

MachineGunFunk
12th January 2012, 13:14

You can't really argue with any of this. Of course we all hope the building will be a cauldron but, from the config at Widnes, everything suggests the West will be the noisy stand. Be great though if the North and South can help us out with 80 mins of 'Forrrrrrrrrrwwwwwwward' and 'Gerrem onside'. :smile:

hazzo21
12th January 2012, 13:48

Whilst I dont necessarily disagree with you, why dont you put this as your signature to save typing it out in every single post you make!!
We get the idea but surely every thread doesnt need hijacking by the same argument

Gray77
12th January 2012, 14:04
Whilst I dont necessarily disagree with you, why dont you put this as your signature to save typing it out in every single post you make!!
We get the idea but surely every thread doesnt need hijacking by the same argument

Maybe I am going on about it too much, I will try and reign it back a little. But in this instance is it not a pertinent point? I have a season ticket, I am backing my club financially and will be doing 400 mile trips from London from games and I will be in the West Stand and used to be one of the 200 or so vocal backers of the team on the Pop back in the day. If the atmosphere is going to be as good as KR I am exactly the kind of person who needs to turn up, back the team and care enough about the outcome to get excited and worked up enough to make as much noise as possible. The system we play in is hugely relevant to whether the atmosphere is going to be as good as possible, hence the atmosphere being better for derby games, Cup games and knock-out play-offs than they are for the normal regular rounds because people care more about the outcome and feel the team need more support. The system has a huge impact on the atmosphere. But point taken in terms of other threads.

Talk some sense!
12th January 2012, 14:06
Everything doesn't just revolve around the West Stand. There are loads of people who stood on the pop side and are now in the North Stand. So instead of you thinking lets get the atmosphere going well in the West it also applies to the North. The new West Stand at the new ground is made up of people from the old Pop side and from the clubhouse end etc and newbies as well. As long as we all try to create an atmosphere I think we will be fine. It will be hard at first to all get it in unison but we will make it I'm sure.

My stand's better than your stand!!

Weststanders!!

:razz:

Gray77
12th January 2012, 14:32
Everything doesn't just revolve around the West Stand. There are loads of people who stood on the pop side and are now in the North Stand. So instead of you thinking lets get the atmosphere going well in the West it also applies to the North.

Make it happen then mate, it'd be great if it works and I'll happily admit to being completely wrong if it does.

11Dicko
12th January 2012, 15:50
I think we've just gotta face the facts that new stadium or not, our "atmosphere" wether that be singing or otherwise has never been that great and I don't expect it to change that much in the future.I hope I'm proved wrong though. Hello.

SaintJ
12th January 2012, 16:01
I think we've just gotta face the facts that new stadium or not, our "atmosphere" wether that be singing or otherwise has never been that great and I don't expect it to change that much in the future.I hope I'm proved wrong though. Hello.

DID YOU EVER GO TO KNOWSLEY ROAD[RIP]???????:angel:

11Dicko
12th January 2012, 16:08
DID YOU EVER GO TO KNOWSLEY ROAD[RIP]???????:angel:
Don't get me wrong there's games when the place was bouncing, but as a whole you can't honestly tell me the place was rocking every game and you came out of there hoarse, and as someone said before' it's probably less likely now due to the move, ie, comfy seats and the like.

Gray77
12th January 2012, 16:29
Don't get me wrong there's games when the place was bouncing, but as a whole you can't honestly tell me the place was rocking every game and you came out of there hoarse, and as someone said before' it's probably less likely now due to the move, ie, comfy seats and the like.

It's all about the occasion. When the game feels important, when the outcome is by no means certain, when we feel our team needs the vocal support that can make a difference we are as good as anything in the country. If we manage to be that way in the new stadium then that's a result IMO and I've little doubt that we'll manage that as we'll have played a few games before the likes of Leeds and Wigan roll up so people will be more used to the new surroundings and it will feel like home. Against the lesser teams has always been an issue, but it is for most teams who are successful and win the vast majority of home games.

Back Row Singer
12th January 2012, 16:56
When Liverpool played Brighton, their fans were singing "we're north stand, we're the east stand" etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3g6ES_ZU9M&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That aint too bad!

We're the North Stand, We're the North Stand... We're the North Stand Langtree Park!

We're the West Stand, We're the West Stand... We're the West Stand Langtree Park!

May work?

11Dicko
12th January 2012, 17:11
I think it's very hard to get new songs going aswell, I know at Man Utd, a lot of the lads meet in the pub before games to try new songs out and see how they sound,as apposed to 1 bloke trying it on his own in the ground. It's a good way to get the atmosphere going before the game,and gets everyone in the mood. I'm sure Alan in The George won't mind us trying it out? Cue the Man Utd jokes!!

hazzo21
12th January 2012, 18:12
Maybe I am going on about it too much, I will try and reign it back a little. But in this instance is it not a pertinent point? I have a season ticket, I am backing my club financially and will be doing 400 mile trips from London from games and I will be in the West Stand and used to be one of the 200 or so vocal backers of the team on the Pop back in the day. If the atmosphere is going to be as good as KR I am exactly the kind of person who needs to turn up, back the team and care enough about the outcome to get excited and worked up enough to make as much noise as possible. The system we play in is hugely relevant to whether the atmosphere is going to be as good as possible, hence the atmosphere being better for derby games, Cup games and knock-out play-offs than they are for the normal regular rounds because people care more about the outcome and feel the team need more support. The system has a huge impact on the atmosphere. But point taken in terms of other threads.

I think there is a slight link but you have tried to get your argument to fit the point!!

Only messing mate, I do see what you are saying to a certain degree but I reckon if the supporters really want to then they will make an atmosphere no matter who we are playing. It is only natural that the Wigan, Warrington and Leeds games etc. are going to be more atmospheric than London and Salford but we can only try!
If I was travelling 400 miles to watch the game like yourself then I would make as much nosie and atmosphere as I possibly could no matter who we were playing!

Spider Ski
12th January 2012, 18:38
Why do we care who is louder, we are united.

Don't worry about a thing, 'cause in the redvee, it's gonna be alright

Saintokell1974
12th January 2012, 18:48

I can honestly say I could probably count on one hand when I didn't come out hoarse from KR! I always believe if you didn't then I hadn't done my job- I will continue to try this, always shouting and singing, even if I am on my own?

Bring it on Weststanders to help the team!! C'mon you Saints

cement city saint
12th January 2012, 20:50
I will side with slippery steve in theory great idea, in days of old at united we used sing against each section of the ground stretford end, score board paddock, united road, it used to really generate an atmosphere, great idea and top marks for trying we need more like you to get the atmosphere at our new stadium the best keep it up

slippery steve
12th January 2012, 20:54
I will side with slippery steve in theory great idea, in days of old at united we used sing against each section of the ground stretford end, score board paddock, united road, it used to really generate an atmosphere, great idea and top marks for trying we need more like you to get the atmosphere at our new stadium the best keep it up

Thats the spirit..

West Stand Aggro ELLO ELLO

cement city saint
12th January 2012, 21:04
ha nice one but wasnt quite the chant i had in mind, in my united road days maybe but at rugby frowned upon, we do need to generate good banter around the ground. i have to put my seneible head on and say lets get some good songs going, we need more like you and back row singer

Spider Ski
12th January 2012, 21:10
Posted in the other thread, however

Qt010WCqGBU

Lex
12th January 2012, 21:16
All this talk of chants and songs, got me thinking of one of the funniest I ever heard. It was the first game we played against Bradfut, after the supposed voluntary tackle by Joynty in the GF. We were at KR and the Popular side began a song aimed at Jimmy Lowes, which went;
Have you picked your bottom lip up, Jimmy Lowes, have you picked your bottom lip up Jimmy Lowes, have you picked your bottom lip up, picked your bottom lip up, picked your bottom lip up, Jimmy Lowes ?
Absolute quality.

Saintokell1974
12th January 2012, 21:57
All this talk of chants and songs, got me thinking of one of the funniest I ever heard. It was the first game we played against Bradfut, after the supposed voluntary tackle by Joynty in the GF. We were at KR and the Popular side began a song aimed at Jimmy Lowes, which went;
Have you picked your bottom lip up, Jimmy Lowes, have you picked your bottom lip up Jimmy Lowes, have you picked your bottom lip up, picked your bottom lip up, picked your bottom lip up, Jimmy Lowes ?
Absolute quality.

Still doesn't beat the Chev Walker- You got bummed in the shower!

Albion
12th January 2012, 22:36
The Paul Cooke one a couple of seasons back makes me laugh!