PDA

View Full Version : Power Play Rule to be tested!!!

Dave01
6th January 2012, 11:37
Power Play Rule to be tested in the NRL All Star's V Indigenous!!!

Sorry if this has already been covered, but just came across an article on the NRL website and was wondering what people's thoughts on this ruling, and do you think it will be implicated into our own Superleague. If so do you think it will make for a more exciting game??

http://www.nrl.com/rose-says-power-play-success-crucial/tabid/10874/newsid/65631/default.aspx

Thoughts please??

The Chief
6th January 2012, 12:01
Covered last month mate.

http://www.redvee.net/forums/showthread.php?20362-Power-Play-amp-20-40

KentishBarry
6th January 2012, 12:32
Still not keen on it. It sounds like 'up the jumper' time for the 11 man side.

Am I right in thinking it stops once a team scores? If so, does the 13 man side try to score asap, or hang back in an attempt to tire the other out?

Also, what happens if both side wait until the end of the game before opting for PP? They can't have it at the same time!

Dave01
6th January 2012, 13:06
Covered last month mate.

http://www.redvee.net/forums/showthread.php?20362-Power-Play-amp-20-40

Cheers Chief for clearing that up. Just got brought to my attantion when i went on the NRL site.

Kentish from what i can make out it is only for an alotted period of time i.e. 5mins or 10mins.
I think it could be used to good effect if you have a good attacking team and its a close game!!

Not sure if both teams can use the PP rule at the same time as it would render it pointless.

Kakariki
6th January 2012, 13:11
I think it's a daft gimmick. I wouldn;t want to see it as a new rule for all matches.

What next? Blindfold two players? I know. Take a player off at 10 minute intervals and have them replaced by a supporter! A bit like The Price is Right. "North STand, Row p, Seat 25....COME ON DOWN!!!!"

I'm sure Sky will be up for it.

KentishBarry
6th January 2012, 13:20
Kentish from what i can make out it is only for an alotted period of time i.e. 5mins or 10mins...

Not sure if both teams can use the PP rule at the same time as it would render it pointless.

Dave,
Its 10 minutes but finishes if the team scores.
They can't both have it at the same time.

Dave01
6th January 2012, 13:24
Dave,
Its 10 minutes but finishes if the team scores.
They can't both have it at the same time.

I actually wouldnt mind seeing the Nrl All star v Indig game to see how it works.
That makes more sense, 10min spell or first to score.

RedVee Admin
6th January 2012, 13:28
Sounds gash to me.

headtackle
6th January 2012, 14:25
Should tell the Aussies where to stick this - game is fine as it is without any gimmicks

The only time I want to see us down to 11 is if it has all kicked off and 2 of the opposition are resting/off with them

rally
6th January 2012, 14:55
When I heard the word power play I thought it was the same rule for the 9's when the scoring teams get 1 tackle to try and score again rather than take the kick for goal.