PDA

View Full Version : Day of the Match volunteers required.

DD
30th November 2011, 20:09
As from now on, away games are more or less completely curtailed due to circumstances beyond this (soon to be ex) Private Sector worker's control.

Therefore there are four options for next season:-

1) We have a new regular contributor for every away game
2) We have new regular contributors for different away games
3) I do DOTM reports based on TV/radio
4) I link in an official match report

So, any volunteers out there? You know you want to! :)

hazzo21
5th December 2011, 14:45
Well the response has been overwhelming!!

I dont mind giving this a go but I cant guarantee I will be at every away game so it would have to be option 2.

Hopefully now there has been one volunteer we might get a few more!!

Reacher
5th December 2011, 15:00
I have no problems with the away ones I go to, but they are likely to be the local ones and not the Yorkshire games.

Legendary Supporter
5th December 2011, 16:38
As from now on, away games are more or less completely curtailed due to circumstances beyond this (soon to be ex) Private Sector worker's control.

Therefore there are four options for next season:-

1) We have a new regular contributor for every away game
2) We have new regular contributors for different away games
3) I do DOTM reports based on TV/radio
4) I link in an official match report

So, any volunteers out there? You know you want to! :)

I have no problems doing my bit & will hopefully be at most 'away' matches

DD
5th December 2011, 19:56
It's nice to know someone cares!:)

Cheers chaps. When it gets nearer to the season we can sort out who's going to where and do a split rota of sorts.

I dare say I will still be going to the odd one but only if I get a 'proper' job with 'proper' money. ;)

oldshep1960
14th December 2011, 21:55
It's nice to know someone cares!:)

Cheers chaps. When it gets nearer to the season we can sort out who's going to where and do a split rota of sorts.

I dare say I will still be going to the odd one but only if I get a 'proper' job with 'proper' money. ;) MAY I JUST MAKE A POINT OF APPRECIATION! I have not the skill nor the knowledge to even contemplate fulfilling this role, but I for one am most grateful for all your work and committment to this great site. p.s. Merry chrimbo an Happy new Year, from a donkey commonner. 'Leicester st born an bred, tatty heath till i'm dead'

Scouse Don
28th December 2011, 08:03
I'll be doing a few more away games next season,happy to help out.

St_Anders
17th January 2012, 17:42
Hopefully i plan on going to some more away games this year (Shifts permitting) But i would be happy to help out.

DD
17th January 2012, 18:20
Thanks for the replies chaps.

OK let's start the ball rolling.

Who fancies doing London away then?

TW2 Saint
17th January 2012, 23:24
If you don't get any other volunteers DD I'll do it.

DD
18th January 2012, 18:35
If you don't get any other volunteers DD I'll do it.

Cheers pal but Dave Howarth had already sent me a PM volunteering to do it so that's saved you a burden. ;)

Thanks again anyway.

hazzo21
19th January 2012, 14:11
Cheers pal but Dave Howarth had already sent me a PM volunteering to do it so that's saved you a burden. ;)

Thanks again anyway.

Looks like its sorted but if for any reason this changes then let me (or TW2) know and I will have a bash!

DD
6th February 2012, 14:26
Any volunteers for Hull KR then? :)

hazzo21
7th February 2012, 13:40
Any volunteers for Hull KR then? :)

I am happy to give it a go as long as I go to the game. I will know for definite in the week leading up to the match. If anyone wants to step in before me that is definitely going then no worries. If not, I will let you know early next week.

DD
9th February 2012, 19:15
I am happy to give it a go as long as I go to the game. I will know for definite in the week leading up to the match. If anyone wants to step in before me that is definitely going then no worries. If not, I will let you know early next week.

Ok. Cheers for that squire :)

hazzo21
16th February 2012, 23:11
Ok. Cheers for that squire :)

I am definitely going to Hull KR on Sunday so I can give the match report a go if you like.
Any guidelines?
Do you want me to send it to you via email or PM when done?

Dave Howarth
17th February 2012, 12:41
Any guidelines?

Don't leave it until 10 minutes into the second half before you start making notes ;) and read the match report in League Express/League Weekly if you get stuck ;)

hazzo21
17th February 2012, 13:47
Don't leave it until 10 minutes into the second half before you start making notes ;) and read the match report in League Express/League Weekly if you get stuck ;)

Haha, I like it mate. Will makes a few notes on my phone as I go along.

DD
17th February 2012, 19:28

Email it to me please mate. dconcannon@tiscali.co.uk

DD
17th February 2012, 19:31

I tend to just jot things in the phone that you can't pick up from after match, match reports. No point in standing there jotting details of a team move when Mike Critchley/Mike Appleton can do all that and you just pinch it afterwards. ;) Trick is to jot stupid things down that pad out the report like the state of the ground, the quality of the cuisine, ball boys getting splattered with a close range ball in the face or the putrid smell of flatulence from the scrubber sat behind you; that kind of shenanigans. :)

You can throw in a bit of analysis, opinions on this, that and the other and other stories of the day. Remember it is a Day of the Match not a match report as such.

I used to get complaints because I didn't cover each move in detail. If you want that, that's what the official site and the Star are for. ;)

DD
21st February 2012, 19:28
Who's up for Huddersfield then? ;)

hazzo21
21st February 2012, 20:17
Who's up for Huddersfield then? ;)

I only get back from holiday that morning and it is also my wife's birthday so I had best count myself out for the time being!!!