PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Watch 7

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Windle Lad
27th September 2011, 12:41
Saints Media Manager to pop round with a few beers and a takeaway to have a good chat?

What a great idea!!

On a more serious note I agree fully with your earlier comments re Saints Media Manager, being one of those who has received a pm. Only thing I would say without wanting to prolong the discussion, is that what was in the pm, isn't what is being said now, and I suspect part of the issue is despite the various protestations on here, that the clube are keeping a close eye on how the Stadium is performing in the various weather conditions and also are clearly not blind to comments being made on the subject. To be honest I couldn't think of a bigger own goal than if half the North Stand (or the West) went for their half -time pint and came back soaked! - just can't see it happening.

NortonSaint
27th September 2011, 13:24
Look at the issues wakefield and castleford are having, and everton in football over new stadia, I think that shows how well the club have done, I'm a little disappointed about the cladding, but when I think back to last year, it really is a.million times better
Wakey and Cas won't lay a brick with regards to new stadia in the next three years, they've got away with it.

Dicko
27th September 2011, 13:34
Regards flooding on the concourse last time I had a look round half the downspouts had not been coupled up to the drains.

FearTheVee
27th September 2011, 13:35
Regards flooding on the concourse last time I had a look round half the downspouts had not been coupled up to the drains.

Surely that can't be right, it's as if the place isn't finished yet.

forward ref
27th September 2011, 14:01
Admin person

clarity in communication .....

"likely to" ????? isn't a clear phrase

Also, I was under the impression that ONLY the North stand was likely to have cladding by around about the time of the first game. Where's this information about the West stand getting it by then come from? So again I say where's the clarity ?????? Can anyone show me a link where the club say this about the West stand?

It sounds like you are suggesting that we should be grateful to the club for the bits of informaton they give us. I differ in that view. Any business that doesn't communicate clearly with its customer base is a foolish business. There are many foolish businesses I could example to you.

I thnk this debate about cladding would have lasted one page if clear communication would have been put out.

It is quite obvious there are concerns from fans. It makes no difference whether those concerns are well founded or not. It is in the club's power to allay those concerns and clarify the different interpretations (see comment about West stand cladding above) of what is to be expected. Maybe they could even run to a reason why it is to be expected thus, as long as revealing the reason does not directly hurt the club that is.

Being sarcastic about beer and a chat doesn't help.

FearTheVee
27th September 2011, 14:11
Admin person

It is clear. It means it is likely to be the case, but there is a chance that it might not.

I want Sky Go on my Android phone. I asked Sky and they said it was likely to come out some time this winter. Not definitely will. Likely to. I could ask them why they don't find more money to employ more people and do it quicker and send me a weekly update. They won't though, because they've given me their answer and it was a reasonable answer.

Saints are under no obligation to tell us every minute detail about the progress of every aspect of the stadium's fabrication at all times. They are most likely trying desperately hard to fund the thing to completion and have better things to do than answer the same question for a zillionth time.

Saints have explicitly said that the North and West stands are likely to be clad before the start of the season. I can only assume that you want them to say that they DEFINITELY will be, but life and business isn't always that black and white and there might be a lot of variables that we don't know about (and that the directors don't WANT us to know about given that Saints' money is basically their OWN PERSONAL cash raised from PERSONAL means that are none of our business, as our club loses millions and millions of pounds that they have to fund from their own pockets). Perhaps they should come on and explain to the angry mob why they haven't mortgaged their houses to clad our East stand?

Chill out and see what it's like for the first game. If we haven't been able to find the cash to finish it 100% perfectly, then I for one can forgive the club given what they have managed to achieve for a hideously lossmaking sports club in the middle of a global financial meltdown.

Div
27th September 2011, 14:18
Chill out and see what it's like for the first game. If we haven't been able to find the cash to finish it 100% perfectly, then I for one can forgive the club given what they have managed to achieve for a hideously lossmaking sports club in the middle of a global financial meltdown.

Spot on.

forward ref
27th September 2011, 14:32
Saints have explicitly said that the North and West stands are likely to be clad before the start of the season. I.

Can you show me where they say this about the West stand? I have found a quote from them about the North stand, but in that quote it just says the West stand will be done later.

Windle Lad
27th September 2011, 14:35
Any more on-site news? Have those steps gone in yet? Looks like they are going to be blessed with the weather as far as finishing off the ground works.

Also does anybody know if they are going to clear the full site in October or are ground works going to continue on phase 2 - though I am sure somebody said there was no planning permision for Phase 2 (???) - though I presume this would have also been the case for new wall etc on PX lane (outside JKP) - as this is not technically phase 1??

Cheers.

FearTheVee
27th September 2011, 14:35
Can you show me where they say this about the West stand? I have found a quote from them about the North stand, but in that quote it just says the West stand will be done later.

A couple of pages back there is a quoted response from Saints saying:

"Don't take this the wrong way, but I have answered this question about 60 times. The North and West stands are likely to be cladded by the beginning of the season"

forward ref
27th September 2011, 14:36
Chill out and see what it's like for the first game. .

I am perfectly chilled thank you. I'm personally not bothered either way about the cladding. I do disagree about the point made on communication.

You say the club arn't obliged to tell us anything, of course you are correct. My point is that policy is foolish. That's all.

FearTheVee
27th September 2011, 14:39
You say the club arn't obliged to tell us anything, of course you are correct. My point is that policy is foolish. That's all.

I know mate, I didn't mean to sound off. And I would agree with you if they weren't telling us anything. But they have specifically answered the question asked.

If there is something else you (or anybody reading this thread) wants to know, I suggest you send an email and ask them. It's a bit pointless arguing that they haven't told us the answer to a question that hasn't been asked, and even more pointless arguing that they haven't answered a question that they have actually answered several times! :)

RedVee Admin
27th September 2011, 14:41
Admin person

Also, I was under the impression that ONLY the North stand was likely to have cladding by around about the time of the first game. Where's this information about the West stand getting it by then come from? So again I say where's the clarity ?????? Can anyone show me a link where the club say this about the West stand?

It sounds like you are suggesting that we should be grateful to the club for the bits of informaton they give us. I differ in that view. Any business that doesn't communicate clearly with its customer base is a foolish business. There are many foolish businesses I could example to you.

I thnk this debate about cladding would have lasted one page if clear communication would have been put out.

It is quite obvious there are concerns from fans. It makes no difference whether those concerns are well founded or not. It is in the club's power to allay those concerns and clarify the different interpretations (see comment about West stand cladding above) of what is to be expected. Maybe they could even run to a reason why it is to be expected thus, as long as revealing the reason does not directly hurt the club that is.

Being sarcastic about beer and a chat doesn't help.

But maybe you would benefit from the beer and chat? After all, your post suggests throughout that you personally have not directly asked a single question of Saints.

Contact them - I dare you - challenge the clarity.

info@saintsrlfc.com

RedVee Admin
27th September 2011, 14:47
I have found a quote from them about the North stand, but in that quote it just says the West stand will be done later.
That seems pretty clear to me but you could try emailing them and asking them to clarify this? info@saintsrlfc.com

RedVee Admin
27th September 2011, 14:51
I do disagree about the point made on communication. You say the club arn't obliged to tell us anything, of course you are correct. My point is that policy is foolish. That's all.
Because a Media Manager that doesn't knock off at 5pm, posts on non club forums, responds to every email sent to him and generally goes beyond the call of duty despite people complaining of not being informed of developments or timescales or not being given cast iron guarantees, all day every day, by every club employee, is a foolish Media Manager?

shabbashaz
27th September 2011, 15:52
Oh my god, is Dunderpants still whittering on about the cladding? I wonder if he had shares in red cladding!!! Looking at the pic of the aerial view of the stadium, it looks chuffing awesome and the cladding is the least of my worries. I'm more concerned about how our lads will fair next season and the new signings coming in.

I guess there's no pleasing some WUM's :D

SaintPeter
27th September 2011, 16:20
It looks like they are dismanteling the porta cabins. They are removing all the cables.
The webcam will be off soon.

doghead
27th September 2011, 16:55
Any more on-site news? Have those steps gone in yet? Looks like they are going to be blessed with the weather as far as finishing off the ground works.

Also does anybody know if they are going to clear the full site in October or are ground works going to continue on phase 2 - though I am sure somebody said there was no planning permision for Phase 2 (???) - though I presume this would have also been the case for new wall etc on PX lane (outside JKP) - as this is not technically phase 1??

Cheers.

the steps are almost in place, looks fantastic, adds a bit of class.

loads of the lads on site are moving onto olympic site work, one is moving to the Salford site.

Windle Lad
27th September 2011, 18:19
the steps are almost in place, looks fantastic, adds a bit of class.

I hoped they would look good - should really create an impression at the PX end.

saint87
27th September 2011, 19:56
Just come back from the site. The steps down to PX lane do indeed look impressive. The new car park opposite the south stand is coming along nicely. They are starting to put up a fence between the car park and the JKP warehouse aswell.

It's looking good!! Can't wait.

SaintJ
27th September 2011, 23:48
:STo change the subject a bit. Anyone know anything more about the bridge that is supposed to link the Town Centre to the New Stadium? When I asked in the shop about it, was told it was going from behind KFC [near Matalan] to the Stadium.
Had a walk down there a couple of weeks ago, and couldn't see anything being done. Am I looking in the right place, or hasn't it been started yet?
Thanks for any info.

lee.ashtonsaint
28th September 2011, 00:00
Lots of work being done on it, all the ground work looks to be complete and ready to have the bridge placed.

RedVee Admin
28th September 2011, 01:30
Had a walk down there a couple of weeks ago, and couldn't see anything being done. Am I looking in the right place, or hasn't it been started yet?
Thanks for any info.
I'd say that you're 100% not looking in the right place - they've been working on the foundations for months!

To say behind KFC is a bit misleading tho, it's further back than that, the other side of the railway line from KFC, by the Ravenhead Retail Park (B&Q) roundabout. It appears to lead from The World Of Glass to the Tesco side of the New Stadium, if I were you I'd have a wander down the side of the Hotties from the Chalon Way car park, that's more looking in the right place than behind KFC or Matalan. Or drive from KFC to B&Q - you'll not miss it then!

Phil Dunderpants
28th September 2011, 01:41
I guess there's no pleasing some WUM's :D

Don't call me that because I'm not.

And Mr Redvee admin remember this. 2 days now I've put up with ridicule and abuse for stating an opinion,including from yourself. I've not once had a pop back until now so it would be slightly hypocritical if you banned me for it. I'll take a warning if you also give the same to every poster in this thread who posted derogatory remarks against me.
If you edit my posts again then at least have the decency to acknowledge the fact.
But knowing you you'll just edit or delete this post and ban me anyway. Que sera sera and all that.

A certain ex-member hit the nail right on the head and I can understand why he doesn't post anymore.

doghead
28th September 2011, 09:24
Lots of work being done on it, all the ground work looks to be complete and ready to have the bridge placed.

also the large bolts that will anchor the dridge in place have been woven into the steel reinforcement, both side are almost at the same stage, should be near to the last big pour before the foundations are ready.

Gruntfuttock
28th September 2011, 09:43
:STo change the subject a bit. Anyone know anything more about the bridge that is supposed to link the Town Centre to the New Stadium? When I asked in the shop about it, was told it was going from behind KFC [near Matalan] to the Stadium.
Thanks for any info.

Not surprised you missed it if you look back over the last 5 pages of (mostly) drivel and negativity the last lot of pictures i took shows you the bridge site and the foundations for it (last two pictures)

http://www.redvee.net/forums/showthread.php?19425-Stadium-Watch-6/page46

Gruntfuttock
28th September 2011, 09:47
Don't call me that because I'm not. Go and have a drink and sit down with another episode of Desperate For Love....sorry Housewives.

Noticed you were 36. Is that your IQ or stones?

And Mr Redvee admin remember this. 2 days now I've put up with ridicule and abuse for stating an opinion,including from yourself. I've not once had a pop back until now so it would be slightly hypocritical if you banned me for it. I'll take a warning if you also give the same to every poster in this thread who posted derogatory remarks against me.
If you edit my posts again then at least have the decency to acknowledge the fact.
But knowing you you'll just edit or delete this post and ban me anyway. Que sera sera and all that.

A certain ex-member hit the nail right on the head and I can understand why he doesn't post anymore.

just out of curiosity is there anything about the stadium you DO like? because I along with many others are struggling to find a positive comment of yours, I think thats why your getting negativity and abuse back , yes you have the right to an opinion, but it should be balanced rather than complaining all the time

OsborneSaint
28th September 2011, 12:27
just out of curiosity is there anything about the stadium you DO like? because I along with many others are struggling to find a positive comment of yours, I think thats why your getting negativity and abuse back , yes you have the right to an opinion, but it should be balanced rather than complaining all the time

I agree with this. I haven't commented on this thread for a while but it has certainly taken a decisive pessimistic view of late. But that is not just pointed at Phil but a few others too.

Scouse Don
28th September 2011, 12:39
I THINK IT'S LOOKING BRILLIANT,CANT WAIT.....(that positive enough)

OsborneSaint
28th September 2011, 12:51
ha that's more like it Don!!!

Gruntfuttock
28th September 2011, 13:36
i think it's looking brilliant,cant wait.....(that positive enough)

that`ll do !! :)

mattsdad
28th September 2011, 14:47
Walked along PX Road this afternoon, the stadium looks fantastic, I know a few people have compared it to other stadia but I can't think of any that get anywhere near OURS, well done Saints and well done everyone involved in the project, Brilliant.

Saint_Claire
28th September 2011, 16:56
I passed it today and I cannot wait to be in there watching our first game! I think it's looking really good and when you consider some of the places we go to, be grateful for what we have, and be thankful you're a Saints fan.

Was also amused to be behind a man in the shop getting well annoyed that he couldn't have seats exactly comparable to where he had them at KR. Lovely patient lady behind counter said 'Did you have an ST for Widnes?' got a sneering 'no, I wasn't going to go there was I?' and she kindly explained that someone who had gone to Widnes now has said comparable seat. Aside from that, it seems there are not may seats left at all, the stadium is going to be packed out next season I reckon.

Dynamite Don Brennan
28th September 2011, 17:04
I passed it today and I cannot wait to be in there watching our first game! I think it's looking really good and when you consider some of the places we go to, be grateful for what we have, and be thankful you're a Saints fan.

Was also amused to be behind a man in the shop getting well annoyed that he couldn't have seats exactly comparable to where he had them at KR. Lovely patient lady behind counter said 'Did you have an ST for Widnes?' got a sneering 'no, I wasn't going to go there was I?' and she kindly explained that someone who had gone to Widnes now has said comparable seat. Aside from that, it seems there are not may seats left at all, the stadium is going to be packed out next season I reckon.

Yea selling well I believe!

FearTheVee
28th September 2011, 17:06
Yea selling well I believe!

Any ideas on actual numbers? Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.

How many STs are we expecting to shift, more than 10k?

Dynamite Don Brennan
28th September 2011, 17:11
Any ideas on actual numbers? Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.

How many STs are we expecting to shift, more than 10k?

I know theyre aiming for a minimun of eight thousand and hopeing for ten thousand.
I reckon were not to far away from that lower figure!

FearTheVee
28th September 2011, 17:12
I know theyre aiming for a minimun of eight thousand and hopeing for ten thousand.
I reckon were not to far away from that lower figure!

We really should be getting 10k plus STs sold for the new place IMO. 8k isn't enough.

Saints-Crusaders
28th September 2011, 17:15
http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff374/Cliff1967/Saints/saints%20stadium%203/saints%20stadium%2027/c158fe8e.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff374/Cliff1967/Saints/saints%20stadium%203/saints%20stadium%2027/cafeda91.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff374/Cliff1967/Saints/saints%20stadium%203/saints%20stadium%2027/42a88b46.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff374/Cliff1967/Saints/saints%20stadium%203/saints%20stadium%2027/5b813e06.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff374/Cliff1967/Saints/saints%20stadium%203/saints%20stadium%2027/a63cfcd6.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff374/Cliff1967/Saints/saints%20stadium%203/saints%20stadium%2027/1ca8b4c4.jpg

Dynamite Don Brennan
28th September 2011, 17:17
We really should be getting 10k plus STs sold for the new place IMO. 8k isn't enough.

Agreed,this Is the time the new marketing fella will earn his coin.
The faithfull will have renewed,them that probably went to K.R more often than not will have got theres.
Nows the time leading up to Chritmas for a big marketing push.
Ten thousand should be achievable.

FearTheVee
28th September 2011, 17:19
Agreed,this Is the time the new marketing fella will earn his coin.
The faithfull will have renewed,them that probably went to K.R more often than not will have got theres.
Nows the time leading up to Chritmas for a big marketing push.
Ten thousand should be achievable.

We'll sell a few when we announce the Sam Burgess signing.

Dynamite Don Brennan
28th September 2011, 17:21
Top pics S.C.
Next time get one of the workys to stand next to the turnstyle for some perspective:biggrin:

Saints-Crusaders
28th September 2011, 17:21
We'll sell a few when we announce the Sam Burgess signing.

I'll have what you've been drinking ;)

Saints-Crusaders
28th September 2011, 17:23
Top pics S.C.
Next time get one of the workys to stand next to the turnstyle for some perspective:biggrin:

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff374/Cliff1967/Saints/saints%20stadium%203/saints%20stadium%2027/11718fa4.jpg

You mean like this one ?????

Dynamite Don Brennan
28th September 2011, 17:24
http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff374/Cliff1967/Saints/saints%20stadium%203/saints%20stadium%2027/11718fa4.jpg

You mean like this one ?????

Bloody hell your quick,can you play on the wing.

Saints-Crusaders
28th September 2011, 17:26
Bloody hell your quick,can you play on the wing.

I'd just finished uploading the pics, that's why I was able to respond quickly.....as for playing on the wing, I have trouble running a bath, let alone running on a rugby pitch ;)

shabbashaz
28th September 2011, 17:28
Don't call me that because I'm not.

I haven't given you abuse, but your monotonous posts are getting slightly boring and are only the act of a WUM. Why not try and be a bit more positive about having a new home and getting in the ground before you start slating it, that's all.

Everyone has a right to an opinion, whether it's a good or bad, that's what makes any forum, but when it's been discussed to death already, then it's time to knock it on the head. You are happy to slate other threads saying they are embarrassing, when in fact there has been a reasonable discussion going on, so there are gonna be people who get fed up with the same posts, constantly repeated, by one person.

I enjoy looking at this thread for pics of how the stadium is coming on, as I don't have the advantage of seeing it everyday, I also like to read insights from others, but not repetiveness slating the developments.

Armourer
28th September 2011, 19:28
Totally agree, I also live and work abroad so I look forward to seeing the Excellent pics that are being displayed on here thank you. The constant bleating about the unmentionables is tiresome.

Dynamite Don Brennan
28th September 2011, 19:38
Take a look at these puppies
http://www.saintsrlfc.com/news/page/1274

Reacher
28th September 2011, 19:48
It looks absolutely magnificent. Its solely ours and makes me unbelievably proud to say it's our ground.

Armourer
28th September 2011, 19:59
Yep cant wait to have a look at it when I get home end of Dec I just wish there was some test game on so I could go and experience it as I wont be back again till Easter time you lucky people.

daves
28th September 2011, 20:02

The last aerial shot is fabulous.Although I'll always miss KR and no stadium,no matter how grand,will ever replace the old girl in my heart,we finally have a stadium befitting of our great club.

paulscnthorpe
28th September 2011, 20:33

Notice that the north stand centre block is now clad also

RedVee Admin
28th September 2011, 20:42
That'll be where the lift is?

Just looking at the close up of the seating, seems to me that the seat pitch is very generous.

paulscnthorpe
28th September 2011, 20:53
seat pitch

??

SaintPeter
28th September 2011, 21:36
Looking from the air you can see how big that pay and display will be.

Saints Media Manager
28th September 2011, 21:42

How did you get this link mate? It's not due to be live until tomorrow and you can't see it on the site without using this link.

I'll make it live now however, but if there's a security issue I need to know.

RedVee Admin
28th September 2011, 21:45
??

Seat pitch = the distance from the arse of one seat to the arse of the seat in front.

Big seat pitch = plenty of leg room.

paulscnthorpe
28th September 2011, 21:47
Seat pitch = the distance from the arse of one seat to the arse of the seat in front.

You mean leg room cocker, seat pitch, who does de think de is

Dynamite Don Brennan
28th September 2011, 22:04
How did you get this link mate? It's not due to be live until tomorrow and you can't see it on the site without using this link.

I'll make it live now however, but if there's a security issue I need to know.

No names no packdrill
I got It off rlfans,chairmaker had posted It,straight link to the saints site!
I wondered why It had tomorrows date on It.

saintjames
28th September 2011, 22:06

I think it is hard to tell without anyone sitting there.

The legroom at Wigan is a little too tight but is this any better? Any chance of a pic with perspective someone?!

Div
28th September 2011, 22:07
Agree the final picture looks magnificent. Seats do look to have plenty of legroom too, not that its an issue for me in the West !

Saint Ged
28th September 2011, 22:43
What an absolutely super duper Rugby League Stadium we have got at StHelens now is the time for Saints to put the biggest advertising push they have ever thought possible and then some .Every newspaper every poster every magazine about anything local or further needs to be having pictures and comments about this Stadium so that anyone who had any doubts can stop now.People who have thought they had an excuse to not go wathing the Saints should be made to see and appreciate what StHelens have got the finest rugby league stadium in the country, tell them to get there tickets before they all go. I have got mine.

Windle Lad
28th September 2011, 23:15
Thoroughly agree. Sell, sell, sell those season tickets! Great pics again - steps will look really good with the handrails on etc. Nice views inside the east stand - tons of room in that concourse - hopefully encourage lots of away fans in. Any plans to have TVs in the concourses - anybody know?

SaintJ
28th September 2011, 23:20
I'd say that you're 100% not looking in the right place - they've been working on the foundations for months!

To say behind KFC is a bit misleading tho, it's further back than that, the other side of the railway line from KFC, by the Ravenhead Retail Park (B&Q) roundabout. It appears to lead from The World Of Glass to the Tesco side of the New Stadium, if I were you I'd have a wander down the side of the Hotties from the Chalon Way car park, that's more looking in the right place than behind KFC or Matalan. Or drive from KFC to B&Q - you'll not miss it then!

SaintJ
28th September 2011, 23:21
Thanks for that. Will take a wander down there.

Gruntfuttock
29th September 2011, 08:46
Go to the World of Glass and then go under the railway bridge to go to the St Helens Chamber of Commerce greenhouse and THAT is the path you will use to get to the bridge and stadium

foozler
29th September 2011, 09:04
well firstly when your sat or stood where you will be watching from, and the screen and scorebored are init will efectivly be a bowl,it will be the continuous roof that holds in the noise not the outer cladding.
The atmosphere of a fortress will come from howmany show up every week!
An open field can be intimidating when 100% of the fans are behind the team100% ask any amature player,theres allways places they hate going.
The thing is getting everyone one on the same page! The plans never showed the stadium was going to be clad but the
3d model did........so what!
The thing is we have a truely great NEW stadium in a world climate that might have seen us go under,be gratefull for what we have. for all those moaners and doubters who love nothing more than to whinge, go down to the stadium this evening before it go's dark stand right therir and look, take it in, take the time to really really look why stood right their
its friggin amaizing, its a daunting image for away fans, its truely spectacular and for all those who are moaning............stay away if you dont like it! no one puts a shotgun to your heads but the club will do good at this stadium with or without you. i bet other team fans come one here and laugh at just how negative someone can be

Bang on there SD.

People are always going to have an opinion about the stadium and there are bound to be some things that don't please.

BUT, unless any of us on here happen to have got a major infrastructure project up and running and almost to completion in the period since the western world went into financial meltdown in 2008, I would argue none of us have a reason to continually moan and should give the club a break.

Be thankful that the club has a senior management board with the skill and know how to get this long overdue stadium built in the toughest economic climate since the 1930's. The stadium looks amazing at the moment and regardless of whether it is 100% finished or not when it opens for business, it will undoubtedly be the best in SL and probably English rugby of either code.

Of course, if after a few matches it becomes clear that it was a botched job done on the cheap, by all means moan away but a more positive air on here would be a good thing.

scousedave
29th September 2011, 09:20
WELL WTF CAN I SAY! after those pics from (cough cough saints) if you can come on here and moan about anything you really are a bellend!(should i start my ban now?)

scousedave
29th September 2011, 09:21
Hey saints midea manager, when we going to see it all lit up in the dark?

itwillalwaysbewithme
29th September 2011, 09:26
Wowser! :)

Dom McCormack
29th September 2011, 09:55
Its looking superb, can't wait for next year under lights!

fishy3005
29th September 2011, 10:12
we have been trying to sort a new stadium since way back when hanley coached us but it always fell through. a couple of seasons ago if someone mentioned the new ground i responded with a "i will believe it when i see it". and here it is!! massive kudos must go out to the hard working people who have made this happen. i imagine they have had to work their knackers off to get this project off the ground. well done to all. can't wait to get in!!! COYS!!!

shabbashaz
29th September 2011, 15:57
we have been trying to sort a new stadium since way back when hanley coached us but it always fell through. a couple of seasons ago if someone mentioned the new ground i responded with a "i will believe it when i see it". and here it is!! massive kudos must go out to the hard working people who have made this happen. i imagine they have had to work their knackers off to get this project off the ground. well done to all. can't wait to get in!!! COYS!!!

I remember it being announced when I was living up there, and even before I moved back down south, the talk was still going on. I was a bit miffed as the new ground would have been a 10/15 minute walk from where I used to live.

Those pics are awesome, good to see some room between the seats, I hate it when I have to get up to go to the loo (weak bladder/too much cider combination) and have to disturb people to get out.

As others have said will we get a pic of it lit up soon?

Wizards Sleeve
29th September 2011, 18:40
Drove past the place when I was over for the weekend last week. Drove down PX Lane. Turned round and drove past almost every angle I could get. The place looks amazing. I felt so proud I was close to tears. After watching The Saints at KR for nearly 40 years, to say we can have a stadium that looks so fantastic as our new home is awesome. Well done all the team at Saints that have got us to this point in our history. Just need the team to carry on the great work in the future and everything will be oh so rosy.

kennythesaint
29th September 2011, 20:27
Im not too sure but i think the flood lights where on before

Windle Lad
29th September 2011, 21:50
Notice North stand Allocated has disappeared off the website again - wonder if they have sold out this time. Seems to have been a bit of a run on tickets over last few days looking at the South

wardies love child
29th September 2011, 21:59
Im not too sure but i think the flood lights where on before

Were not on at 2045 when I was snooping about

kennythesaint
29th September 2011, 22:14
Were not on at 2045 when I was snooping about

No it was about 19.30 i think. Am not sure as i was going past mcdonalds and seen it but i went down with my dog 15 minutes later and they wasnt on so lets hope we havnt missed it

doghead
29th September 2011, 22:26
No it was about 19.30 i think. Am not sure as i was going past mcdonalds and seen it but i went down with my dog 15 minutes later and they wasnt on so lets hope we havnt missed it

left about half six, missed um.

SaintJ
29th September 2011, 23:25
:wink:
Go to the World of Glass and then go under the railway bridge to go to the St Helens Chamber of Commerce greenhouse and THAT is the path you will use to get to the bridge and stadium
Thanks for that. Will do.

SaintJ
29th September 2011, 23:31

SaintJ
29th September 2011, 23:34

Sorry,seem to have gone a bit mad!

Gruntfuttock
30th September 2011, 06:29
lol no problem you will recognise the place I took the pictures from

hookman2007
30th September 2011, 10:45
Back in St Helens for a few days visiting family. Went for a walk up to the new stadium yesterday and seen it in the flesh for the first time. All I can say is WOW!!! The photos dont do it justice! I dont think it was just becouse the weather was great!
We walked up Peesly Cross rd (?). Had a look at steps and that end of the stadium. Decided to walk around to see the otherside. Not sure if we missed a turning but ended up walking a hell of a long way round!
I wish I still lived within a drive of the Stadium as I would be in line for season tickets for myself and the family. Unfortunatly as per the last several years I we will be lucky to make it to a handfull of games next season.

Delboy
30th September 2011, 10:54
Not sure if this has been mentioned but am I right in thinking it's Wilkin's testimonial next year? Wouldn't it be great if they had a Legends versus match as one of the first games then the likes of KC, Joynt and Long etc can step out in the new stadium! That would be quite emotional!

RedVee Admin
30th September 2011, 11:40
You are correct, 2012 is Wilkin's Testimonial year.

Agent Mulder
30th September 2011, 12:36
Not sure if this has been mentioned but am I right in thinking it's Wilkin's testimonial next year? Wouldn't it be great if they had a Legends versus match as one of the first games then the likes of KC, Joynt and Long etc can step out in the new stadium! That would be quite emotional!

We could also wind up Ade's testimonial year as well. (Right that's two matches sorted then before the season starts. lol )

Sean Day
30th September 2011, 12:44
Would it not be worth the club putting some sort of open day on early 2012? I know the weather wouldn't allow for a great deal but some sort of open training session could pull a significant number of fans in to have a nosey round and maybe we would sell a few more season tickets, even better would be getting the new shop open for it. Invite sky sports news and the regional broadcasters etc. It would also allow the club to test out some of the stewarding arrangements and with more fans knowing their way in and around the stadium could make things go a little smoother in the early games

Ell Saint Blues
30th September 2011, 12:52
There will be stadium tours in December for Season Ticket holders, the shop is opening in mid November at the Stadium and the current town centre shop will close on Christmas Eve.

ThorntonSaint
30th September 2011, 13:06
Ski mentioned on RLFANS about the gift from St George, what is it?

Salopsaint
30th September 2011, 13:09
Its a flag with a big red vee & home sweet home on it

saintjames
30th September 2011, 13:25
Would it not be worth the club putting some sort of open day on early 2012? I know the weather wouldn't allow for a great deal but some sort of open training session could pull a significant number of fans in to have a nosey round and maybe we would sell a few more season tickets, even better would be getting the new shop open for it. Invite sky sports news and the regional broadcasters etc. It would also allow the club to test out some of the stewarding arrangements and with more fans knowing their way in and around the stadium could make things go a little smoother in the early games

All in hand and planning advanced.

Gruntfuttock
30th September 2011, 13:25
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4148/4981660541_f7fa27be92.jpg

This , Fantastic isnt it?

ThorntonSaint
30th September 2011, 13:30
Awesome any pics?

*I see you already put one on* :)

Gruntfuttock
30th September 2011, 15:00
:):):)

hookman2007
30th September 2011, 16:23
There will be stadium tours in December for Season Ticket holders, the shop is opening in mid November at the Stadium and the current town centre shop will close on Christmas Eve. What about non season ticket holders? I am just a big a Saints fan as anyone on here, but unfortunatly due to working in other countries Its just not viable to buy a season ticket. I wish I could but will be lucky to go to a handfull of games next season. I still wouldnt mind seeing inside the stadium though!

Saints-Crusaders
30th September 2011, 16:38
What about non season ticket holders? I am just a big a Saints fan as anyone on here, but unfortunatly due to working in other countries Its just not viable to buy a season ticket. I wish I could but will be lucky to go to a handfull of games next season. I still wouldnt mind seeing inside the stadium though!

On the Saints website, the Webmaster (Saints Media Manager) said there were plans to do something in January for non season ticket holders

hookman2007
30th September 2011, 17:13
On the Saints website, the Webmaster (Saints Media Manager) said there were plans to do something in January for non season ticket holders Cheers! I know my Dad is in same situation. He is a big fan but due to other comitments may only get to half the home games next season.

Saints-Crusaders
30th September 2011, 19:46
Pics from today

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff374/Cliff1967/Saints/saints%20stadium%203/saints%20stadium%2028/5d117bfd.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff374/Cliff1967/Saints/saints%20stadium%203/saints%20stadium%2028/ab834186.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff374/Cliff1967/Saints/saints%20stadium%203/saints%20stadium%2028/ab07fad4.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff374/Cliff1967/Saints/saints%20stadium%203/saints%20stadium%2028/a8c80d72.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff374/Cliff1967/Saints/saints%20stadium%203/saints%20stadium%2028/dced0916.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff374/Cliff1967/Saints/saints%20stadium%203/saints%20stadium%2028/3ad6c548.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff374/Cliff1967/Saints/saints%20stadium%203/saints%20stadium%2028/d513a914.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff374/Cliff1967/Saints/saints%20stadium%203/saints%20stadium%2028/60390f34.jpg

Saints-Crusaders
30th September 2011, 19:52
And from where the new bridge is going

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff374/Cliff1967/Saints/saints%20stadium%203/saints%20stadium%2028/d60e021a.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff374/Cliff1967/Saints/saints%20stadium%203/saints%20stadium%2028/45c6581a.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff374/Cliff1967/Saints/saints%20stadium%203/saints%20stadium%2028/9cff6d61.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff374/Cliff1967/Saints/saints%20stadium%203/saints%20stadium%2028/dd6dc1f8.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff374/Cliff1967/Saints/saints%20stadium%203/saints%20stadium%2028/76861c70.jpg

Windle Lad
30th September 2011, 23:08
Brilliant pics again - cheers. Liking the polished steel in front of the boxes, very classy. Allthough they are just steps up off px lane, they also add some class. Stadium has a real feel to it - and that's before you get inside - cant wait for match days.

Village Saint
1st October 2011, 15:01
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4148/4981660541_f7fa27be92.jpg

This , Fantastic isnt it?

That's brilliant, what's the story behind this present then?
Have they had it made for us or are we having one made in the same style?
I didn't know we had these great links between our Aussie redvee-ers and us :D

Saints-Crusaders
1st October 2011, 15:32
That's brilliant, what's the story behind this present then?
Have they had it made for us or are we having one made in the same style?
I didn't know we had these great links between our Aussie redvee-ers and us :D

From what I gather, it's a flag the St George fans have used for a while and as a few fans came over for the WCC against Wigan, they linked up with one or two off here. So as a gesture from them, they're sending us that flag for our new stadium and in return, Spider Ski is sending them an identical copy of one of our flags

Village Saint
1st October 2011, 15:59
From what I gather, it's a flag the St George fans have used for a while and as a few fans came over for the WCC against Wigan, they linked up with one or two off here. So as a gesture from them, they're sending us that flag for our new stadium and in return, Spider Ski is sending them an identical copy of one of our flags

Love it, that's awesome!
Glad to hear we have a good relationship with St George fans!

Saint Ged
1st October 2011, 22:55
I do not want to start anything new so i would hope that someone with a bit of clout reads this, PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,Saints do not allow any drums into our new stadium,

E Saint
1st October 2011, 23:09
I do not want to start anything new so i would hope that someone with a bit of clout reads this, PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,Saints do not allow any drums into our new stadium,

Don't worry, they are apparently banned. Its been discussed many times before on here.

Gruntfuttock
2nd October 2011, 09:05
Some pictures from Sat Morning,

The seats all appear to be in on the South Stand

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i340/neilevans57/southstand.jpg

Outside is looking swish

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i340/neilevans57/southstand2.jpg

The Famous steps up to the East Car Park

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i340/neilevans57/dasteps.jpg

The mysterious "pay and display car park" opposite the South Stand

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i340/neilevans57/possiblecarpark.jpg

As I was taking the pictures I thought , "whats that"

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i340/neilevans57/good1.jpg

The Goodyear Blimp again

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i340/neilevans57/good2.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i340/neilevans57/good3.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i340/neilevans57/good4.jpg

ts been around all week, anyone know why?

Two Wheeled Saint
2nd October 2011, 09:08
Stadium sponsor?

Northampton_Saint
2nd October 2011, 09:13
Stadium sponsor?

I hope so - it would be great to have a Good Year every season...

Lex
2nd October 2011, 09:30
I hope so - it would be great to have a Good Year every season...

Yeah, but would'nt that mean we could "tyre" easily or play too many flat balls ? (sorry)

Northampton_Saint
2nd October 2011, 09:33
Yeah, but would'nt that mean we could "tyre" easily or play too many flat balls ? (sorry)

We'll be fine - the state of the economy and inflation in particular are of more concern...

Lex
2nd October 2011, 09:41
We'll be fine - the state of the economy and inflation in particular are of more concern...

Oh come on, get a grip mate.

wardies love child
2nd October 2011, 09:47
Oh come on, get a grip mate.

No milage in these posts whatsoever but going slightly OT did you get a blimp at the sea eagles cheer leaders.

Lex
2nd October 2011, 09:51
No milage in these posts whatsoever but going slightly OT did you get a blimp at the sea eagles cheer leaders.

Yes I did, and they should be motivation for the lads to win next week, and then Manly could bring them over with them for the WCC.

doghead
3rd October 2011, 12:41
bit of movement round the gas holder in Jackson Street this morning, wagons going in and keep out demolition signs on the gate.

Shakespeare
3rd October 2011, 12:49
Did we get an answer on the Stadiums cladding?

I know there was a gap going at the top of the South stand due to wind, but where else?

Ell Saint Blues
3rd October 2011, 12:54
BBC Coverage yesterday, available at BBC iPlayer

forward ref
3rd October 2011, 13:00
Did we get an answer on the Stadiums cladding?

I know there was a gap going at the top of the South stand due to wind, but where else?

Are you takin' the ****?

Wirral Saint
3rd October 2011, 13:02
Had a peek yesterday on my way to Warrington for the Championship finals' day. What an awesome sight the new stadium is. Can't wait to get in there.

OsborneSaint
3rd October 2011, 13:49
BBC Coverage yesterday

Good effort matey, it's on the iplayer now:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b015j5x0/Rugby_League_Super_League_PlayOffs_Highlights_2011 _02_10_2011/

HoofeHearted
3rd October 2011, 14:55
The Good Year Blimp is touring around the country.
http://www.goodyearblimp.co.uk/category/news/

Alf's memory
3rd October 2011, 21:20
bit of movement round the gas holder in Jackson Street this morning, wagons going in and keep out demolition signs on the gate.

sadly....the gasometer is only coming down in April!

Saint Pete !
4th October 2011, 09:26
Scoreboard getting fitted today !

Sausalito
4th October 2011, 10:29

On the gasometer???? lol

Village Saint
4th October 2011, 15:49

Sweet, pictures would be very much appreciated if anyone is in the area!! ;)

forward ref
4th October 2011, 16:02
sorry, delete

Saints-Crusaders
4th October 2011, 16:04
Sweet, pictures would be very much appreciated if anyone is in the area!! ;)

Very little had been done when I was there earlier

Buddy
4th October 2011, 16:18
Whats going up on the edge of the link road?

Saints-Crusaders
4th October 2011, 16:21
Whats going up on the edge of the link road?

Whereabouts ??

Gruntfuttock
4th October 2011, 16:29
If you mean by the entrance to Tesco`s thats the petrol station, otherwise no idea

Saints-Crusaders
4th October 2011, 17:39
They've been testing the public address system in the last hour and they've been marking the pitch too...although they only look faint from the view I had. Probably look better from a higher viewpoint

Saints-Crusaders
4th October 2011, 18:22
A few pics from today

Looks like part of the floodlights were being tested

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff374/Cliff1967/Saints/saints%20stadium%203/saints%20stadium%2029/089fb959.jpg

Part of the scoreboard

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff374/Cliff1967/Saints/saints%20stadium%203/saints%20stadium%2029/92236cc3.jpg

Pitch markings

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff374/Cliff1967/Saints/saints%20stadium%203/saints%20stadium%2029/f75ecf82.jpg

Wall at entrance to stadium road

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff374/Cliff1967/Saints/saints%20stadium%203/saints%20stadium%2029/93d3f873.jpg

doghead
4th October 2011, 18:29
how have I missed you SC, was there when they were testing the tannoy, not a great deal of sound came out of the stadium for mine, could be very atmospheric on match day.

wardies love child
4th October 2011, 18:38
Be interesting to see what sign goes onto the fancy brick wall.

Saints-Crusaders
4th October 2011, 18:57
how have I missed you SC, was there when they were testing the tannoy, not a great deal of sound came out of the stadium for mine, could be very atmospheric on match day.

Was there 3 times today, those pics were taken at 5pm when the tannoy was being tested. I could hear it easily enough from across the road

Village Saint
4th October 2011, 20:33
Does anybody know if we are having a scoreboard such as Wire and Wigan or a Media Wall such as Hudds and Leeds?
The latter would be really nice but I can't see it happening!!

ps. Great pics, cheers SC!!

Windle Lad
4th October 2011, 23:38
Didn't think they would mark the pitch out yet - maybe it is to site the posts?? Or maybe they are going to have a pre cup final run-around!

RedVee Admin
4th October 2011, 23:39
Does anybody know if we are having a scoreboard such as Wire and Wigan or a Media Wall such as Hudds and Leeds?
The latter would be really nice but I can't see it happening!!

Ever been to Leigh and seen their scoreboard? I think that's what we're getting. The best way to describe it, is it's a not quite as big, big screen.

Or, a scoreboard like the new one at Headingley (not the big screen, the actual scoreboard) which is a high res version of what they have at Wiggin and Wolfs.

http://www.therhinos.co.uk/images/news/scoreboard_castleford_2011.jpg

Buddy
5th October 2011, 08:15
If you mean by the entrance to Tesco`s thats the petrol station, otherwise no idea

Thats the one

RedVee Admin
5th October 2011, 09:36
Stadium Aficionados:

Keep watching this thread - with the emphasis on WATCHING...

At lunchtime, you may have a cheesy grin, rather than a cheesy butty.

Village Saint
5th October 2011, 09:50
Stadium Aficionados:

You sly dog, now I can't do anything with my day untill I get to see this surprise!!

FearTheVee
5th October 2011, 09:56
Stadium Aficionados:

Love it :)

ThorntonSaint
5th October 2011, 09:58
Tell me now!!

What time do you have your lunch 12?

Saddened!
5th October 2011, 10:00
Eh?

saintjames
5th October 2011, 10:30
This lunch time will be something to remember. Absolutely incredible!

Saddened!
5th October 2011, 10:48
This lunch time will be something to remember. Absolutely incredible!

Are you taking ze wee wee?

RedVee Admin
5th October 2011, 11:06
Yeah, slight over-reaction and a tad too much hype... Don't want this to be a Mick Potter lunchtime... ;)

saintjames
5th October 2011, 11:07
Just building up the anticipation, its unusual for RedVee admin to release such a statement!

Village Saint
5th October 2011, 11:34
Yeah, slight over-reaction and a tad too much hype... Don't want this to be a Mick Potter lunchtime... ;)

Is it that we are getting a iStadium-S with improved bars and toilets apps and with faster processing staff, and we will have to wait until next year to get an iStadium5 which is basically just a cosmetic upgrade on the iStadium-S....but it's still better than our old Nokia KR!!

RedVee Admin
5th October 2011, 12:10
New Stadium Fact:

there are more cubicles in ONE block of ladies toilets in the West Stand, than there were in the WHOLE of Knowsley Road (RIP).

That's not the big thing, by the way, the big thing is coming very soon... ;)

scousedave
5th October 2011, 12:11
well!!!!!!!!! its lunch time

Gruntfuttock
5th October 2011, 12:40
YES come on give!!! whats the thing we have to WATCH ! , hey I know its the naming rights, maybe the ROLEX stadium? , Tissot halo? , Timex Arena?, or Sekonda bowl!

forward ref
5th October 2011, 12:42
All Season Ticket holders are being issued with their own personal cladding to strap to their backs before entering the ground...
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqTUfujDrHnb-nHiB1Al1kD9SqeOM_iU4BXNzyjZIEhC5ZCU7s3mc-KjK2bA

saintjames
5th October 2011, 12:45
Sony Stadium? Could provide all the flat screens.

Two Wheeled Saint
5th October 2011, 12:45
Lol

Saddened!
5th October 2011, 12:51
I had a meat & potato pi..... rounded deep pasty for my lunch, with a salad bowl and a diet coke. What about everyone else?

This is getting into afternoon snack territory now, well past lunch.

Div
5th October 2011, 12:55
New Sponsor :
http://www.poundland.co.uk/images/61/original/winalot-chicken.jpg

ThorntonSaint
5th October 2011, 12:57
OMG tell us!

RedVee Admin
5th October 2011, 13:10
This is just a taster:

http://www.redvee.net/RedVee.flv

newport dave
5th October 2011, 13:14
This is just a taster:

Is that it, I thought it was going to be something exciting.......

Chop
5th October 2011, 13:14
Thats noit fair....get yer butt in gear my scoff break is nearly done

Gruntfuttock
5th October 2011, 13:15
WHAT!!!

come on mr admin whats the surprise we have seen those seats before, is it the scoreboard???

yes and ive just finished my dinner so GIVE!!

itwillalwaysbewithme
5th October 2011, 13:15
Excellent stuff. :)

Saddened!
5th October 2011, 13:17
A video walkround instead of pictures? Cool. I was expecting something more than that but it's better than nothing I suppose.

RedVee Admin
5th October 2011, 13:23
come on mr admin whats the surprise we have seen those seats before, is it the scoreboard???

A video walkround instead of pictures? Cool. I was expecting something more than that but it's better than nothing I suppose.

There's no pleasing some people...

There's more to follow :D

Gruntfuttock
5th October 2011, 13:26
Dont want to seem ungrateful mate but thats the same clip isnt it?

scousedave
5th October 2011, 13:31
Bla bla bla get on with it im waiting to go out!!!!!!

ThorntonSaint
5th October 2011, 13:33
Snore zzz

RedVee Admin
5th October 2011, 13:34
Dont want to seem ungrateful mate but thats the same clip isnt it?
It is, the thread has turned a page so I re-posted.

As I said, that is just the taster, I'm busy working on the main course so will post in due course.

yeah, turns out it was a bit of a Mick Potter moment... ;)

Gruntfuttock
5th October 2011, 13:40
np mate but you seem to have started a bit of a feeding frenzy on here , I see the mob gathering with pitchforks and burning torches :)

RedVee Admin
5th October 2011, 13:46
np mate but you seem to have started a bit of a feeding frenzy on here , I see the mob gathering with pitchforks and burning torches :)

It's ok, I have a spare sacrificial virgin in the shed...

Gruntfuttock
5th October 2011, 13:53
B)b)

Geoggy
5th October 2011, 13:59
Reading this weird stuff in iPhone - what am I looking for ? A link or summat?

phil265
5th October 2011, 14:04
Do we own the new ground outright? I assumed we did, but Im confused how St Helens Town FC can afford to rent it off us as they only get a handul of fans at their games.

superdom
5th October 2011, 14:09
Redvee.net is not sponsoring the stadium is it?

Saddened!
5th October 2011, 14:13
Redvee.net admin must get a very long lunch break.

RedVee Admin
5th October 2011, 14:24
Do we own the new ground outright? I assumed we did, but Im confused how St Helens Town FC can afford to rent it off us as they only get a handul of fans at their games.

Saints do own it outright. I believe that Langtree own the land upon which it stands so it's not freehold but it is our building.

*AS I PERCEIVE THINGS* Town were "bought" by Sporting Club St Helens in 1999 or summit. Subsequently, Sporting Club St Helens disbanded and to cut a very long convoluted story short, as part of the deal that saw Houghton Road sold, Saints are obliged to provide a suitable playing facility for St Helens Town, whether that be at KR (RIP) as it was or at the New Stadium. But... if Cowley were up to North West Counties Football League standard, Saints could provide that facility for them. That's my take on events anyways. The only thing that I do know is that Town didn't pay "rent" at KR (RIP) but paid match day stadium expenses - so for example a Saturday afternoon game cost less than a Tuesday evening game, as the floodlights weren't used.

Redvee.net is not sponsoring the stadium is it?

Yes. Say nowt tho, I ain't told ya.

Reading this weird stuff in iPhone - what am I looking for ? A link or summat?

a FLASH video - you'll never see it with iOS - sorry.

RedVee Admin
5th October 2011, 14:26
Redvee.net admin must get a very long lunch break.

All day lunch cocker, but I'm due to be forklifted out of the house on Saturday and craned into Old Trafford...

phil265
5th October 2011, 14:38
Thanks for that, I hope we can get them playing at Cowley, because the new stadium is wasted on them. It would be a shame if they got to play a match at the new stadium before we did.

Agent Mulder
5th October 2011, 14:41
Where have the footie team been playing their games this year while we have been at Widnes. I would presume they would play out their season there and then go to the new stadium next season.

Saddened!
5th October 2011, 15:03
Thanks for that, I hope we can get them playing at Cowley, because the new stadium is wasted on them. It would be a shame if they got to play a match at the new stadium before we did.

Maybe not, maybe they can use the football team to tick some boxes with the HSE? I'm sure they would get a few thousand curious Saints fans to add to the 57 of their own.

RedVee Admin
5th October 2011, 15:09
Where have the footie team been playing their games this year while we have been at Widnes. I would presume they would play out their season there and then go to the new stadium next season.

Maybe not, maybe they can use the football team to tick some boxes with the HSE? I'm sure they would get a few thousand curious Saints fans to add to the 57 of their own.

They've been playing at Ashton Town (I think) in Ashton In Makerfield. 57 fans? 37 of which were away fans?

rally
5th October 2011, 15:38
You would have thought by now they would have a walk through video like salford have done. :P

Saint Pete !
5th October 2011, 18:45
Post go up tomoz ! I'm at the ground sat morning and will take my camera !

Samba
5th October 2011, 19:36
Stadium Aficionados:

Would that be one lunchtime next week then?:?

Dynamite Don Brennan
5th October 2011, 20:33
Post go up tomoz ! I'm at the ground sat morning and will take my camera !

Take loads muka.
North stand especially:)

RedVee Admin
5th October 2011, 20:38
Would that be one lunchtime next week then?:?

Like I said, no pleasing some people. I couldn't get my embedded FLV player to work and YouTube thinks that I'm 8 years old for some reason, so I got a taster up online and will post more once I get my tech problems sorted.

AL-REEEET???

Saddened!
5th October 2011, 20:40
Teaser...

Well, where is it? I hope Gruntfuttock's ungrateful attitude didn't hurt your feelings and stop you posting it.

Gruntfuttock
5th October 2011, 20:58
oy I heard that saddened !!

and technical problems are unavoidable redvee admin, not a problem ill tell the mob to go home ():)

RedVee Admin
5th October 2011, 22:49
And what am I meant to do with this sacrificial virgin?

Sausalito
5th October 2011, 23:24
And what am I meant to do with this sacrificial virgin?

Throw her to the wolves lol

RedVee Admin
6th October 2011, 00:39
Pah, they'd only knock on.

Gruntfuttock
6th October 2011, 07:34
if I have to tell you what to do with her then I dont know WHAT the world is coming to!!():)

doghead
6th October 2011, 09:47
got told last night, Tesco are to have have a number plate recognition camera system, over two hours stay on their car park, fine in the post.
The council have recieve plans for cladding on 3 elevations, checks will be made to see if this is viable.

SaintPeter
6th October 2011, 10:07
The council have recieve plans for cladding on 3 elevations, checks will be made to see if this is viable.

ANd here it is
http://llpgport.oltps.sthelens.gov.uk:8080/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=86039

Sadfish
6th October 2011, 10:12
Now that looks the feckin dogs

http://llpgport.oltps.sthelens.gov.uk:8080/portal/servlets/AttachmentShowServlet?ImageName=185251

ThorntonSaint
6th October 2011, 10:13
Hope this is satisfactory for all those cladding nuts out there. Just hope it doesn't open cladgate again.

SaintPeter
6th October 2011, 10:14
The proposed plans for cladding look really good

Gruntfuttock
6th October 2011, 10:27
I cant access that page from work any chance of a picture?

superdom
6th October 2011, 10:34
The proposed plans for cladding look really good

The plans should get shoved through the system really quickly won't they?
It's not a big change to the originals so should just need a signature to get the cladding rolling!!

SaintPeter
6th October 2011, 10:34
I cant access that page from work any chance of a picture?
Enjoy
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb279/electrogen/2-2.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb279/electrogen/1-3.jpg

Rudders
6th October 2011, 10:39
http://i51.tinypic.com/jz7lv8.jpg

According to the small print both the light and dark grey are "50% perforated cladding"

doghead
6th October 2011, 10:39
the cherry on the cake, brilliant, I may have been one of the first to moan about the cladding if not the first, but the new plans will bring the stadium to the picture we all had in our minds eye.

Shaft
6th October 2011, 10:42
According to the small print both the light and dark grey are "50% perforated cladding"

Must still be a concern about wind resistance.

Looks absolutely amazing!

SaintPeter
6th October 2011, 10:44

thats for airflow and to make it lighter you wont see the holes unless you are really close.

wardies love child
6th October 2011, 10:47

Looks absolutely amazing!

Removes the requirement of the big ventiation gap at the top of most other stadiums. More pleasing to the eye if there are no gaps. Quality it looks. Great news

Village Saint
6th October 2011, 11:10
Those plans looks awesome, so long as they are approved soon it can be built pretty quickly if the way our new stadium has been whipped up is anything to go by!

Dynamite Don Brennan
6th October 2011, 11:18
Brilliant!!

Gruntfuttock
6th October 2011, 11:42
Very Classy !!

Saddened!
6th October 2011, 11:44
Can St Peter doghead, rudders and shaft all be banned now as their posts contain contraband building terminology.

doghead
6th October 2011, 11:49
Hope this is satisfactory for all those cladding nuts out there. Just hope it doesn't open cladgate again.

think it has firmly shut the gate.

RedVee Admin
6th October 2011, 12:04
Can St Peter doghead, rudders and shaft all be banned now as their posts contain contraband building terminology.

It has been noted. ;)

phil265
6th October 2011, 12:08
Im confused why this wasnt planned in from the start? Why has the stadium not been built to spec by the current builders?

E Saint
6th October 2011, 12:09
Looks brilliant. Best Rugby facility in the country by far.

Saint Ged
6th October 2011, 12:13
As someone who has not moaned could i just say thanks to Saints for responding to the ones who have, in a way that should satisfy even the biggest moaners. When this lot goes on and everything is finished, there will be no doubt in even the biggest Saints detractors that St.Helens rugby league club is the finest rugby league Stadium in the countr.

Village Saint
6th October 2011, 12:23
Im confused why this wasnt planned in from the start? Why has the stadium not been built to spec by the current builders?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it was originally designed to be fully Cla**ed but further wind and stability analysis revealed that a revised design was in order to please H&S!

Dom McCormack
6th October 2011, 12:24
Quite magnificent and far better than anything I imagined.

St.Helens. The envy of british rugby.

alf wayliner
6th October 2011, 13:10
I for one am totally dissappointed with this latest update as it clearly wasn't what i was told would happen originally and this now, allied to the fact that we've managed to reach a grand final, gives me naff all to moan about! TYPICAL SAINTS!

Saddened!
6th October 2011, 13:23
I for one am totally dissappointed with this latest update as it clearly wasn't what i was told would happen originally and this now, allied to the fact that we've managed to reach a grand final, gives me naff all to moan about! TYPICAL SAINTS!

You'll have plenty to moan about by 8.30 on Saturday, don't worry about that. I've got a thread about recruitment and ambition on ice for when I get back from OT.

ThorntonSaint
6th October 2011, 13:24
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it was originally designed to be fully Cla**ed but further wind and stability analysis revealed that a revised design was in order to please H&S!

Aye, 'tis correct

Lygase
6th October 2011, 13:25
I thought it was not originally clad due to finances

LMAO... hopefully we can all moan about lack of foresight in not building a bigger trophy cabinet ;-)

doghead
6th October 2011, 13:34
As someone who has not moaned could i just say thanks to Saints for responding to the ones who have, in a way that should satisfy even the biggest moaners. When this lot goes on and everything is finished, there will be no doubt in even the biggest Saints detractors that St.Helens rugby league club is the finest rugby league Stadium in the countr.

well said.

Blobbynator
6th October 2011, 13:43
It looks fantastic and the gap won't really provide any problems. Does anyone have any idea on the likely timeframe for this? Great stuff and well timed too. Theres a definite feel good factor at Saints right now :)

doghead
6th October 2011, 13:45

the original plans had metal and wood fence, obviously not the intended finish, later updated to the 14ft high wall during the tendering procces, no doubt what we see today has always been planned by the club, the cost looks to have been the problem.

h-bomb
6th October 2011, 14:04
"50% perforated cladding"

According to the Design and Access Statement (http://llpgport.oltps.sthelens.gov.uk:8080/portal/servlets/AttachmentShowServlet?ImageName=185209)

"the structure has not been designed to take the loads resulting from full height
cladding the proposals are for a perforated system to allow air to pass through."

Which on first reading I thought meant that the existing steelwork would not support the mass of solid cladding. However, I now thnk that they mean that the structure would not be able to support solid cladding once wind forces are taken into account (ie a solid sheet of cladding would effectively act like a sail). Wind blowing from inside the stadium onto cladding would expose the steelwork to huge forces which, I guess, they have done the calculations and worked out would rip the stadium to pieces.

Hence, perforated aluminium cladding and larger gaps in the corners which will allow the majority of the wind pass through and yet also keep the majority of the wind and rain off the paying speccies.

Samba
6th October 2011, 14:05
Where's Phil Dunderpants??

roy litherland
6th October 2011, 14:48
As i think we have BOth said EOU after over 50 years supporting saints at KR , anything would be an improvement . But this !!!! never thought i would see it.

Dicko
6th October 2011, 15:17

Shit him self no doubt

hazzo21
6th October 2011, 16:03
You'll have plenty to moan about by 8.30 on Saturday, don't worry about that. I've got a thread about recruitment and ambition on ice for when I get back from OT.

Slightly off-topic (but I have just read the last 30 pages of Stadium Watch and I am slightly annoyed at all the idiotic posts) but I have no doubt that you have actually prepared something to this effect. You are one of the most annoying posters on here who continually moan at the state of the team and its chances of silverware and yet here we are 80 minutes away from a title.
If you have prepared something, or even have it in your head what you are going to say then why dont you do it now (on a more relevant thread). Its all very well moaning about something with the benefit of hindsight. The truth is you probably wont post it in advance as if we do win on Saturday it will make you look stupid.
Go on I dare you..........

Saddened!
6th October 2011, 16:54
Slightly off-topic (but I have just read the last 30 pages of Stadium Watch and I am slightly annoyed at all the idiotic posts) but I have no doubt that you have actually prepared something to this effect. You are one of the most annoying posters on here who continually moan at the state of the team and its chances of silverware and yet here we are 80 minutes away from a title.
If you have prepared something, or even have it in your head what you are going to say then why dont you do it now (on a more relevant thread). Its all very well moaning about something with the benefit of hindsight. The truth is you probably wont post it in advance as if we do win on Saturday it will make you look stupid.
Go on I dare you..........

It would be out of context at this moment and would not encourage the right discussion. Don't worry, everyone loves me really. You'll learn.

hazzo21
6th October 2011, 17:04
It would be out of context at this moment and would not encourage the right discussion. Don't worry, everyone loves me really. You'll learn.

I thought as much. What exactly does 'not encourage the right discussion' mean? I cant see the players reading too much of RedVee between now and the kick off if that is what you are worried about.
I would also be willing to take a bet on the latter not being true.
Send me a PM with your thoughts then and I promise not to share them until after the final whistle!!

Phil Dunderpants
6th October 2011, 17:25

Funnily enough I have to work.

Well done Saints. Its going to look spectacular now that problem has been sorted out.

doghead
6th October 2011, 17:50
the original plans had metal and wood fence, obviously not the intended finish, later updated to the 14ft high wall during the tendering procces, no doubt what we see today has always been planned by the club, the cost looks to have been the problem.

having read the Design and Access Statement, it looks like the new cladding as not been long in the plans.

Dicko
6th October 2011, 18:17
See the Fire Safety and Safety at Places of Sport Safety Certificate has been granted Item posted in Public Notice section in The Reporter.

Greg
6th October 2011, 18:52
There's an opportunity to comment on the application within that link so get in there and deluge the council with positive comments.

saintjames
6th October 2011, 19:50
There's an opportunity to comment on the application within that link so get in there and deluge the council with positive comments.

No need, the approval is a formality.

Saint Ged
6th October 2011, 22:07
Roy Litherland About 10years ago or more when they first started talking about this i said to my mate, i will believe it when i see some stancions going up, WoW i beive it.

roy litherland
6th October 2011, 23:22
So do i mate . A few years ago i picked the safety officer up from KR in my taxi . She told/showed me where the ground was being built she even explained what the capacity would be . The only thing that was questionable was would the ground be "all seater" , this i was led to believe that it would be because of the way stadiums were being built . However my info was wrong in that case . At that time i was "shot down in flames" because , quite righty the promises from saints had gone on for so long and fans/people were very sceptical at that time , and understandably so.There were very good reasons for this .However look at the result "magic". Been a saints supporter all my life , BUT i have never looked forward to a new season like i am for 2012 . Which in my opinion will set the foundations for our (in my case grandkids) kids , and well beyond that .Well done to all who wre involved , pass the place every day , looking fantastic see you there , have a nice Quite beer CANT WAIT .
Roy Litherland About 10years ago o started talking about this i said to my mate, i will believe it when i see some stancions going up, WoW i beive it.

Samba
7th October 2011, 00:08
Funnily enough I have to work.

Well done Saints. Its going to look spectacular now that problem has been sorted out.

Although I sarcastically asked 'where's Phil Dunderpants' I must say, I do actually agree with you that the stadium would be disappointing if not fully cladded (as we were led to believe)

FearTheVee
7th October 2011, 08:54
Plans look great, hopefully we have the cash to carry them out in the short term.

OsborneSaint
7th October 2011, 09:22
Have i missed something or was there a video on the way from redvee admin?????

Saint Ged
7th October 2011, 09:56
Will do Roy and hope to see you, I wish at times like this that my young grandson was,nt a football supporter i would love to have been able to get him into the idea of watching Saints because as we all know once Hooked it is for life.

RedVee Admin
7th October 2011, 09:57
Have i missed something or was there a video on the way from redvee admin?????

You ain't missed it, I've been busy. I hope to have it uploaded today.

Sadfish
7th October 2011, 10:09
You ain't missed it, I've been busy. I hope to have it uploaded today.

slacker. ;)

RedVee Admin
7th October 2011, 10:14
Excuse me for not having the same level of PHP coding as you do, cos I ain't a hippy living in a seaside commune listening to Jefferson Airship all day long like some... :p

I have upgraded the vB AND the Tapatalk tho, and YouTube has finally accepted that although RedVee may be 8 years old, I'm not!

Gruntfuttock
7th October 2011, 10:29
:awesome:Yay!!!

Greengrass
7th October 2011, 10:54
Excuse me for not having the same level of PHP coding as you do, cos I ain't a hippy living in a seaside commune listening to Jefferson Airship all day long like some... :p

I have upgraded the vB AND the Tapatalk tho, and YouTube has finally accepted that although RedVee may be 8 years old, I'm not!

Sea? Southport? I lived there all my life rarely saw the sea (except through that telescope at the end of the pier) that's why I moved into this old barn someone did up for me in the land of Compo Clegg and Foggy.

Sadfish
7th October 2011, 11:09
Sea? Southport? I lived there all my life rarely saw the sea (except through that telescope at the end of the pier) that's why I moved into this old barn someone did up for me in the land of Compo Clegg and Foggy.

Thats why they say locally, long time no sea.

EcclesMark
7th October 2011, 11:25
Reading the spec for the cladding in the Kalzip brochure- (a local company as identified on RLfans by he who must not be named)

One benefit of the Kalzip product is it's light permeable qualities- Light from behind the product when viewed from the other side gives a multitude of design options!

I know it isn't on the plans submitted to the council but if used around the top of the stadium gap/ roof would give possibilities of the ultimate 'HALO' effect.

Delboy
7th October 2011, 11:44
Reading the spec for the cladding in the Kalzip brochure- (a local company as identified on RLfans by he who must not be named)

One benefit of the Kalzip product is it's light permeable qualities- Light from behind the product when viewed from the other side gives a multitude of design options!

I know it isn't on the plans submitted to the council but if used around the top of the stadium gap/ roof would give possibilities of the ultimate 'HALO' effect.

It would be quite expensive to use Kalzip, it's one of the more expensive products available. I do alot of Consulting work for the Corus group, excellent quality!