PDA

View Full Version : Jaime Lyon Signing For Hull FC !

zerohero1266
24th September 2011, 19:49
Go take a look at the Hull FC forum on the RLFan site under the rumours topic.The poor deluded fools think our Jamie is about to sign for them !!!

wardies love child
24th September 2011, 20:34
Think they've been slapped about with a wet fish to many times. Anyhow we have Shenton now and we've moved on:)

brook
24th September 2011, 21:05
Isnt he under contract with Manly till the end of 2013 ?

parrsaint
24th September 2011, 22:05
Isnt he under contract with Manly till the end of 2013 ?

As far as I know yes he has another 2 seasons to go under contract at Manly by which time he will be 32.

wardies love child
24th September 2011, 22:18
As far as I know yes he has another 2 seasons to go under contract at Manly by which time he will be 32.

Just in time for Salford to snap him up.

Saddened!
24th September 2011, 22:34
It could well be true you know. Hull are looking to make a statement of intent and aren't short of cash or the willingness to pay off a fee for a marquee player.

brook
24th September 2011, 22:55
Given the much talked about increase in the Aus salary cap and his well publicised liking of the Manly beaches and the Aus lifestlye i doubt he will be back on these shores any time soon.

wabo
24th September 2011, 23:49
It could well be true you know. Hull are looking to make a statement of intent and aren't short of cash or the willingness to pay off a fee for a marquee player.

Andy Lynch is about as marquee as it gets in humberside

Spider Ski
25th September 2011, 00:01
I would **** myself dry if this was true. Seriously. It would be the funniest thing to happen, ever.

itwillalwaysbewithme
25th September 2011, 01:48
Considering he has just captained Manly to the NRL Grand Final, I see this as very doubtful. The lad is on fire atm, he is going nowhere.

Bluesaintdave
25th September 2011, 11:26

And by then he'll be old enough for Warrington:)

HitTheWall
25th September 2011, 11:31
I highly doubt this is true. Lyon isn't driven by money, he's driven by the enjoyment of his rugby but most of all he puts his family first. He's not going to uproot them and travel to the other side of the world just for a pay cheque, which is all he'd be doing it for because he's won pretty much everything he can over here already. It's a better quality of life over there for his boys and he's admitted that he's extremely happy there at Manly. Plus, I don't think he'll be wanting to relinquish the chance of playing for Australia again either.

Sausalito
25th September 2011, 15:39
I highly doubt this is true. Lyon isn't driven by money, he's driven by the enjoyment of his rugby but most of all he puts his family first. He's not going to uproot them and travel to the other side of the world just for a pay cheque, which is all he'd be doing it for because he's won pretty much everything he can over here already. It's a better quality of life over there for his boys and he's admitted that he's extremely happy there at Manly. Plus, I don't think he'll be wanting to relinquish the chance of playing for Australia again either.

And yet when Saints went for him he had gone bush because he didn't like the beach/city lifestyle.

Paul Cullen's Mantra
25th September 2011, 16:14
I am off the opinion that if he decides to grace our shores soon, I would expect him to join a top club. I think he still retains too much talent to jump on the mercenary ticket bandwagon.
I still believe he could do a good job for us - the new ground, the dawn of an new era and the arrival of Jamie Lyon - will I ever wake up and smell the coffee??

HitTheWall
25th September 2011, 19:30
And yet when Saints went for him he had gone bush because he didn't like the beach/city lifestyle.

He was young and naiive then, but he's matured a lot since then and learnt how to handle certain adversity and pressure. Plus, it's not just a case of thinking about himself now, he's got his kids to consider. He seems to be loving it to me.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/cubs-motivate-lyon-to-keep-rep-career-roaring-along-20110219-1b07r.html

fishy3005
25th September 2011, 19:35
jamie came over for a lot of reasons. he had a kid on the way back home, (at a time when money in the nrl wasn't massive), wanted to escape the spotlight pressures of the nrl, didn't like brian smith (and i think his contract stated he could not play for another nrl side). so it made sence that he came over here, and whilst he seemed to enjoy playing for us i really can't see him coming back as all the issues that influenced his coming over have since been resolved. sorry. i wish i was wrong peeps

Threepennystander
18th March 2012, 21:35
It appears that you boys were right about Lyon not coming to us after all, there again it would appear that your need is much greater than ours at the moment, maybe you'll nip in and steal him away from Salford :whistling:

RedVee Admin
18th March 2012, 22:07
Well well well... seems that it's not just me who hears things. Who wants Steve Matai? Not us, we're going old skool...

RV12
18th March 2012, 22:13
surely not???

RedVee Admin
18th March 2012, 22:21
Manly are off loading big wages - it's no secret. They're putting everything into keeping Daly Cherry-Evans on board.

JFGI.