PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Watch 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Gruntfuttock
29th March 2010, 08:15
Not exactly an update but when I drove past at 7:45 this morning there were 7 huge empty tipper wagons waiting to get into the site , so maybe clearing room to work or shifting the polluted soil , activity anyway

Billinge Lump
29th March 2010, 08:23
15 minutes? Are you crawling there? lol

Are you The Flash? :p

I'm talking about taking a stroll, not power walking there.

Dyer
29th March 2010, 08:37
08:03 - man with digger enters site
08:04 - man with digger stops
08:05 - man with digger opens digger door and gets out of digger
08:07 - man walks away from digger in direct or portaloo
08:09 - man enters portaloo
08:47 - man exits portaloo and walks back to digger
08:49 - man gets back in digger
08:50 - man starts digger and commenses work
09:00 - man in digger stops work to have break

SaintPeter
29th March 2010, 09:11
Typical!!! His first hour consists of going the loo and doing 10 minutes work before having a break. If this is what happens all day every day it will take years to build.lollol

Sausalito
29th March 2010, 09:57
Typical!!! His first hour consists of going the loo and doing 10 minutes work before having a break. If this is what happens all day every day it will take years to build.lollol

Heard he had to wait for Diesel

Wanderer
29th March 2010, 10:11
Heard he had to wait for Diesel
What? He's flirting on-site? Get the man sacked!

doghead
29th March 2010, 10:47
Not exactly an update but when I drove past at 7:45 this morning there were 7 huge empty tipper wagons waiting to get into the site , so maybe clearing room to work or shifting the polluted soil , activity anyway

They have started to remove the mound of earth that runs along the side of the link road.

superdom
29th March 2010, 10:55
They have started to remove the mound of earth that runs along the side of the link road.

Are there 7 diggers filling the 7 tippers?

SaintPeter
29th March 2010, 11:33
God i wish i lived closer!

Sean Day
29th March 2010, 11:43

Getting there then. Should be finished in a couple of week

Gruntfuttock
29th March 2010, 14:38
Are there 7 diggers filling the 7 tippers?

7 fellers with shovels any good?

saintembo
29th March 2010, 14:50
They are not building it in the Outer Hebrides

Wish they were. It would be closer for me lol

forward ref
29th March 2010, 15:03
Just bin passed, the stadium is now almost complete, they're white lining the pitch and putting the posts up, should be ready in a week or so (or maybe a year or two, not sure).

saint mac
30th March 2010, 01:07
lollollollol
08:03 - man with digger enters site
08:04 - man with digger stops
08:05 - man with digger opens digger door and gets out of digger
08:07 - man walks away from digger in direct or portaloo
08:09 - man enters portaloo
08:47 - man exits portaloo and walks back to digger
08:49 - man gets back in digger
08:50 - man starts digger and commenses work
09:00 - man in digger stops work to have break

Brilliant My ribs are aching with laughing

Gruntfuttock
31st March 2010, 09:23
Diggers AND Tipper wagons working both at the same time at 7@30 this morning and part of the bank running along the linkway has been dug away, progress progress progress !!

Dyer
31st March 2010, 09:29
7:32am - more portaloos delivered to site to cover extra staff with tippers

Man with digger seems pleased

CHANNEL22
31st March 2010, 11:09
Diggers AND Tipper wagons working both at the same time at 7@30 this morning and part of the bank running along the linkway has been dug away, progress progress progress !!

People will pinch anything these days

saintgeorge
31st March 2010, 17:50

Toilets already better than the existing ones at KR then.

Dyer
31st March 2010, 18:26
we have portaloos in the ladies, 3 actually :)

nerr nerr

Chop
31st March 2010, 19:07
What devastates me apart from the fact that the Ladeeees have 3 portaloos is that the Board didnt think fit to whitewash the wall that I have dutifully had an Arthur Ash on for the past 40 years.

Comments Mr Mc Manus

Lex
31st March 2010, 19:23
What devastates me apart from the fact that the Ladeeees have 3 portaloos is that the Board didnt think fit to whitewash the wall that I have dutifully had an Arthur Ash on for the past 40 years.

Comments Mr Mc Manus

So long as you did'nt pebble dash it.

oldshep1960
31st March 2010, 19:41
we have portaloos in the ladies, 3 actually :)

nerr nerrso thats what they are! no wonder security keeps throwing me out, i was looking for a phone,,, honest !!! hahahahaha

Buddy
31st March 2010, 19:44

How many people with hi vis jackets are standing around watching all this go on?

There must be dozens

Sausalito
31st March 2010, 19:57
How many people with hi vis jackets are standing around watching all this go on?

There must be dozens

Give them all a spade. Shouldn't take too long then.

Agent Mulder
31st March 2010, 20:12
Give them all a spade. Shouldn't take too long then.

We could all do an hours stint after the match on Good Friday lol

Sean Day
31st March 2010, 20:16
Heard it might be ready next week

Dyer
31st March 2010, 20:29

There must be dozens

They're in the que for the portaloo ;)

Sceptical Ste
31st March 2010, 22:17
Article in the Star today

http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/6242607.Work_at_former_UG_site_paving_the_way_for_ Saints____new_home/

Sceptical Ste
1st April 2010, 22:27
Some pictures from today.

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr97/petersandlee/100_1465.jpg

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr97/petersandlee/100_1464.jpg

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr97/petersandlee/100_1466.jpg

Naturalised_Yicker
2nd April 2010, 09:28
well it certainly looks like there's some promising activity......!

Spider Ski
3rd April 2010, 19:14
So how many weeks will we need this for currently? (http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs489.snc3/26733_101700346538196_101686803206217_10045_671270 2_n.jpg)

SaintPeter
6th April 2010, 07:49
This week they should be stepping up a little ready for next week when total chaos is brought upon the town.

Gruntfuttock
6th April 2010, 08:34
Cant have it both ways , a new stadium, and no chaos on the roads , its just part of the price we have to pay to get it

doghead
6th April 2010, 08:58
Still no announcement yet of the Contractor to build the stadium.

Sceptical Ste
6th April 2010, 12:49
Article in the Star with regard to the proposed bridge over the linkway.

http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/7984978.Footbridge_plan_for_stadium_site/

Planning application for the bridge.

http://llpgport.oltps.sthelens.gov.uk:8080/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=67814

Original stadium planning application.

http://212.248.225.150:8080/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=50095

SaintPeter
6th April 2010, 13:19
Decision Grant with Conditions Decision Date 12/02/2010
is this right?.

I thought they granted permission last year

Wanderer
6th April 2010, 13:32
I don't understand this. Why are plans for the footbridge - which was part of the original proposal - only being submitted now?

doghead
6th April 2010, 13:51
There not one soul on the link road site today, all the machines have gone and the gate is locked.

SaintPeter
6th April 2010, 14:37
this doesnt sound good!!

Wanderer
6th April 2010, 15:28
There not one soul on the link road site today, all the machines have gone and the gate is locked.
Easter holidays.

Dicko
6th April 2010, 18:40
I don't understand this. Why are plans for the footbridge - which was part of the original proposal - only being submitted now?

Typical of The Star look at the planning application date it was on 12/3/2010. Star News? Don't make me laugh its old hat before they get round to printing half the stuff in there.

SaintPeter
8th April 2010, 08:25
There might actually be nothing much happening from now till monday as it looks like they have dug out enough for the roundabout. The rest could be dug out at a later stage for the approach for the roundabout.

garylager
8th April 2010, 10:22
Still no contractor announcement. I don't care how big they think the scheme is, there is no way on earth it takes over three month to analyse a tender, on a scheme like this it would be done in a matter of weeks. I wished they'd stop fobbing us of and treat the fans with some respect and tell us what the delay is. It's nearly a month now since they said a contractor would be appointed and at least three since the tenders were due back in.

Dyer
8th April 2010, 11:08
There'll be reason for the delay just be patient

The club don't need to make an announcement about every little detail of the site development. If they were, you'd only see someone complaining that they talked too much about the stadium and not enough focus was on the team

I blame Potter....and Meli

Wanderer
8th April 2010, 11:53
I blame Potter....and Meli
You're out of touch then. It's Scott Moore's fault now, didn't you know? ;-)

Sceptical Ste
8th April 2010, 12:25
Approx 40 new documents added to the original planning application. These are for the linkway roundabout and parr street works. One of the new documents is for the road signs at the linkway roundabout with lots of references to the superstore.

Saint
8th April 2010, 12:26
I keep saying, they have this website that they haven't updated for donkeys years:

http://www.sthelensstadium.com/

Surely this could be used to keep us up to date with where the process is up to?

I've just lost count of the empty promises or missed dates now - the contract still hasnt been awarded, we've still had no fans forums and we've still had no fancy CGI images of the stadium - weren't these promised in 2009?

I know these things take time and no one is expecting instant progress but just communication to keep fans in the loop is all. A regularly updated blog on the above site would certainly stop me moaning.

doghead
8th April 2010, 12:42
This is the person who will know whats going on, she did reply last week to one Email I sent, said she couldn't say who had got the contract at that time.

rebecca.noble@arcadis-uk.com

wardies love child
8th April 2010, 14:08
[QUOTE=garylager;280270]Still no contractor announcement. I don't care how big they think the scheme is, there is no way on earth it takes over three month to analyse a tender, on a scheme like this it would be done in a matter of weeks. I wished they'd stop fobbing us of and treat the fans with some respect and tell us what the delay is. It's nearly a month now since they said a contractor would be appointed and at least three since the tenders were due back in.[/QUOTE

all those that submit a tender will have their documents scrutinised with toothcomb for errors or discrepancies. If errors are made the costs can be expensive to either or both parties. So many groups wil have tendered and all will be interviewed regards there tender. You cannot just pick one and run with it. The client has a legal obligation to have fair play amongst those who spent a lot of time effort and money to win this job. If tenders were only due in 3 weeks back as you state then you will probably wait a while longer yet. There will be a preferred bidder and 2nd no
doubt but they have to interview all that were invited to tender under a fair play system shall I state. You maybe told who bid for it but not the winner by the lady named in a previous post.
Gallifordtry are doing the bridge and were due to start in march but I guess it's design and build if plans only recently submitted as I knew about it 2 month ago as I work for them.

Buddy
8th April 2010, 15:50
[QUOTE=garylager;280270]Still no contractor announcement. I don't care how big they think the scheme is, there is no way on earth it takes over three month to analyse a tender, on a scheme like this it would be done in a matter of weeks. I wished they'd stop fobbing us of and treat the fans with some respect and tell us what the delay is. It's nearly a month now since they said a contractor would be appointed and at least three since the tenders were due back in.[/QUOTE

all those that submit a tender will have their documents scrutinised with toothcomb for errors or discrepancies. If errors are made the costs can be expensive to either or both parties. So many groups wil have tendered and all will be interviewed regards there tender. You cannot just pick one and run with it. The client has a legal obligation to have fair play amongst those who spent a lot of time effort and money to win this job. If tenders were only due in 3 weeks back as you state then you will probably wait a while longer yet. There will be a preferred bidder and 2nd no
doubt but they have to interview all that were invited to tender under a fair play system shall I state. You maybe told who bid for it but not the winner by the lady named in a previous post.
Gallifordtry are doing the bridge and were due to start in march but I guess it's design and build if plans only recently submitted as I knew about it 2 month ago as I work for them.

I understand your points mate, but as I said about 10 pages ago, most of the concerns are coming because of the way the club are handling the situation.

They are distancing the fans from the most exciting project to happen involving the club in 110 years, and it is deeply worrying that they do not realise the unrest its creating.

As said a couple of posts ago, a simple blog with regular updates - even if it just said a reason for a delay was scrutiny of the tenders, would only take second to do but would mean a great deal to the people who turn up week in week out.

doghead
8th April 2010, 17:20
the end of April before a contractor is named.

from the horses mouth.

SaintPeter
8th April 2010, 17:44
What, this april or next. lollollol

garylager
8th April 2010, 19:00

Teaching how to suck eggs. Do it for a living. No way on earth does it take 3 to 4 months to analyse a tender, if i did that I wouldn't be doing it for a living much longer, i'd have my P45.

garylager
8th April 2010, 19:05

from the horses mouth.

So why release a statement saying the next couple of weeks. Another delaying tactic.

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for the new stadium, it's just the way they keep the fans in the dark at saints.

TIMTOP
8th April 2010, 20:34
I want to see a new ground as much as anyone but why do they have to tell us anything, st helens provide a product, rugby league, we pay them and there team performs for us! Their team performs at a rugby ground, we dont have to go there! Stop stressing , keep watchin the team and the ground will be here, lookin all shiny and new before we know it!

doghead
8th April 2010, 22:41
[QUOTE=wardies love child;280319]

Teaching how to suck eggs. Do it for a living. No way on earth does it take 3 to 4 months to analyse a tender, if i did that I wouldn't be doing it for a living much longer, i'd have my P45.

I was on Construction Tenders site the other day, there a big job going down in Liverpool that has a tender period of 2/3 years.

The Saints stadium tender is still being looked at, and should be completed by the end of the month.

forward ref
9th April 2010, 08:57
We wont be in before August 1st 2011, and that's pushing it.

Chop
9th April 2010, 21:42
Are we surprised Forward/////**** up and Brewery come to mind.........Oh and sod the Fans

Sadfish
10th April 2010, 08:58
As long as we all think we'll be in start of 2012 season, then why is everyone so up in arms.

I mean, what does it matter we'll be playing away from home for something like 14 games next year that should be home games, and then the following year we are in a brand spankin new stadium.

Get a grip.

TIMTOP
10th April 2010, 09:20
Lets tell them we don't need the ground and we're not interested, the ground will be up tomorrow!

RedVee Admin
10th April 2010, 11:03

from the horses mouth.

Is this the same horse that told me March the 17th?

doghead
10th April 2010, 13:23
Is this the same horse that told me March the 17th?

PM on the way.

roy litherland
11th April 2010, 00:23
spot on
As long as we all think we'll be in start of 2012 season, then why is everyone so up in arms.

I mean, what does it matter we'll be playing away from home for something like 14 games next year that should be home games, and then the following year we are in a brand spankin new stadium.

Get a grip.

stoneislander
11th April 2010, 09:34
lets not forget theres a third party to all tis namely tesco , who as a company are well known for screwing there suppliers for every penny they can , perhaps theyre not happy with part of the process or the price being quoted by builders

doghead
11th April 2010, 12:43
Only two lanes open one either way on the link road this morning, cones everywhere.

SaintPeter
11th April 2010, 13:23
Only two lanes open one either way on the link road this morning, cones everywhere.

are they the inside lanes that are closed?. (Could be to install contraflo)

forward ref
11th April 2010, 13:48

Get a grip.

Would you be so lax if you were getting a new extension built on your house?

Bottom line is we're promised a certain timeline. It's obvious that is, shall we say, optimistic. Then you propose the fans just shrug, shut up and stop moaning, as if this whole new stadium thing is none of our business, we are just consumers, take it or leave it.

Is that really our relationship with the club? Are we just casual consumers of entertainment like cinema goers or someone who buys a computer game? Because that's the way the club is treating us. - We're in Widnes, take it or leave it. Or then again we might not be in Widnes, it really is not your business to worry your tiny little brains over, just turn up and pay your money and shut up asking nuisance questions.

Gruntfuttock
11th April 2010, 15:51
OK everybody some pictures of the chaos round the stadium site,

first of all what they have done to the site so far
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/lahforum/9aworksofar.jpg

Macdonalds roundabout looking towards sherdley , only a short stretch of road down to one lane
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/lahforum/9atowardssherdley.jpg

looking up the hill towards macdonalds entering st Helens,from the bridge, there is aonly one lane closed coming IN, going up the hill seems clear
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/lahforum/9alinkbymacds.jpg

some shots of the site
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/lahforum/9waregouses3.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/lahforum/8warehouses2.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/lahforum/7warehouses.jpg

looking past the site towards macdonalds roundabout
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/lahforum/6towardsmacd2.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/lahforum/5closeuptowardsmacd.jpg

Mining monument roundabout loking towards KFC only one lane closed halfway along the road
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/lahforum/4twoardskfc2.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/lahforum/3towardskfc.jpg

towards macdonalds again
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/lahforum/2towardsmacdonalds.jpg

and finally looking towards Tescos
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/lahforum/towardscinema.jpg

SaintPeter
11th April 2010, 16:32
how come so many road closures?. I thought it would be just the stretch that runs past the UG entrance.

Dicko
11th April 2010, 16:44
Road Closures? The only road that has been coned off Is The One that passes The Rear Entrance To UG Its the entrance the sand wagons used to feed the mixing plant.

SaintPeter
11th April 2010, 17:05
sorry yes there are a few roads that are coned off, not just the main one but the one leading from KFC and sherdley park.

Gruntfuttock
12th April 2010, 08:47
yes but they are only coned for a few yards not all the way

SaintPeter
13th April 2010, 12:53
Is there much happening today?.

doghead
13th April 2010, 12:55
Is there much happening today?.

They have fenced off the grass verge at the back of Carphone Warehouse.

Dicko
13th April 2010, 14:01
They are putting two new pedestrian crossings in on the retail park getting ready for the rush to the carpark.:)

doghead
13th April 2010, 14:14
They are putting two new pedestrian crossings in on the retail park getting ready for the rush to the carpark.:)

There is a Toucan crossing going on the link road, just above the new Island.

saintembo
16th April 2010, 14:43
Has nothin happened for 3 days ??? I'm relying on everyone to keep me informed. Its not easy living 400 miles away.

CHANNEL22
16th April 2010, 15:24
I went passed this morning and they are digging out on the Retail Park side of the Linkway. Presumably that is party of the roundabout.

Gruntfuttock
16th April 2010, 16:26
Has nothin happened for 3 days ??? I'm relying on everyone to keep me informed. Its not easy living 400 miles away.

Tsk Tsk for the benefit of all our foreign fans there will be regular updated pictures on a Sunday , your on the spot reporter will keep you informed

doghead
16th April 2010, 17:29
There used to only be me parked at the side of Carphone Warehouse looking for any sign of activity, now theres 3 or 4 cars having a gander, the Island build is in full swing now.
what I cant fathom there is a car park full of used vans ect, right where the stadium is going, and we are getting very near start date.

SaintPeter
16th April 2010, 18:08
them vans have been there for years, im supprised there not rooted in.:D i went passed today and there isnt much going on considering they have stepped up. But on the up side now they have dug away the verge from the side of the linkway you can now see the proposed site.

Gruntfuttock
18th April 2010, 13:46
Ok people our regular Sunday update is here

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/lahforum/picture1.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/lahforum/picture2.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/lahforum/picture3.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/lahforum/picture4.jpg

The piles of rubble are on the retail side of the linkway, and its where the roundabout is going

amd as you can see there is quite a lot of banking already gone

Sausalito
18th April 2010, 15:24
not be long now lol

yogi bear
18th April 2010, 16:47
OK everybody some pictures of the chaos round the stadium site,

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/lahforum/5closeuptowardsmacd.jpg

tut tut - no tax disc on white estate - must be heading towards Parr

blade101
21st April 2010, 04:49
I am a new member here. But pls visit our homepage URL through my Signature and URL Link....

Talk some sense!
21st April 2010, 10:11
Lawyers in california eh! the members of Redvee have long been crying out for a decent attorney in California! nice one.

:rolleyes

Gruntfuttock
21st April 2010, 15:16
Spam spam spam spam, wonderfull spam !!!!

forward ref
21st April 2010, 15:55
We should bombard his office with bogus pleas

cjhatesunion
21st April 2010, 22:28
tut tut - no tax disc on white estate - must be heading towards Parr

Hey you cheeky b.....d,nowt wrong with sunny Parr.

oldun
21st April 2010, 22:38
I am a new member here. But pls visit our homepage URL through my Signature and URL Link....

Perhaps the person in the white estate could use you

Gruntfuttock
25th April 2010, 17:50
ok folks , new sunday update pictures

near the cutout for the roundabout, presumably this is going to be the road into the site
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/lahforum/STA5.jpg

showing the cutout on the retail park side of the linkway
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/lahforum/STA4.jpg

and just the normal views of the site
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/lahforum/STA3.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/lahforum/STA2.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/lahforum/STA1.jpg

Blobbynator
25th April 2010, 18:42
Good work GF.

Any news on the contractor yet? It's going worryingly quiet on that score.

Gruntfuttock
26th April 2010, 10:06
your welcome mate , nah im sure the contractors bulldozers are warmng up as we speak, be big holes in those warehouses next week just you watch

doghead
26th April 2010, 12:15
your welcome mate , nah im sure the contractors bulldozers are warmng up as we speak, be big holes in those warehouses next week just you watch

PM sent.

Elysian
26th April 2010, 12:48
I was at home in St Helens for the first time in ages and was looking at the site from the Ravenhead carpark when I was at the gym. Good to see that there has obviously been some activity. I take it those warehouses are coming down then?

I hope to keep up to speed on this a little bit more now I'm not seconded at Canary Wharf any longer.

superdom
26th April 2010, 13:13
I was at home in St Helens for the first time in ages and was looking at the site from the Ravenhead carpark when I was at the gym. Good to see that there has obviously been some activity. I take it those warehouses are coming down then?

I hope to keep up to speed on this a little bit more now I'm not seconded at Canary Wharf any longer.

Phew. Thank God for that Elysian.
I was worried you were going to miss the whole thing :rolleyes:
You gonna take photos for us too?

Elysian
26th April 2010, 13:22
Phew. Thank God for that Elysian.
I was worried you were going to miss the whole thing :rolleyes:
You gonna take photos for us too?

Not with that attitude i'm not...;)

forward ref
26th April 2010, 13:31
The building contractor hasn't been appointed yet. The warehouses will be cleared by the builder after the contract is given.

The activity you see pictured is the access roads and infrastructure paid for by the council.

My original completion date estimate was August 1st 2011. This is looking increasingly optimistic.

Elysian
26th April 2010, 13:33
The building contractor hasn't been appointed yet. The warehouses will be cleared by the builder after the contract is given.

The activity you see pictured is the access roads and infrastructure paid for by the council.

My original completion date estimate was August 1st 2011. This is looking increasingly optimistic.

Cheers amigo.

To be honest, as long as the stadium is completed and our long term future secured, the beginning of the 2012 season is fine by me.

wardies love child
26th April 2010, 17:45
I'll be happy when contract award goes official as then it's cost alot of dosh to stop nut looks as though we are going in right direction. Weekly pics will look good at the end product as diary if kept up. Well done GF

Sean Day
26th April 2010, 17:56
Cheers amigo.

To be honest, as long as the stadium is completed and our long term future secured, the beginning of the 2012 season is fine by me.

me too. To be honest part of me wants to move in at the beginning of a new season rather than towards the end of one. That's in an ideal world though...

Blobbynator
26th April 2010, 17:58
The thought of playing at Widnes for a whole season next year is horrible though.

wardies love child
26th April 2010, 22:26
The thought of playing at Widnes for a whole season next year is horrible though.

I'd quite happily throw in a few quid towards accelerated costs for the builder to avoid playin in chemical town.

Saint
29th April 2010, 10:53
Contractor?

3D renders?

Fans forums?

Anything whatsoever?

stoneislander
29th April 2010, 11:11
Contractor?

3D renders?

Fans forums?

Anything whatsoever?

seein as we were told a contractor would be announced by the end of april , tomorrows s**t or bust

Huntingtons
29th April 2010, 11:36
When it comes to any kind of date to do with the construction industry, it is ALWAYS longer than expected. This is for announcement of contractors, date of plans submitted down to the actual completetion dates of the works. I dont know why the construction industry doesnt just add 2 months onto the end of any estimated date because then it will look good that theyve done it quicker than expected.

I tell you now, there is NO WAY we will get to play a single game in our new stadium in 2011. It will be 2012 at the earliest.

forward ref
29th April 2010, 12:08
You should do kids parties Huntingtons.

doghead
29th April 2010, 13:00
seein as we were told a contractor would be announced by the end of april , tomorrows s**t or bust

It was me who said the end of April, I still have the Email from the person in charge of the tendering process to that effect, I have sent another Email asking what the latest news is on the start date and contractor for the stadium, they dont always reply though.
Got told this morning that the Lib Dem flyer for the local election is saying that ground work on the new stadium will begin in June, anybody verify this.

Huntingtons
30th April 2010, 10:49
You should do kids parties Huntingtons.

I already post on redvee. Thats enough mingling with know nowt kids.

Sausalito
30th April 2010, 12:34
It was me who said the end of April, I still have the Email from the person in charge of the tendering process to that effect, I have sent another Email asking what the latest news is on the start date and contractor for the stadium, they dont always reply though.
Got told this morning that the Lib Dem flyer for the local election is saying that ground work on the new stadium will begin in June, anybody verify this.

Must be different flyers, it doesn't mention it on mine.

wardies love child
1st May 2010, 10:14
Labour flyers say construction on the stadium has started. More lies lies lies from their spin machine. Why can't people proof read publicated documents. Even the infrastructure works can't be classed as the stadium works.
Can't even tell us who's building it. You wonder why people get pi??ed off with government. Don't do themselves any favours with telling tales.

doghead
1st May 2010, 12:34
Labour flyers say construction on the stadium has started. More lies lies lies from their spin machine. Why can't people proof read publicated documents. Even the infrastructure works can't be classed as the stadium works.
Can't even tell us who's building it. You wonder why people get pi??ed off with government. Don't do themselves any favours with telling tales.

Work has started on the stadium site, not on the stadium as you say, as far as the Government is concerned, building our stadium would have in the worst case scenario not have happened without a sympethetic Government or would have been delayed many months if it had been called in, good work by our local MP's
Without the grant from the Northwest Develpement Agency (Government) could the club have found the extra money, by the way the Tory Party are getting rid of the Regional Agencies,

wardies love child
1st May 2010, 13:03
Work has started on the stadium site, not on the stadium as you say, as far as the Government is concerned, building our stadium would have in the worst case scenario not have happened without a sympethetic Government or would have been delayed many months if it had been called in, good work by our local MP's
Without the grant from the Northwest Develpement Agency (Government) could the club have found the extra money, by the way the Tory Party are getting rid of the Regional Agencies,
I was quoting the flyer stating saints stadium construction started. We don't know what is around the corner regards the government in charge as it's the stage where all parties will spin to get in. Think we can only see in time what a Tory mob would do if they do win.
I think the stadium with the backing we have would have gone through regardless of who was in the chair. But like most on here I want to be in the chair of a new stadium. As it is I have now given up on next season like some as having a home until probably the playoffs now but the later it gets the more chance saints won't want it ready next year as they will pay for it's upkeep whilst not being used so start of the season after is probably what will happen

Wanderer
1st May 2010, 14:10
Without the grant from the Northwest Develpement Agency (Government) could the club have found the extra money
The NWDA money wasn't extra money. The Council are now paying less into the pot.

The Tories will be no different from Labour in what they get rid of. It's called a trillion pounds worth of national debt.

SaintPeter
1st May 2010, 15:38
All the vans and cars at the front on the site (peasley cross end) has been removed from site. So it wont be long now till we se some groundworks.:D:) I would say in the next couple of weeks there will be some works going on.

wardies love child
1st May 2010, 17:27
All the vans and cars at the front on the site (peasley cross end) has been removed from site. So it wont be long now till we se some groundworks.:D:) I would say in the next couple of weeks there will be some works going on.

Be surprised if you do. Contract not yet awarded alledgedly so to get paper work sorted and men doing groundworks in a couple of week will need divine intervention.not to forget the size of site set up that will go in for the size of site. I'd guestimate mid June before it looks at the stage when you say at last it's starting.

stoneislander
1st May 2010, 20:45
july at the earliest i reckon , were at widnes for all 2011 get used to it people

wardies love child
1st May 2010, 21:04
july at the earliest i reckon , were at widnes for all 2011 get used to it people

Have to agree in the main but for 2 games old Trafford an wemberlee.

doghead
1st May 2010, 22:46
The NWDA money wasn't extra money. The Council are now paying less into the pot.

The Tories will be no different from Labour in what they get rid of. It's called a trillion pounds worth of national debt.

The Tories are not getting rid of the grant system, just the regional aspect, regions will not have a fair share of any grant monies availiable, it will be a "free for all" any money availiable will be gobbled up by the Home Counties.

Councils do not put money in to help private developments, infrastructure yes, access roads trafic island etc.

doghead
1st May 2010, 22:54
I was quoting the flyer stating saints stadium construction started. We don't know what is around the corner regards the government in charge as it's the stage where all parties will spin to get in. Think we can only see in time what a Tory mob would do if they do win.
I think the stadium with the backing we have would have gone through regardless of who was in the chair. But like most on here I want to be in the chair of a new stadium. As it is I have now given up on next season like some as having a home until probably the playoffs now but the later it gets the more chance saints won't want it ready next year as they will pay for it's upkeep whilst not being used so start of the season after is probably what will happen

I just cant help but think we have had massive support for our new stadium from local North West MP's, even Mandleson went on TV suppoting us.

djgazza
3rd May 2010, 15:29
The first big job to do is to fill in the Olympic size swimming pool which was under the batch plant and the lehr ends, it's massive. If you call work started being one digger on site for two half days last week, then yes it's started. By the way I work at JK Philips'

doghead
3rd May 2010, 18:09
The first big job to do is to fill in the Olympic size swimming pool which was under the batch plant and the lehr ends, it's massive. If you call work started being one digger on site for two half days last week, then yes it's started. By the way I work at JK Philips'

You can say that again its one big concrete lake, it cant be seen from the road but that part of the site will be for parking, it shouldn't hold up any building once the warehouses are down.

St.Ben
3rd May 2010, 20:11
You can say that again its one big concrete lake, it cant be seen from the road but that part of the site will be for parking, it shouldn't hold up any building once the warehouses are down.

just checked out the pool on google maps,,that is a big pool,just out of intrest what was that used for in the past ????

Buddy
3rd May 2010, 22:00
The Tories are not getting rid of the grant system, just the regional aspect, regions will not have a fair share of any grant monies availiable, it will be a "free for all" any money availiable will be gobbled up by the Home Counties.

Councils do not put money in to help private developments, infrastructure yes, access roads trafic island etc.

Whoever gets in will be getting rid of the regional development agencies.

Sceptical Ste
3rd May 2010, 22:07
just checked out the pool on google maps,,that is a big pool,just out of intrest what was that used for in the past ????

Earlier photos showing the plant and the location of the concreted area.

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr97/petersandlee/Stadiumphotos014.jpg

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr97/petersandlee/Picture108.jpg

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr97/petersandlee/100_1156.jpg

Here is a photo from the other day, as you say starting to fill up with water.

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr97/petersandlee/100_1469.jpg

guernseysaint
3rd May 2010, 22:18
great pics mate, as an exile, a poor 1 living in guernsey i can't help but feel a little home sick. Keep em coming matey your doing a great job

doghead
3rd May 2010, 22:28
Whoever gets in will be getting rid of the regional development agencies.

err no, labour will keep them.

doghead
3rd May 2010, 22:37

I can only think it was the water that cooled the bottled machines.

Dicko
3rd May 2010, 22:53
If it was like Forsters Glass at PocketNook it was to collect all the cullet and rejected bottles as they fell off the end of the leyers it used to drop below into the huge cullet bins that was then shipped back under all the plant into the mixing plant an reused.

Buddy
4th May 2010, 08:27
err no, labour will keep them.

Sorry Mr Livingston but I have had that information straight from the horses mouth.

I heard that from the CEO of the NWDA about 6 months ago.

doghead
4th May 2010, 08:50
Sorry Mr Livingston but I have had that information straight from the horses mouth.

I heard that from the CEO of the NWDA about 6 months ago.

A direct question to Brown on TV this last couple of weeks, he said no, Cameron said the Region's are getting to much money aspecialy the North East, 6 months ago that is a very long time in politics.

Buddy
4th May 2010, 08:54
A direct question to Brown on TV this last couple of weeks, he said no, Cameron said the Region's are getting to much money aspecialy the North East, 6 months ago that is a very long time in politics.

I know who I would believe.

doghead
4th May 2010, 08:58
If it was like Forsters Glass at PocketNook it was to collect all the cullet and rejected bottles as they fell off the end of the leyers it used to drop below into the huge cullet bins that was then shipped back under all the plant into the mixing plant an reused.

I remember that at both Rockware (Fosters) and UGB (the old factory) but this is massive it is like a very large concrete box, it looks as though it was built to hold water.

doghead
4th May 2010, 08:59
I know who I would believe.

I hope you have a very secure job,

Buddy
4th May 2010, 09:37
I hope you have a very secure job,

No, but perhaps more secure than our Prime minister :)

The NWDA are bracing themselves for their demise whoever gets in. I'm no politicat, but working closely with them in the last 18 months I have seen exatly what they have done for the north west and think its a bad move.

doghead
4th May 2010, 11:53
No, but perhaps more secure than our Prime minister :)

The NWDA are bracing themselves for their demise whoever gets in. I'm no politicat, but working closely with them in the last 18 months I have seen exatly what they have done for the north west and think its a bad move.

Is right,

SaintPeter
4th May 2010, 15:35
anything new happening on site for the roundabout and any pictures?.

Gruntfuttock
4th May 2010, 17:22
Gordon bennet give us a chance mate , only got back from Edinburgh yesterday evening !! :)

going toget some new piccys tommorrow

Sausalito
4th May 2010, 17:26
Went past today there were a couple dandelions showing.

daves
4th May 2010, 17:32
Went past today there were a couple dandelions showing.

Hope they're only bog-standard dandelions and not some exotic,endanger variety.

wardies love child
4th May 2010, 18:10
Hope they're only bog-standard dandelions and not some exotic,endanger variety.

They won't be there long great crested newts love them, oh and slow worms too

doghead
4th May 2010, 19:08
Filling a hole in this morning with wagon loads of rubble, like an earlier post said all the old vans have been moved from where the major part of the stadium will stand.

forward ref
6th May 2010, 09:12
Doghead
Any news on the contract awarding? April now out and getting into May. If you can't say publicly a PM would be appreciated.

doghead
6th May 2010, 09:28
Doghead
Any news on the contract awarding? April now out and getting into May. If you can't say publicly a PM would be appreciated.

Emailed the person in charge twice, asked in a nice manner, they are not replying anymore.

PM you with some numbers if you want to give it a go.

doghead
6th May 2010, 09:43
I was down there yesterday, The Island is going full blast now they where tarmacking part of the outer road, but there is something going on inside the warehouses a couple of old red transit vans where going in, the mate who has 40 years nous on these things said they could be stripping out before they flatten it.

Sean Day
6th May 2010, 13:07
All of these promises not being kept are making a mockery of the process now, regardless of whether everything is in hand or not. In the past I've been patient more than most but that is wearing thin now

Sausalito
6th May 2010, 15:16
All of these promises not being kept are making a mockery of the process now, regardless of whether everything is in hand or not. In the past I've been patient more than most but that is wearing thin now

The hardest part is the groundwork and the footings. when all this is done you will seee it fly up.

doghead
6th May 2010, 17:36
Just had a reply from my Email, I would advise that I am not in a position to confirm start date or contractor at this stage.

Doe's that that mean they have chosen a contractor and cant yet say or they have not yet chosen one.

darrenkg
6th May 2010, 18:11
I ve have been waiting for months for the contractor to be announced, I am an avid saints fan and work for a St.Helens Company called Flamco. Flamco manufacture mechanical and electrical systems for Heating and Chilled water applications. I am very keen to also find out who the consultant is who designed the internals of the stadium (M&E Consultant and Contractor)
Any information will be greatly appreciated and also rewarded.

doghead
6th May 2010, 18:45
I ve have been waiting for months for the contractor to be announced, I am an avid saints fan and work for a St.Helens Company called Flamco. Flamco manufacture mechanical and electrical systems for Heating and Chilled water applications. I am very keen to also find out who the consultant is who designed the internals of the stadium (M&E Consultant and Contractor)
Any information will be greatly appreciated and also rewarded.

The only question I ask of the person in charge of the tendering process is who the Contractor will be and when will work start on the stadium, pushing my luck a bit keep asking to be honest, but we are now only three weeks away from June, give the lady her due though, she has replied several times now.

wardies love child
6th May 2010, 21:09
Just had a reply from my Email, I would advise that I am not in a position to confirm start date or contractor at this stage.

Doe's that that mean they have chosen a contractor and cant yet say or they have not yet chosen one.

it means they won't because they probably are not in a legal position to do so. They may tell you the name of all the companies that have tendered.

forward ref
6th May 2010, 21:13
Well done doghead, you've done more than us lazy bar stewards have bothered to do ;-)

Wish you could bring better news though. ;-(

There's no way we'll be in before September 2011 now so that's the season as good as gone. So all I want now is to know this is going to happen sometime.

doghead
6th May 2010, 23:48
Well done doghead, you've done more than us lazy bar stewards have bothered to do ;-)

Wish you could bring better news though. ;-(

There's no way we'll be in before September 2011 now so that's the season as good as gone. So all I want now is to know this is going to happen sometime.

PM sent.

The Chair Maker
9th May 2010, 02:35
On visiting the site today i noticed a planning notice on a lampost near the stadium.

The planning notice is p/2010/0267 and concerns the developers wanting to be exempt from some of the preconditions before building the stadium. It was posted on 18th March this year The preconditions in question are 17, 18, 22, 23 and 60

These preconditions appear to be around travel and access arrangements to the site.

Its noticable that this request was withdrawn only a few days ago on the 4th May after discussions with planning officials.
I suspect this may in some way explain the delay with appointing a contractor

Langtree would therefore now appear to have to fullfill the original obligations before the contractors can be appointed.

This sentence on one of the letters is i feel pertinant

"The Applicant needs to let the contract for building the Stadium and Store urgently"

Saint_down_under
9th May 2010, 08:16
As an ex-pat Saint living down under, I am really interested to follow the progress of the new stadium. I am in the process of booking flight tickets to visit the auld country next year, specifically to sample the new stadium. As an avid Saints fan in the 70's, 80's and early 90's before leaving for NZ, to visit the new stadium is a major draw card for me to visit "back home", plus my new partner wants to see where I am from....It would be nice to see regular updates on progress just to make sure I dont schedule my tickets too early.....

forward ref
9th May 2010, 16:01
SDU
Leave it till 2012 if I were you. Lot of money to come and look at a building site.

doghead
9th May 2010, 20:09
Got told that Warrington Old Road, the little bit of road at the side of the railway off Peasley Cross Lane is part of the Stadium site, permission to close the road has only recently be sought, got told that it takes months to officially close a road as a time scale is involved, could this be the hold up, those notices have been up for a couple of months, been meaning to have a look. that's good info by the way, wether its relevant here I dont Know.

E Saint
9th May 2010, 21:38
Ill raise the old chesnut again!

When will Saints actually tell us what is happening? If its that nothing is happening then tell us, If the contractor will be announced next week then tell us, if they dont know when they will announce a contractor then tell us. Somebody from the club just please tell us something.

When they announced that there would be roadshows in February that we could all go along to and view models and choose our seats, I foolishly thought it was Feb 2010 obviously it must have been Feb 2011?!?!?!?

forward ref
10th May 2010, 10:47
I've long come to the conclusion that Saints don't actually know what's happening. I strongly suspect Saints are being fobbed off with excuses by the developers etc. It's no good waiting for news from Saints.

You'll find a lot more by going and asking the developers and researching yourself.

Then you can go to Saints and tell them what's happening.

Legolas
10th May 2010, 19:15
Ill raise the old chesnut again!

When will Saints actually tell us what is happening? If its that nothing is happening then tell us, If the contractor will be announced next week then tell us, if they dont know when they will announce a contractor then tell us. Somebody from the club just please tell us something.

When they announced that there would be roadshows in February that we could all go along to and view models and choose our seats, I foolishly thought it was Feb 2010 obviously it must have been Feb 2011?!?!?!?

And yet again the answer is the same. The club are not the developers, Langtree are as the planning documentation shows.

So its pointless knocking holes out of the club for something they have no control over.

But i do agree that this situation is now utterly ridiculous and heads should role for this farcical situation. Somebody needs to do something and now. We've been led down a merry path and at this rate the stadium will never get built.

E Saint
10th May 2010, 22:09
And yet again the answer is the same. The club are not the developers, Langtree are as the planning documentation shows.

So its pointless knocking holes out of the club for something they have no control over.

But i do agree that this situation is now utterly ridiculous and heads should role for this farcical situation. Somebody needs to do something and now. We've been led down a merry path and at this rate the stadium will never get built.

I understand what you are saying but although the club have no control over the situation they should be duty bound to keep the supporters informed. They will know the reasons for the delays, if they are unable to tell us the reasons because of confidentiality issues then say so.

To announce that a series of roadshows would take place in February then to just never mention them again is absolutely ridiculous and as well as making them look like complete amateurs could even be viewed as treating the fans with contempt. (they did announce these series of meetings didnt they, or have we all just had the same mad dream and all woke up thinking it was real?!?!?!)

doghead
10th May 2010, 23:00
I think the contractor has been chosen but cant be named as there is a delay to the start date.
Somebody has dropped a clanger somewhere, something has been missed, the stadium is a good four months behind already.

The Chair Maker
10th May 2010, 23:54
I think the contractor has been chosen but cant be named as there is a delay to the start date.
Somebody has dropped a clanger somewhere, something has been missed, the stadium is a good four months behind already.

Basically from the planning application i showed in an earlier post it would appear that the developers have failed to carry out many of the pre conditions in the planning document before planning permission is fully approved. As a result they tried to get some knocked on the head to speed things up.

All the conditions are detailed in this link, there are 73 of them

http://llpgport.oltps.sthelens.gov.uk:8080/portal/servlets/AttachmentShowServlet?ImageName=139776

Looking at the overall planning information on the council website i can see info on only a few of them, indicating the conditions have been met.

People have been joking about newts, Bats etc holding up the development. However this isnt as daft as it may appear, as some of the preconditions surround protecting such animals. As far as i my untrained eye can see the council website doesnt show any submissions from Langtree on Newts or Lizards (conditions 41 and 42), only for Badgers (condition 40)

So until Langtree get their finger out and submit all the required info to satisfy the conditions, then we wont be seeing a stadium go up any time soon.
For ref the planning application for Saints is P/2007/1074 and is accessible via the towns planning portal

wardies love child
11th May 2010, 07:03
The surveys not the problem and it could be done in a week easy on a site that big. You could have a basic report of findings within timescale too. The biggest problem now to me would be birds nesting as any bird including pidgeon thar has eggs or chicks cannot be moved until they've flown the nest. Nesting season goes on until september/October. The cold spell we had delayed in march the start of nesting season as such.
Cannot see newts being around as I don't remember newt protection in place for the bypass. Badgers are more a possibility but can't see it myself.
Birds will be the problem as it's a requirement to survey prior any removal possible nesting sites. Hence the bulk of devegatation happens November to February prior nesting starting.

doghead
11th May 2010, 11:51
Two pair of peewits nesting there for sure.

Div
11th May 2010, 12:57
I'm sure the club could get KC to sort out any animal related issues and he would ensure they dont go to waste.

forward ref
11th May 2010, 13:02
Two pair of peewits nesting there for sure.

Yes I think they're ones running the contract.

stoneislander
11th May 2010, 15:55
imo the only way well see any matches in the new ground next year is if someone drops a box of swan vestas on the site

steve
11th May 2010, 16:02
Basically from the planning application i showed in an earlier post it would appear that the developers have failed to carry out many of the pre conditions in the planning document before planning permission is fully approved. As a result they tried to get some knocked on the head to speed things up.

That bit isn't quite right. Planning permission is fully approved. However as most of those 73 conditions start with the words 'No development, except for site preparation, shall take place until....', Langtree have to get those conditions approved by the planning department before the development can start. The planning application you mentioned in an earlier post was Langtree trying to change the wording of those 5 or 6 conditions to allow work to commence while negotiations continue to take place to satisfy those particular conditions. That application, as you pointed out, has been withdrawn. I have no idea why but it could be that the Langtree have now got the information together to get those conditions approved (which would be the best case scenario), or simply the planners told them they didn't stand a chance in getting the conditions altered (which would be the worst case scenario because nothing can happen until Langtree complete the negotiations they are in with whoever). Hope that explains the planning bit, and does go to show that there is stuff going on - its just nobody is bothering to tell us what it is.

The Chair Maker
11th May 2010, 22:11
That bit isn't quite right. Planning permission is fully approved. However as most of those 73 conditions start with the words 'No development, except for site preparation, shall take place until....', Langtree have to get those conditions approved by the planning department before the development can start. The planning application you mentioned in an earlier post was Langtree trying to change the wording of those 5 or 6 conditions to allow work to commence while negotiations continue to take place to satisfy those particular conditions. That application, as you pointed out, has been withdrawn. I have no idea why but it could be that the Langtree have now got the information together to get those conditions approved (which would be the best case scenario), or simply the planners told them they didn't stand a chance in getting the conditions altered (which would be the worst case scenario because nothing can happen until Langtree complete the negotiations they are in with whoever). Hope that explains the planning bit, and does go to show that there is stuff going on - its just nobody is bothering to tell us what it is.

Thanks, I knew it was along those lines, it was the specific "legalise" around the planning permission bit i was unsure of.
It does make me sceptical that we will even see anyhting happening at all this summer re building on the site.

Just to add to this sense of gloom. i have looked at the travel plan documents relating to exclusion 27 and they are dated the 10th May 2010
Other documents have been submitted by Langtree then rejected by the planning department for not being upto scratch. In the case of the travel plan they are on the 3rd submission.
IMO Its starting to look pretty shabby from Langtrees and their agents point of view, especially considering they have had since December to get these things sorted.

Some of the mistakes being made are simple stuff like getting the frequency of trains from St.Helens Central wrong. This isnt rocket science folks. If people cant undertake such straight forward activities with a degree of accuracy, then it doesnt bode well for actually managing the site construction process.

Dicko
11th May 2010, 22:52
Trouble is Chair probably half the people involved with drawing up all the details on behalf of Langtree wont even know where St.Helens is unless the Google it.

jefmeister2004
12th May 2010, 12:16
Yes I think they're ones running the contract.

:D :D now that is funny ! Peewits just rolls off the tongue as effortlessly f**kwits

doghead
12th May 2010, 14:56
Thanks, I knew it was along those lines, it was the specific "legalise" around the planning permission bit i was unsure of.
It does make me sceptical that we will even see anyhting happening at all this summer re building on the site.

Just to add to this sense of gloom. i have looked at the travel plan documents relating to exclusion 27 and they are dated the 10th May 2010
Other documents have been submitted by Langtree then rejected by the planning department for not being upto scratch. In the case of the travel plan they are on the 3rd submission.
IMO Its starting to look pretty shabby from Langtrees and their agents point of view, especially considering they have had since December to get these things sorted.

Some of the mistakes being made are simple stuff like getting the frequency of trains from St.Helens Central wrong. This isnt rocket science folks. If people cant undertake such straight forward activities with a degree of accuracy, then it doesnt bode well for actually managing the site construction process.

Chair you have just about got it right, some Pre Condition have not yet been met.

PM sent.

saintjames
12th May 2010, 17:11
It's a disgrace. Hopefully Saints have the appropriate overrun compensation clauses in place.

wardies love child
12th May 2010, 18:39
I doubt it as the contingency is stobart or wherever and if the planning of the stadia is a monumental cock up you can bet the contingency and delayed costs are a mockery as well. The principal contractor is clear as I see it until construction programme is submitted and that will tie in with availability of full access etc but any contractor at the moment I reckon would like to get on site asap and do what they can as it turns over cash flow for them.
Langtree are probably the ones who have ballsed it up.

wardies love child
12th May 2010, 18:41
I doubt it as the contingency is stobart or wherever and if the planning of the stadia is a monumental cock up you can bet the contingency and delayed costs are a mockery as well. The principal contractor is clear as I see it until construction programme is submitted and that will tie in with availability of full access etc but any contractor at the moment I reckon would like to get on site asap and do what they can as it turns over cash flow for them.

Buddy
12th May 2010, 18:53

You can say that again :)

wardies love child
12th May 2010, 21:01
You can say that again :)

ha ha. Builders fingers and Iphones don't work really that well, or mine certainly don't

The Chair Maker
12th May 2010, 22:19
To give a bit more detail about what Langtree are required to submit before work can begin include following:-

Handling of soil resources
Waste management plan
Energy efficiency
Conservation management plan re the bottle shop
Disposal of foul water
Surface water regulation
Relocation of newts
Presence of badgers on site
Eradication of Japanese Knotweed
Tree protection plan
landscaping and planting plan
Closure of access points to site
Car parking contingency plan
Plan for emergency access link
Management of Tesco service yard
Matchday crowd movement plan during store trading hours
Widening of footway at Peasley cross lane
Highway improvement scheme on Linkway East
Construction of site access points
Detailed land stability study
Human health and environment risk assessment
Samples of construction materials
remediation strategy
project risk register

doghead
13th May 2010, 00:43
To give a bit more detail about what Langtree are required to submit before work can begin include following:-

Waste management plan
Energy efficiency
Disposal of foul water
Surface water regulation
Relocation of newts
Tree protection plan
remediation strategy
project risk register

Reply from the Council to my Email,
The developer is in the process of submitting
information in relation to conditions.

How long it will take is anybody guess, but building will only start when the Council are satisfied as to the conditions.

Show Me The Money!
13th May 2010, 10:07
Couple of bits of info in this first-person piece by Debbie Thompson in the Liverpool Daily Post (http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/ldpbusiness/business-features/2010/05/12/working-day-rugby-fashionista-is-banking-on-the-future-92534-26426899/):

Saints to go "on tour" next season - maybe more than one venue?
Naming rights are being discussed
Last game at Knowsley Road is October 6

Sean Day
13th May 2010, 10:27
Couple of bits of info in this first-person piece by Debbie Thompson in the Liverpool Daily Post (http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/ldpbusiness/business-features/2010/05/12/working-day-rugby-fashionista-is-banking-on-the-future-92534-26426899/):

Saints to go "on tour" next season - maybe more than one venue?
Naming rights are being discussed
Last game at Knowsley Road is October 6

I've learnt more reading that article than I have in the last year!

volls_dad
13th May 2010, 11:20

Waste management plan
Energy efficiency
Disposal of foul water
Surface water regulation
Relocation of newts
Tree protection plan
remediation strategy
project risk register

I'm not a "building man" like some on here and so I don't know whether this list of outstanding questions can be answered simply, or not. It certainly looks like there is a hell of a long way to go before work can start - is this sort of list "usual" in big contracts or are we looking at a c*ck up of enormous proportions?

doghead
13th May 2010, 12:14
I'm not a "building man" like some on here and so I don't know whether this list of outstanding questions can be answered simply, or not. It certainly looks like there is a hell of a long way to go before work can start - is this sort of list "usual" in big contracts or are we looking at a c*ck up of enormous proportions?

That is the full list of Conditions that can stop the Contractors starting the Stadium/Texco, most have been sorted already, The Chair Maker rekons 5 have yet to be sorted, if I read him right.

doghead
13th May 2010, 12:16
I've learnt more reading that article than I have in the last year!

Is right, I feel much better reading that already.

four restaurants.

Chris Saint
13th May 2010, 12:38
Very nice to hear so much is already sorted/in the pipeline - I think you will hear the collective sigh of relief and contentment with that spade first goes in the ground!

I hope they can get a decent brand to name the stadium - Colquitt is from Gillette and our recent board additions must have some big named contacts

I wouldn't mind her job too!

yogi bear
13th May 2010, 12:41
It's a disgrace. Hopefully Saints have the appropriate overrun compensation clauses in place.

I know this may be after the horse has bolted but why was a condition of staying at KR until the new stadium is ready never put into the plans ? I'm pretty sure Tesco St Helens will not be moving to Widnes (or wherever) until the new store opens .

Didn't something like this happen to Swinton in the 90's when they sold Station Rd and a new place never materialised ?

For months now I have been one of the people saying "don't worry - its all coming" but more and more my glass is looking half empty . :-(

The Hoss
13th May 2010, 12:44
For months now I have been one of the people saying "don't worry - its all coming" but more and more my glass is looking half empty . :-(

Ive been saying the same mate... And im strarting to fell the same too... Was up that end last night, and well, o say i was shocked and dissapointed to see what the site looks like is an understatement.

The Chair Maker
13th May 2010, 12:45
That is the full list of Conditions that can stop the Contractors starting the Stadium/Texco, most have been sorted already, The Chair Maker rekons 5 have yet to be sorted, if I read him right.

nope dont know how many have been sorted.
Reason being some docs submitted by langtree refer direct to conditions but many dont. It could be that the docs on there already cover most of the conditions, however in a worst case scenario it could be that only a handfull have so far been met.

The best people to answer that question would be St.Helens planning department. As im sure they are slowly putting ticks in boxes so to speak as langtree supply the required info

Talk some sense!
13th May 2010, 12:55
I thik it's safe to say we'll not see any action at the new stadium in 2011 and just look forward to starting the 2012 season at the new place, if i'm honest i'd rather us start a season there than finish one. And by looking at it this way it avoids any dissapoinment when the ground isn't up by the middle of next year.

I know a lot of people aren't impressed with the lack of communication from teh club, but you've got to think that they're possibly in a similar situation to us in that they're chasing for news and information but not getting it, or not getting enough to be able to give the fans a decent overview of the situation.

Maybe it's a bit naive to look at it this way but i'd rather we got a stadium worthy of our club having waited a bit longer to have it all done properley than have us jump into one of those hastily errected Haliwell Jones jobbies.

Patience is key for me, I know not everyone will agree but it's just the way I see it.

doghead
13th May 2010, 12:58
Very nice to hear so much is already sorted/in the pipeline - I think you will hear the collective sigh of relief and contentment with that spade first goes in the ground!

I hope they can get a decent brand to name the stadium - Colquitt is from Gillette and our recent board additions must have some big named contacts

I wouldn't mind her job too!

chris, did you get my PM.

Div
13th May 2010, 13:24
At some point the club will have to be more open about where we are with the plans.

A massive part of the clubs cashflow in the close season must be from advance season ticket sales and fans need to know where those 'home' games are going to be played. I do suspect that if no concessions are made in this respect in terms of pricing then given additional costs for travelling to ' home' games may become an issue for some more especially if its a full season on the road.

forward ref
13th May 2010, 16:01
This is hellishly frustrating

forward ref
13th May 2010, 16:17
Debbie Thompson says:
"It is so exciting to see the visualisations of the new stadium. I know we are just about to break ground, so to see how it will look is very exciting."

Is that the bloomin' visualisation we were all promised a look at? I'm glad she's so happy to see it but how about letting us have a look at it Debbie?

Chris Saint
13th May 2010, 18:11
Debbie Thompson says:
"It is so exciting to see the visualisations of the new stadium. I know we are just about to break ground, so to see how it will look is very exciting."

Is that the bloomin' visualisation we were all promised a look at? I'm glad she's so happy to see it but how about letting us have a look at it Debbie?

http://www.clickliverpool.com/business/business-features/129071-liverpool-tour-guides-brush-up-on-their-knowledge-of-st-helens.html

It appeares she is not the only one with access to presentations! Hopefully a public viewing will be set up at some point but I'd rather just see work starting now

And doghead got it thanks reply sent shortly.

djgazza
14th May 2010, 12:02
A Langtree guy came into our office last Friday, something to do with turning off electricity to change supply. On asking when the stadium would be ready and he basically said you could forget next season

The Hoss
14th May 2010, 14:48
A Langtree guy came into our office last Friday, something to do with turning off electricity to change supply. On asking when the stadium would be ready and he basically said you could forget next season

Looking at the site i 100% agree with you mate... Even if they started building right this second it wouldn tbe ready.... Looks like were looking at 2012 with the new stadium! Surely Eamon should be kicking arses and making phone calls to hury the situation up! but like our good old club, the fans are always kept in the dark over these things!

Really dont fancy travelling 13 homes games to Leigh, Widnes or Bolton, or where ever they put us!

doghead
14th May 2010, 16:24
Another working week over and "sweet fanny adams".

Paul Newlove
14th May 2010, 17:19
2 quick questions if anyone knows,Who are the actual company that's going to build on Knowsley Road ?, and in a word who is responsible for the delay with the new stadium?

Spider Ski
14th May 2010, 17:21
Just to give a little perspective. Salford were a couple of years ahead of us in terms of permissions and stuff, and they'll only be breaking ground in the next month.

Dicko
14th May 2010, 17:44
2 quick questions if anyone knows,Who are the actual company that's going to build on Knowsley Road ?, and in a word who is responsible for the delay with the new stadium?

Taylor Wimpey if it aint gone bust yet.

Buddy
14th May 2010, 18:36
Just to give a little perspective. Salford were a couple of years ahead of us in terms of permissions and stuff, and they'll only be breaking ground in the next month.

Perspective needed I think.

Can't we be content with the fact that work is going on?

Paul Newlove
14th May 2010, 19:35
Taylor Wimpey if it aint gone bust yet.

Are they associated with Langtree at all.

Dicko
14th May 2010, 22:52
[QUOTE=Paul Newlove;285847]Are they associated with Langtree at all.[/QUOTE

Wouldn't have thought so they are a big outfit that has fallen on hard time they went to Big then the crunch came along and the almost folded under the amount of debt they had on their books.

http://www.taylorwimpey.com/

The Chair Maker
14th May 2010, 23:57

Salford havent even got detailed plans for the stadium drawn up yet, and they have only recently put things out to tender.

Their statement is nothing more than fluff. They will get a portacabin on site, clear some bushes, move some dirt, and tell everyone they are building a stadium.

Saints plans are far more advanced than Salford.

wardies love child
15th May 2010, 09:25
Salford have peel developments behind them and they are huge as a group and pretty much own everything around the stadium. Trafford centre etc and the land you see all around the area. They will face little opposition compared to ours had. They have done so much for the Barton area and borough of Trafford. They'll know all the ins and outs already.

oldshep1960
15th May 2010, 09:49
2 quick questions if anyone knows,Who are the actual company that's going to build on Knowsley Road ?, and in a word who is responsible for the delay with the new stadium? what delay? groundworks are ahead of time and if you know anything about developing land it is the groundworks that take the most of time, if they aren't right the rest doesn't get the go ahead. i'm just made up we are this far forward !

The Chair Maker
15th May 2010, 19:59
what delay? groundworks are ahead of time and if you know anything about developing land it is the groundworks that take the most of time, if they aren't right the rest doesn't get the go ahead. i'm just made up we are this far forward !

Groundworks havent yet started at Saints, as Langtree havent yet complied with the planning conditions set by the planning department

wardies love child
15th May 2010, 20:03
Correctamundo the works arethe council side of the scheme who have actually by the looks of it are doing their bit and paperwork on time(nearly). Well done St helens mbc for once

Brimah Kebbie
15th May 2010, 22:14
From what I last heard they've still to pick a company to build the stadium so I really can't see us playing a single game at "home" next season.

forward ref
15th May 2010, 23:08
Perspective needed I think.

Can't we be content with the fact that work is going on?

Work is not going on. That's the point of all this frustration. If work was going on then you'd be reading a thread of celebration.

stoneislander
16th May 2010, 00:02
on a serious note , it is said the stadium is a fourteen month build , allowing say 3 months for delays due to weather etc , with the 2012 sl season kicking off early feb , we really need work to start by august/september this year in order to be certain of being in for the start of that season , wot do you think the chances are

The Chair Maker
16th May 2010, 00:45
on a serious note , it is said the stadium is a fourteen month build , allowing say 3 months for delays due to weather etc , with the 2012 sl season kicking off early feb , we really need work to start by august/september this year in order to be certain of being in for the start of that season , wot do you think the chances are

Getting slimmer.

I do however think your 3 month construction delay scenario is a bit of a nightmare situation. As i would expect the 14 month build time to be rather generous and include time for contingency.
However it wouldnt surprise me if it overun by a couple of weeks.

At the very least though we can be almost certain now that we wont be in the new stadium for most, if not all the regular 2011 season.
Im starting to wonder as well if we will see any work on the stadium this summer.

stoneislander
16th May 2010, 00:56
problem as i understand from relatives in the civil engineeering game is that work slows in the winter, so from say november to march we may not get much progress

wardies love child
16th May 2010, 10:46
Work slows yes but not stop. 3 months to be put on for delays is madness and I'd say not true. Wembley yes but an 18k stadium no. Once your out the ground everything will be made off site pre cast and delivered. The weather has to be so bad to cause delays it's unreal to claim for it. The contractor will move heaven and earth to get it done omtime once started. The only delay is now and that's trying to start but once started I'll be surprised if it's delayed by much unless somebody wants to make changes to what was priced originally.
As the saying goes make your mind up for what you want and stick with it. Never ask for changes to a builder as it gives them flexibility to charge and also ask for more time.
Let's hope we are right first time. Let's be honest though it's gonna happen we are just gonna wait a while longer but it'll be worth it once it's done won't it. Just think positive

stoneislander
16th May 2010, 11:43
all im saying is that unless work starts by say september we may be pushing it to get in for start of 2012

forward ref
16th May 2010, 12:33
God, this is depressing.

Please, please, please, someone cheer us all up with some good news.

Gruntfuttock
16th May 2010, 13:46
OK Apologies for the delay dues to Edinburgh and Quinns away some new pictures of the site

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/lahforum/1-1.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/lahforum/2.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/lahforum/4.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/lahforum/5-1.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/lahforum/6.jpg

And just to give you an idea of whats happened , a sort of timeline from April on the left to today on the right

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/lahforum/1strippicture.jpg

wardies love child
16th May 2010, 15:35
I like the idea of the pictures and long term they will be smashing. However short term I can see this being a negative as I see it. How many pictures of a road cone will it need for someone on here lose the plot big time and start a demonstration at Knowsley road ;-)

Paul Newlove
16th May 2010, 15:53
I have one big problem with all this stadium lark, Yes it's looking likely that 2012 will be our 1st season not 2011,not overly concerned about as that just as long as it does happen. As brilliantly as the club have done to secure the stadium I cannot believe we are leaving Knowsley Road before the stadium is ready,Is there only me who is worried about this? what a joke the club may have to play outside the town,I for one will be blooody worried if come October KR is demolished and this stadium hasn't started,I just hope we can take the hit for a season because Widnes or whoever won't let us play there for peanuts and we are bound to have reduced gates.

Elysian
16th May 2010, 16:10
I have one big problem with all this stadium lark, Yes it's looking likely that 2012 will be our 1st season not 2011,not overly concerned about as that just as long as it does happen. As brilliantly as the club have done to secure the stadium I cannot believe we are leaving Knowsley Road before the stadium is ready,Is there only me who is worried about this? what a joke the club may have to play outside the town,I for one will be blooody worried if come October KR is demolished and this stadium hasn't started,I just hope we can take the hit for a season because Widnes or whoever won't let us play there for peanuts and we are bound to have reduced gates.

Staying at KR another season was never an option for a health and saftey point of view or a financial persepctive. Its a ball-ache that we have to play at Leigh/Widnes/Liverpool but it'll be well worth it come 2012.

stoneislander
16th May 2010, 17:25
the clubs finances will take an absolute hammering being on the road , with reduced gates and paying rent , i wouldnt expect too many signings for next year

Elysian
16th May 2010, 18:02
the clubs finances will take an absolute hammering being on the road , with reduced gates and paying rent , i wouldnt expect too many signings for next year

Possibly offset by the sum we pay to keep Knowsley Road hospitable? Rumoured to be up to a six figure sum.

Paul Newlove
16th May 2010, 18:08
Possibly offset by the sum we pay to keep Knowsley Road hospitable? Rumoured to be up to a six figure sum.

I can't see the upkeep of KR being as much as renting a stadium

Elysian
16th May 2010, 18:24

It won't be as much but its a cost we won't have to fork out. We're not renting a stadium don't forget, we'll simply give an amount of the gate money to either Widnes, Leigh or whoever it may be.

I'm sure that the club, long term, will have had a contingency plan in place for this exact possibility.

doghead
16th May 2010, 18:55

Saints leave KR the 1st of January, the club need the dosh they will get for their part of the new stadium, here's the best bit, KR cant be demolished till the new stadium is built.

stoneislander
16th May 2010, 20:37
either way were forking money out , look at this way weve had two full houses at kr this year of 17,500, widnes holds approx 14000 , so a total of 7000 fans at say £15 a go equates to £105,000 lost revenue before we pay our rent , itll cost us a fortune

ploughman
16th May 2010, 21:02
either way were forking money out , look at this way weve had two full houses at kr this year of 17,500, widnes holds approx 14000 , so a total of 7000 fans at say £15 a go equates to £105,000 lost revenue before we pay our rent , itll cost us a fortune

they will play the bigger games at bigger venues,surely?

CHANNEL22
16th May 2010, 21:05

I am sure EM said it cost £250k a year to keep up with Ground Safety Cert

stoneislander
16th May 2010, 21:05

maybe but it depends when the games against warrington and wigan are scheduled for , anytime between feb-march or august-september and i doubt lfc,efc or bolton will let us play on there precious pitches and even if they did it would mean paying out even more to rent these grounds

CHANNEL22
16th May 2010, 21:07

If we are at Widnes/Leigh/elsewhere would there not be an increase in the "Prawn Sandwich" gang offsetting the loss of 7000 fans. A sad way to look at it but thats the world we are in

stoneislander
16th May 2010, 21:10
If we are at Widnes/Leigh/elsewhere would there not be an increase in the "Prawn Sandwich" gang offsetting the loss of 7000 fans. A sad way to look at it but thats the world we are in

have to sell an awful lot of prawn sandwiches to make up that kind of money , besides are the corporate facilities any good at widnes or leigh, dont forget as well how many fans will be put off travelling to some of the lesser games against sat quins or cats , especially if theyre on sky

ploughman
16th May 2010, 21:11

Fair comment,a lot more corporate facilities there than at KR

forward ref
17th May 2010, 10:34
I was told by someone who seems to know what goes on behind the scenes at Widnes that they asked for £40k a game from Saints. Although I don't know if that includes policing too, as that can be a big chunk of the money.

the priest
17th May 2010, 11:44
have to sell an awful lot of prawn sandwiches to make up that kind of money , besides are the corporate facilities any good at widnes or leigh, dont forget as well how many fans will be put off travelling to some of the lesser games against sat quins or cats , especially if theyre on sky

Its Dairylea butties at Widnes isnt it?

doghead
17th May 2010, 17:32
Mr Whittle.

Langtree have a number of conditions yet to resolve. It is my understanding that the majority will be dealt with by the appointed contractor. The information submitted to date by Langtree in relation to conditions is available to view on the Council's website. Work will be able to start once the issues are resolved.

The Link I have for the Stadium dosen't work anymore, anybody got a link.

Chris Saint
17th May 2010, 17:42
Mr Whittle.

Langtree have a number of conditions yet to resolve. It is my understanding that the majority will be dealt with by the appointed contractor. The information submitted to date by Langtree in relation to conditions is available to view on the Council's website. Work will be able to start once the issues are resolved.

Pretty much the same as what I have heard, that hopefully we are not too far away... (heard that before though)

do you mean this link? http://www.sthelensstadium.com/pages/contact.htm

doghead
17th May 2010, 17:51
Pretty much the same as what I have heard, that hopefully we are not too far away... (heard that before though)

do you mean this link? http://www.sthelensstadium.com/pages/contact.htm

No its the one for the Council web site, the one I have been using from the the day the stadium plans went on line, dont work anymore.

Like this one for the bridge.

http://llpgport.oltps.sthelens.gov.uk:8080/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=67814

Chris Saint
17th May 2010, 17:57
No its the one for the Council web site, the one I have been using from the the day the stadium plans went on line, dont work anymore.

Like this one for the bridge.

http://llpgport.oltps.sthelens.gov.uk:8080/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=50095

I've been usig this one to browse what conditions have been discharged hth

Paul Newlove
17th May 2010, 18:13
Saints leave KR the 1st of January, the club need the dosh they will get for their part of the new stadium, here's the best bit, KR cant be demolished till the new stadium is built.

What ? have I read that right? we HAVE to leave but Knowsley Road CANT be demolished ! what the hell is all that about

doghead
17th May 2010, 19:40
What ? have I read that right? we HAVE to leave but Knowsley Road CANT be demolished ! what the hell is all that about

http://llpgport.oltps.sthelens.gov.uk:8080/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=50095

S106 Heads of Terms

4 A.

Thistownneedsastadium
17th May 2010, 20:08
Mr Whittle.

Thanks for all your efforts in keeping people updated. Like other fans, I am worried about the new stadium. Hopefully, a contractor will be appointed asap and an updated timetable can be made available to all fans.

DD
17th May 2010, 20:46

Why?

Just because we got 17,500 at Knowsley Road for the Wigan and Warrington games does not mean that those 14,000 Saints fans will all trek to Widnes. Far from it. A 14,000 capacity will easily be enough.

Playing a season at Widnes is likely to knock about 3-4,000 off every single game.

Work out how much we are going to lose out of that. It's frightening!

doghead
17th May 2010, 20:54
Just been looking at the Council Web site thanks to Chris Saints for the new link, It looks like there are only 3 Conditions left.

Condition number 40, badgers on site, a dead Badger was found in the bottle shop 2006, they think it came off the railway line, two further surveys have found nowt, recomended that one further servey two weeks before building starts.
Condition number 27, travel plan, looks like Arcadis have had a few attempts at this one, anyway they have submitted another dated 10th May. after the Council pointed out their mistakes.
Condition 19, Tesco Service yard, it about supply wagon on match day, Tesco have said there will be none.

Thistownneedsastadium
17th May 2010, 21:19
Fingers crossed for good news soon then

Lex
17th May 2010, 21:20
Just been looking at the Council Web site thanks to Chris Saints for the new link, It looks like there are only 3 Conditions left.

Condition number 40, badgers on site, a dead Badger was found in the bottle shop 2006, they think it came off the railway line, two further surveys have found nowt, recomended that one further servey two weeks before building starts.
Condition number 27, travel plan, looks like Arcadis have had a few attempts at this one, anyway they have submitted another dated 10th May. after the Council pointed out their mistakes.
Condition 19, Tesco Service yard, it about supply wagon on match day, Tesco have said there will be none.
Every little helps !!

wardies love child
17th May 2010, 21:25
Spooky as I have a dead badger on railway track of my job. Did not stop it though but if keiron is bored at any point next week I could think he could do with some target practice to keep his finger on the trigger so to say;-)

SaintPeter
17th May 2010, 21:30
Every little helps !!

Hahahaha!! Every little helps;):p

stoneislander
18th May 2010, 09:57
so after the badgers have been sorted what will be the next problem ...... wrong type of dirt to dig in ?, wrong type of sun to lay concrete ? ffs all we want is something official from the club to tell us were we are up to

wardies love child
18th May 2010, 12:45
I'd be interested to know if material/ plant costs were fixed and for how long. The cost of steel is rising by a considerable amount at the moment.