PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Eastmond

Pages : [1] 2

60s supporter
25th February 2011, 20:49
Looks like it after the first half ,,he looks frightened to death of taking the line on, and cannot create anything with short sharp passes, no creativity whatsoever

Rest havent done much better,proves he cannot lead the team round the park, lets get a scrum half that can and quick

The Wee Waa Womble
25th February 2011, 20:51
Every time he does take it into contact he comes up wincing. Looks like he's going to get injured every tackle.

Darren Bloor
25th February 2011, 20:52
According to Stevo he has:

"Tomorrow it will be announced that he's going to Rugby Union"

Stevo is full of guff, but I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Glenn
25th February 2011, 20:55
young kid gaskell has had a good first half well impressed with his 1st half display.......kyle has only ran at the line once in that 1st half poor very poor

mrlaalaa
25th February 2011, 20:58
I must agree, although i really thought eastmond would stay...after that 40 minutes...he has already backed his boots...

OoOGazOoO
25th February 2011, 21:14
Whoever said Eastmond's head wasn't on the job, is absolutely correct.

Embarrasing effort from him again, no application at all.

Glenn
25th February 2011, 21:23
Whoever said Eastmond's head wasn't on the job, is absolutely correct.

Embarrasing effort from him again, no application at all.

after this performance tonight he wont be missed, should let him go now he's let his self down big time

The Wee Waa Womble
25th February 2011, 21:46
Take the money for him and get rid now.

stevep300
25th February 2011, 21:46
After his p*ss poor performance and apparently being on the pitch for 80 minutes tonight, as far as I'm concerned he can f**k off tomorrow!!!!

TheWazzer
25th February 2011, 21:48
According to Stevo he has:

"Tomorrow it will be announced that he's going to Rugby Union"

Stevo is full of guff, but I guess we'll see tomorrow.

If he was going to stay he would have said by now ................... bye bye Eastmond :whistling:

Talk some sense!
25th February 2011, 21:50
Lost a lot of respect for him tonight.

I've always backed him but if he is to show that level of committment and application for the remainder of his career then he will leave with very few fans if any.

No desire, no will to win, no creativity no nothing tonight.

EDIT: Bath to be announced now/tomorrow.......

johnnyl
25th February 2011, 21:51
Take the money for him and get rid now.

your assuming that there is money on offer to take him right now

wabo
Bit unfair to get on Eastmonds back with so much vigour after that. We were awful from 1-17, Graham and Wellens were just as bad if not worse. This was Wires cup final and you could tell they were really up for it. That is the best Warrington performance I have ever seen by any Warrington side, they were fantastic in defence until they tired late on and let in some sloppy tries.

The Wee Waa Womble
redvee on twitter "Eastmond walks off alone, whilst All 16 Saints players applaud crowd. Kyle can **** off,he should never play again for us again, prob won't."

I agree

Greengrass
25th February 2011, 21:52
I must agree, although i really thought eastmond would stay...after that 40 minutes...he has already backed his boots...

I don't know about backed his boots I hope he's packed his boots.

brook
25th February 2011, 21:52
Like i said in a different thread,if he is unable or unwilling to give 100% on the pitch then he has no place there,its the 3rd match in a row he has looked uninterested and unwilling to take the line on.Potnetial talent is great,but if its not going to be used well then its bugger all use to anyone

stevep300
25th February 2011, 21:53

I think they might be withdrawing all terms and possible salary after tonight

TheWazzer
25th February 2011, 21:54

Why take him now when they can have a supposedly world class player for nowt in 8 months time.

NortonSaint
25th February 2011, 21:57
One man doesn't make a team, there were 16 others out there tonight. Wire played very well especially in defence.

djdegsy
25th February 2011, 21:57
redvee on twitter "Eastmond walks off alone, whilst All 16 Saints players applaud crowd. Kyle can **** off,he should never play again for us again, prob won't."

I agree

unfortunatly i reckon we`ll be stuck with the little s*$t for the rest of the reason

Talk some sense!
25th February 2011, 21:58

I agree

If thats the case he's clearly got his head elsewhere.

OoOGazOoO
25th February 2011, 21:59
Bit unfair to get on Eastmonds back with so much vigour after that. We were awful from 1-17, Graham and Wellens were just as bad if not worse. This was Wires cup final and you could tell they were really up for it. That is the best Warrington performance I have ever seen by any Warrington side, they were fantastic in defence until they tired late on and let in some sloppy tries.

No it isn't.

He was absolutely crap.

You can tell that his mind is not on the job, that is more than clear to see.

wabo
25th February 2011, 22:00
One man doesn't make a team, there were 16 others out there tonight. Wire played very well especially in defence.

Correct, if Eastmond was that disinterested would Simmons pick him? I very much doubt it.

If Eastmond was so disintersted would he bother giving Gardner a load of abuse for faliling to collect a pretty simple pass off the deck? I think not. The bile being spouted against Eastmond on here tonight is ridiculous. But I guess someone has to fill Harry Potter's shoes.

parrp
Empty shirt tonight

stevep300

Wellens played his heart out and saved two tries from what I saw

wabo
25th February 2011, 22:02
No it isn't.

He was absolutely crap.

You can tell that his mind is not on the job, that is more than clear to see.

If Eastmond was so disintersted would he bother giving Gardner a load of abuse for faliling to collect a pretty simple pass off the deck
Would Simmons pick him?

He looked a lot more interested than a number of others. Problem is Kyle is public enemy number 1 and cant do anything

brook
25th February 2011, 22:03
Wabo yes the whole team were poor,but Eastmod is supposed to be an organiser and a play maker and he simply isnt doing the job,yes he yelled at Gardner but it was a poor pass in the 1st place,yelling at people is fine if you yourself are putting in the effort but he simply isnt.

wabo
25th February 2011, 22:04
Wellens played his heart out and saved two tries from what I saw

Wellens looks 1 yard too slow in the head and 3 yards too slow with his feet. Nothing in attack absolutely nothing, and laboured in defence.

Talk some sense!
25th February 2011, 22:04
Correct, if Eastmond was that disinterested would Simmons pick him? I very much doubt it.

If Eastmond was so disintersted would he bother giving Gardner a load of abuse for faliling to collect a pretty simple pass off the deck? I think not. The bile being spouted against Eastmond on here tonight is ridiculous. But I guess someone has to fill Harry Potter's shoes.

Sorry Wabo I disagree.

For the last couple of weeks his committment has been questioned and i've stuck up for him, he had the chance tonight to silence some critics/doubters but has instead not helped his cause.

The fact his decision to move away is due any day now doesn't help either, if anything he should have really got involved tonight to prove a point. he didn't

OoOGazOoO
25th February 2011, 22:05
If Eastmond was so disintersted would he bother giving Gardner a load of abuse for faliling to collect a pretty simple pass off the deck
Would Simmons pick him?

He looked a lot more interested than a number of others. Problem is Kyle is public enemy number 1 and cant do anything

A pass which Kyle should have made sure went to the man and not the floor you mean...

Reacher
25th February 2011, 22:05
Mate you normally post a lot of sense but he was garbage. His shirt was still clean at half time and he barely took the line on. Same old simple drop off pass and a couple of high bombs taken well by Hodgson. Barely touched the ball all game.

saint AKM
25th February 2011, 22:06

A pretty simple pass..................it was another lazy arse pass from a uninterested player!!! Withdraw his terms immediately and never let him pull on a Saints jersey again!!

wabo
25th February 2011, 22:06
Wabo yes the whole team were poor,but Eastmod is supposed to be an organiser and a play maker and he simply isnt doing the job,yes he yelled at Gardner but it was a poor pass in the 1st place,yelling at people is fine if you yourself are putting in the effort but he simply isnt.

Eastmond is 21. Has played 2/3 disjointed seasons and is coming into the side from a lengthy injury layoff without his regular, vastly more experienced and usual organiser halfback partner.

Was Sean Long the organiser at 21?

Buddy
25th February 2011, 22:07
Uninterested, ponderous & cowardly.

I am appalled by what I saw from him tonight.

wabo
25th February 2011, 22:07
A pass which Kyle should have made sure went to the man and not the floor you mean...

That bounced into a supposed professional athletes hands

The Captain
25th February 2011, 22:08
The fact that he walked off and completely ignored the fans whilst the rest of the team applauded the crowd, speaks a thousand words about his attitude.

stevep300
25th February 2011, 22:08
Wellens looks 1 yard too slow in the head and 3 yards too slow with his feet. Nothing in attack absolutely nothing, and laboured in defence.

That may well be the case but he was still in the right place at the right time and for me that is all that counts

Saint Jasper
25th February 2011, 22:09

which is why he saved two certain tries, snatching them from Wire which would have given the final score a more balanced look than the one we ended up with...not sure exactly which Wellens you were watching but it wasn't that one!

Darren Bloor
25th February 2011, 22:10
Eastmond is 21. Has played 2/3 disjointed seasons and is coming into the side from a lengthy injury layoff without his regular, vastly more experienced and usual organiser halfback partner.

Was Sean Long the organiser at 21?

He has time to become an organiser, and is not one yet, so he needs to hit the line which he isn't doing.

stevep300
25th February 2011, 22:11
which is why he saved two certain tries, snatching them from Wire which would have given the final score a more balanced look than the one we ended up with...not sure exactly which Wellens you were watching but it wasn't that one!

I'm glad someone else saw the same Wellens playing as me tonight

wabo
Mate you normally post a lot of sense but he was garbage. His shirt was still clean at half time and he barely took the line on. Same old simple drop off pass and a couple of high bombs taken well by Hodgson. Barely touched the ball all game.

And i still am ;)

I'm not saying he wasnt garbage, he was they all were. But people are trying to say Gaskell played well, Wellens played well. They didnt, none of them did. There were a few who looked a lot less interested than Eastmond.

The way people are going after Eastmond is sickening, I wouldnt blame him for ••••ing off, seems the only way he can keep the natives happy is by scoring at least 400 points a game and buying everyone a pint afterwards.

They were all **** poor, Roby has been on fire this year, didnt scoot once to try and catch the markers out.

seanyg123
Kyle walking off is an absolute disgrace.... Fans pay good money to watch the team and win or lose will still be their. So support from the players should always be shown, just as we support them! If he goes then he goes, but if he stays ( which I personally doubt) then he needs to buck his ideas up. On a lighter note, wilkin was good and gaskelldidnt look to bad.

stevep300

brook
25th February 2011, 22:15
And i still am ;)

I'm not saying he wasnt garbage, he was they all were. But people are trying to say Gaskell played well, Wellens played well. They didnt, none of them did. There were a few who looked a lot less interested than Eastmond.

The way people are going after Eastmond is sickening, I wouldnt blame him for ••••ing off, seems the only way he can keep the natives happy is by scoring at least 400 points a game and buying everyone a pint afterwards.

They were all **** poor, Roby has been on fire this year, didnt scoot once to try and catch the markers out.

People are going after Eastmond because he isnt or wont give 100% its that bloody simple,HE DOESNT LOOK BOTHERED and thats why people are getting on his back,i dont mind people playing badly if they at least give the effort but for the 3rd game in a row he didnt.Playing the hes coming back from injury card is weak to,lots of people do can you imagine Wello never giving 100% after injury ? and thats the crux of the problem with Eastmond the lack of heart and effort.

wabo
25th February 2011, 22:15

would they be the two "certain" tries where firstly the ball was nearly over the line then monaghan knocked it out, and the second one blythe lost it and it bounced into wellens hands, he knew •••• all about it.

look i dont wanna slag wellens off, but people are on here proclaiming wellens did this wellens did that, when he did •••• all, but they dont wanna admit because they like wellens.

eastmond doesnt get cut the same slack, its one rule for one player and one rule for another. always gotta be a scape goat.

we were shite and wire were fantastic, get over it.

if eastmond hadve looked more interested we still wouldnt have won, they were that good.

sainttilidie1189
25th February 2011, 22:16
Kyle walking off is an absolute disgrace, but all every1 is doing on here is getting on the lads back! hes 21 years old hes got his agent telling him to go for the money and he's got to chose between his head and his heart. its a life changing decision, theres more money for him union but he could be world class for us for many years to come. Too many people are giving him too much stick for tonights performance he was no better or worse than our world class stars Roby and Graham. We just weren't at races tonight and its not good for the lad to walk off after game as we get behind them as fans but the lads getting unjustified abuse considering other players were just as bad tonight! Wellens is only person I think who can hold his head high he stopped a couple of try opportunities, mr reliable as per usual!

NortonSaint
25th February 2011, 22:16
The wire kicking game tonight was ace, they seemed to hit the grass everytime while we kicked straight into ther hands. That makes all the difference, until we start to kick with purpose instead of just hoofing it in the general direction of their line then we are going to struggle.

rally
25th February 2011, 22:20
Eastmond out! The one player we need to lead us about the park and he can't even do that! I think its about time Simmons grows some coconuts and drops him.

parrp
25th February 2011, 22:28
Eastmond out! The one player we need to lead us about the park and he can't even do that! I think its about time Simmons grows some coconuts and drops him.
I'd like to drop him to.... But maybe not in same way

parrsaint
25th February 2011, 22:28
On the Bath RU fanzone its mentioned that in The Times newspaper today Eastmond is off to Bath on a 3 year deal and it will be announced By Bath tomorrow on Saturday.

If its true it comes as no surprise. One of the staff at Saints told me six weeks ago that he was likely to go based on the offer they had made as Saints would struggle to match it.

Buddy
25th February 2011, 22:31
On the Bath RU fanzone its mentioned that in The Times newspaper today Eastmond is off to Bath on a 3 year deal and it will be announced By Bath tomorrow on Saturday.

If its true it comes as no surprise. One of the staff at Saints told me six weeks ago that he was likely to go based on the offer they had made as Saints would struggle to match it.

Why would they match it??

It's a great shame because he has talent, but I get the feeling his career wil not hit the heights it should if he continues to chase pound signs without being prepared to prove himself

Rogues Gallery
25th February 2011, 22:39
I've had a lot to say re Eastmond over the years, both for and against.

However to blame him tonight is out of order. You need to look at this (best pack in Superleague according to many Saints fans)
It was battered tonight, so much so that Wire had the luxury of giving Morley 40 minutes rest.

I felt sorry for both Gaskell & Eastmond, they had very little decent ball to play with.

sonny nuckles
25th February 2011, 22:41
well he can sod off for me. his attitude stinks. he has has shown glimpses of brilliance during his 2/3 seasons but not enough to be put to the level he believes he at.
tonight he just waved his arms shouted alot but did sweet FA and what annoyed me was the show he made when ade dropped his pass. There seemes to be abit of moaning and finger pointing with the players tonight and that is not usual for us.
just leave him out for the rest of the season basically and show him the same respect he seems to be showing the club. I suspect he isnt on mega money as he will still be on the contract he signed when he was younger so its not as though we will be paying him alot for playing in the A team.

SaintTrotter
25th February 2011, 22:42

However to blame him tonight is out of order. You need to look at this (best pack in Superleague according to many Saints fans)
It was battered tonight, so much so that Wire had the luxury of giving Morley 40 minutes rest.

I felt sorry for both Gaskell & Eastmond, they had very little decent ball to play with.

Spot on. Phil Clarke said we have the best front row in SL! Smashed all over the show tnite, no energy or aggression in defence either, woeful performance and many more like it on the horizon, we've had our glory years....

parrsaint
25th February 2011, 22:43
Why would they match it??

I have no idea whether they would match it or would not be able to. I am merely repeating what I was told by someone who works at Saints in a senior position.

It's a great shame because he has talent, but I get the feeling his career wil not hit the heights it should if he continues to chase pound signs without being prepared to prove himself

oldun
25th February 2011, 22:47

Yep backs can't play behind a beaten pack and ours certainly was well beaten tonight

steve
25th February 2011, 22:56

We may have been mullered in the pack - but as when we played Wigan at Cardiff we had more than enough opportunities which is when we needed Eastmond to stand up and create. In the first half we had 4 back to back sets on the Warrington line. We were held up 3 times over the line. All those chances gone a begging for the want of a better creative half back - which is exactly how Wire ended up 18 -0 up with a couple on excellent kicks.

You also seem to fail to understand that the reason Eastmond is getting so much stick on here and elsewhere is because of his behaviour at the end of the game towards the Saints fans. The players of all teams always respond to their fans whatever the result. To slink off the way he did is nothing short of disgraceful. Quite simply what is the point in him staying to play if his mind is already on next years job, and staying injury free for Bath/Sale rugby union?

Laner
25th February 2011, 22:56
Eastmond was poor and for me it wasn't just his lack of effort, it was his passing. They are like little lobs that float through the air rather than a really crisp pass that goes to hands and hits the chest hard. The pass to Grdner was typical.

If he does sign and we are stuck with him for the rest of the season, I would cut our losses and stick him on gardening leave. It would seem that Bath won't pay for him now and he isn't giving any effort, so let him go. This happens all the time in the real working world and it should happen here.

E Saint
25th February 2011, 22:57
Yes the pack was well beaten BUT compare Eastmonds effort to Gaskell's - and im absolutely sure the OPTA stats in League Express on Monday will confirm the effort from both.

Gaskell went looking for the ball, was willing to take the line on, chase kicks etc

Eastmond wondered aimlessly behind the line, stood far too deep at first receiver, did nothing but the drop off pass which is the most obvious move in SL.

Absolute waste of a shirt, he should have been hauled off a long time before the end.

I really do hope the announcement is made tomorrow and the team/club can get on with concentrating whats important rather having this distraction hanging over us.

Dave Howarth
25th February 2011, 23:01
I hate to criticise individuals but what Eastmond did at the end is quite unforgiveable. You win as a team and you lose as a team and IMO each and everyone of them should always show their appreciation of the people who follow the team. The fact that he didn't is truly appalling. Fair play to the other 16 who did. I know he's copped a lot of flak on here but I do genuinely believe he is torn between staying or going and that might be affecting him. I believe the club now need to force his hand and make him make a decision

FWIW, Lomax and Wilkin were our better performers on what was a bad night all round.

lewisdillon
25th February 2011, 23:05
its time he went, hope he doesnt wear a saints shirt again, total lack of intrest and disrespect see ya

southernsaint7
25th February 2011, 23:05
Spot on. Phil Clarke said we have the best front row in SL! Smashed all over the show tnite, no energy or aggression in defence either, woeful performance and many more like it on the horizon, we've had our glory years....

jammer looks drained of all energy, he needs an off season. When perry comes back he has to miss some games. He might not like it but it may benefit him and us at back end of season

Re eastmond it took him 38 minutes to take the line on, he could have sparked us to life but not much worked for him...was it lack of effort? possibly, just please if you are here for the rest of the year live by your words about loving saints and wanting to win trophies otherwise you will become massively hated which would be a huge shame

Top Saint
25th February 2011, 23:06
Eastmond playing pass the parcel tonight with the ball. Doesn't play these days like the Kyle of old but I am afraid his attitude is appalling towards the fans and his team mates. I lost a lot of respect for him when he was the only player not to wear Keirons number 9 shirt last season warming up before a game. Then tonight not joining his team mates at the end. So he might have been gutted but so are we all. I have to go into work and face all the Dire fans on Monday morning.
Hope he does go the sooner the better in my opinion.

wirefox
25th February 2011, 23:08
Lets face it Saints were absolutly clueless tonight.They had no idea how to break the opposition down, their plan near the line for the last three seasons has been head down and charge,Saints were given a lesson in all departments tonight and unless they get a decent pair of half backs who can steer them around the park they will lose games that are there for the taking. The defence has coughed up 60pts in three games. Dont blame Eastmond for that,but he can be blamed for lack of commitment and indifference. Who wants a half hearted player anyway.He hardly broke sweat tonight.Give his shirt to a lad who will be proud to wear it.

Scouse Don
25th February 2011, 23:12
My God people talk some bollocks on this site sometimes.
We usually have a duff game at the start of the season. We cannot play the top sides without fit and performing half backs. I was there and have waited a bit to think about the game before posting.
I watched Kyle closely all night and he spent most of the game loitering without intent behind the line of play.I personally did'nt think Gaskell had a good game.Thought he had a bit of a mare actually.
It was only late in the game when wilkin,Flannery and Lomax started to run the angles that we had some joy.
Didnt think that the pack was beaten at all.They had loads of ground to make up because of Warringtons exellent kicking game.
We would have won with another ten minutes to play.Mainly because we started to get some quick play the balls.
We fell down because we were weak at half back on the offence.Simple as that.Our kicking game was disgraceful.Kyle was disinterested at best.His shouting at Gardner towards the end was disgraceful.Gardner worked tirelessly all night.
On top of all that they scored two fortunate tries and the fourth try was scored with the most blatant forward pass so far this season.
However we need to sort out the half back position or we will struggle.We look very fit and strong.I am sure that Simmons will have learned a lot more tonight than last week.
I fear we have problems unless we sort things out at half back.If Leon is not fit we need to do something and I would be tempted to move Lomax in to 6 and Wheeler (if fit) to SH.
It's one game and we won the last hour of it!!

Sean Day
25th February 2011, 23:14
Yes he was poor, yes so were many others. However, you cannot afford to have your scrum half moping around at the back of the play and turning up only to do a simple drop off pass that somebody out of the under 15s would be able manage.

As for walking off at the end, says it all really. The sort of attitude you would see from a spoilt brat premiership footballer rather than a man. You are either with your team or you aren't. That was the action of a yellow belly coward

The Chair Maker
25th February 2011, 23:15
I have every sympathy for Eastmond getting his fitness and confidence back to play RL.
This is his third game back and i hoped to see some improvement. I wasnt expecting him to rip it up, but just to offer something. Unfortunately I didnt see anything from him tonight.
However for him to not clap the fans who have paid his wages since he was a junior coming through the system was a disgrace. Yes im sure he was probably frightened of the barracking he might get and possibly upset at his own performance, but in sport, as in life you have to face your nightmares, not run away from them. For me it sent out a very poor message about his mental toughness, and was an insult to the fans.
The worst thing about it, is that he has now lost us the Saints fans.
Even if he decided to stay at Saints, it would take an awful lot for him to gain our respect back.

One Mal Meninga
25th February 2011, 23:18
Give him till Wednesday to sign new contract if not he should go....now. On the basis of tonight the situation is impacting on team spirit

Sean Day
25th February 2011, 23:19
At the moment he isn't worth a new contract!

Sean Day
25th February 2011, 23:24
Simmons not happy with him walking off

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=rleague/11/02/25/RUGBYL_St_Helens_Quotes.html&BID=480

Buddy
25th February 2011, 23:27

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=rleague/11/02/25/RUGBYL_St_Helens_Quotes.html&BID=480

Shame he is the only one who could have done something about his performance but didn't.

Albion
25th February 2011, 23:27

Yet again I'm liking how Simmons talks, seems to talk a lot of sense and what he has said is 100% right

rally
25th February 2011, 23:28
Eastmond playing pass the parcel tonight with the ball. Doesn't play these days like the Kyle of old but I am afraid his attitude is appalling towards the fans and his team mates. I lost a lot of respect for him when he was the only player not to wear Keirons number 9 shirt last season warming up before a game. Then tonight not joining his team mates at the end. So he might have been gutted but so are we all. I have to go into work and face all the Dire fans on Monday morning.
Hope he does go the sooner the better in my opinion.

I thought this myself last season. I thought I was the only one who spotted it because my mates didn't even see it!

wardies love child
25th February 2011, 23:29
Walked away from shenton without congratulating him too. Just turned and walked. Laughing at the fans in east stand who were trying to gee him up. He was great at pointing though. Least interested performance I've ever seen.

Chadd vinyl
25th February 2011, 23:29
My God people talk some bollocks on this site sometimes.
We usually have a duff game at the start of the season. We cannot play the top sides without fit and performing half backs. I was there and have waited a bit to think about the game before posting.
I watched Kyle closely all night and he spent most of the game loitering without intent behind the line of play.I personally did'nt think Gaskell had a good game.Thought he had a bit of a mare actually.
It was only late in the game when wilkin,Flannery and Lomax started to run the angles that we had some joy.
Didnt think that the pack was beaten at all.They had loads of ground to make up because of Warringtons exellent kicking game.
We would have won with another ten minutes to play.Mainly because we started to get some quick play the balls.
We fell down because we were weak at half back on the offence.Simple as that.Our kicking game was disgraceful.Kyle was disinterested at best.His shouting at Gardner towards the end was disgraceful.Gardner worked tirelessly all night.
On top of all that they scored two fortunate tries and the fourth try was scored with the most blatant forward pass so far this season.
However we need to sort out the half back position or we will struggle.We look very fit and strong.I am sure that Simmons will have learned a lot more tonight than last week.
I fear we have problems unless we sort things out at half back.If Leon is not fit we need to do something and I would be tempted to move Lomax in to 6 and Wheeler (if fit) to SH.
It's one game and we won the last hour of it!!

I agree with this totally. Felt sorry for gaskell obviously he was the most enthusiastic of the half backs, was unlucky with the knock ons. Thought both wingers had alright games, gardner looked liked he believed he could actually break a tackle. Not sure why Lomax was in the centres

Blue Harvest
25th February 2011, 23:30
Thought Eastmond was thinking to much and trying to take on responsability of both half back roles due to Gaskell's inexperience, which ultimately made him completely ineffective. Once Pryce is back and takes over the directing duties it'll free Eastmond up to be able to play in the reactive style which brings the most out of him. I really do fear that he's got Danny Mcguire syndrome; great support player, breaks the line well, confident, decent offload but isn't an organiser and creator!

What annoyed me more than anything tonight was his reaction to the pass he threw at Gardner - nowhere near him, hit the floor which made the ball as slippy as hell making it difficult to catch ultimatley resulting in a knock-on. Yes, i accept Gardner should have held it, but Eastmond's reaction was way out of line - I wonder if either our captains had a word with him. If you add this to his fan snub he really is showing a level of disrespect that is unacceptable. Good player that could be great if he managed to leave his ego at home, as he will fail in any team sport, league or union on current showing.

johnny_h
25th February 2011, 23:37
If I were a director at Sale or Bath, I'd have watched his performances so far and thought "hang on, £200,000? For that? I'm sorry but I think the money would be better spent elsewhere!" They are paying for 'potential', not achievement and at the moment, I'd take whatever they are offering and run.

Rogues Gallery
25th February 2011, 23:40
Last week Tony Smith substituted Lee Briers because he was "not performing" to the game plan.

Simmons had the opportunity to sub Eastmond and play Gaskell/ lomax in the halves and Foster at centre. If he was unhappy with Eastmonds performance, why didn't he?

As I said before I felt sorry for Gaskell (a player I have rated for ages) and Eastmond as they were playing behind a pack that was going backwards.

Why no criticism of Graham?

That's relating to another thread by St. Simon I think?
It was by ploughman!

parrsaint
25th February 2011, 23:42
Thought Eastmond was thinking to much and trying to take on responsability of both half back roles due to Gaskell's inexperience, which ultimately made him completely ineffective. Once Pryce is back and takes over the directing duties it'll free Eastmond up to be able to play in the reactive style which brings the most out of him. I really do fear that he's got Danny Mcguire syndrome; great support player, breaks the line well, confident, decent offload but isn't an organiser and creator!

What annoyed me more than anything tonight was his reaction to the pass he threw at Gardner - nowhere near him, hit the floor which made the ball as slippy as hell making it difficult to catch ultimatley resulting in a knock-on. Yes, i accept Gardner should have held it, but Eastmond's reaction was way out of line - I wonder if either our captains had a word with him. If you add this to his fan snub he really is showing a level of disrespect that is unacceptable. Good player that could be great if he managed to leave his ego at home, as he will fail in any team sport, league or union on current showing.

It was wrong for him to have a go at Ade Gardner like that. Yes he could have caught it but the pass was definitely not the best. (Next time Eastmond knocks on cue Gardner running over and shouting at him)
Irrespective of where his mind is at Royce needs a word with him about that.

Blue Harvest
25th February 2011, 23:54
Thought Ade Gardner could have made himself into a Saint's legend tonight by slapping the cocky little bugger after that. Think every fan would have appluaded it and brought Eastond's head out of the clouds.

The Wee Waa Womble
25th February 2011, 23:55
[/B]

It was wrong for him to have a go at Ade Gardner like that. Yes he could have caught it but the pass was definitely not the best. (Next time Eastmond knocks on cue Gardner running over and shouting at him)

He'll have a job, it's 180 miles from St Helens to Bath

Sean Day
25th February 2011, 23:55
[/B]

That was a disgrace. To be honest I think he tried to deflect the criticism of the fans onto Gardner. Ok he should have took it in, but what a cheeky get for having a go after that half arsed pass

jonnythesaint
26th February 2011, 00:00
There's very little a scrum-half can do behind a pack that gets totally dominated for the vast majority of the game.

Get a grip, folks.

jonnythesaint
26th February 2011, 00:03
[/B]

HA HA, for the last six or seven years, all you read on this forum is people having a go at Gardner. The first time a player has a go he gets call fit to burn.

Absolutely laughable.

Sean Day
26th February 2011, 00:04
There's very little a scrum-half can do behind a pack that gets totally dominated for the vast majority of the game.

Get a grip, folks.

Go beyond walking pace maybe would be a start

brook
26th February 2011, 00:05

Get a grip, folks.

taking the line on now and again would be a good start

RobyGerrard
26th February 2011, 00:08
[QUOTE=Scouse Don;333060]

I've picked out these points because this is how I saw it tonight.
Wire's kicking game was excellent - everything seemed to hit the grass & cause problems; reminded me of Australian teams.
Gaskell tried hard but I think his confidence was shot by his errors & he did indeed have a mare.
Sad that this is how it seems to be ending with Eastmond - can't say much else really!
For 70 minutes that's the poorest I've seen Saints play - I even considered a Wigan Walk but my son thankfully talked me out of it!
We don't seem to have the creativity to get over the line until the opposition tire or slack off - reminded me of Wigan at the Millenium where fortunately we got away with it; so frustrating when we were camped on Wire's line for what seemed like 10 minutes & had nowt to show for it - you could see the boost it gave them as well.
At 24-0 I lost interest completely cos we looked completely clueless - some credit then that they kept going right to the end.
Things can only get better - can't they!?
Many more performances like this & Simmons will be cast as RL's answer to Roy Hodgson.

jonnythesaint
26th February 2011, 00:12
taking the line on now and again would be a good start

"Taking on the line" is this season's "Potter's style of play"

It's complete tosh.

Has anyone gave any thought that this is how the new coach wants him to play?

Perhaps, just perhaps, he's trying to ease back to full fitness for the rigours of a long season ahead.

What's the point of him "taking on the line" in February if he gets injured and misses the business end.

I personally don't blame him for not acknowledging the fans after reading some of the nonsense on here.

Blue Harvest
26th February 2011, 00:15
That reaction was to his team mate and a deliberate attempt to pass the focus (shame that he couldn't pass the ball).

As fan's we can have opinions and share them, but when a player show's that reaction in them circumstances it leaves a bad taste. The only player i've seen do that was Roy Keane at his peak at Man Utd (about the time his ego blow up at the 2002 WC), but that was a player playing well and doing it to all his team mates not a player playing poorly trying to blame everone but himself!!

Saint Dan
26th February 2011, 00:15

It's complete tosh.

Perhaps, just perhaps, he's trying to ease back to full fitness for the rigours of a long season ahead.

What's the point of him "taking on the line" in February if he gets injured and misses the business end.

I personally don't blame him for not acknowledging the fans after reading some of the nonsense on here.

If thats the case and he physically cannot do anything other than what he did tonight then we need to get rid of Simmons not Kyle.

The point of taking on the line is that is what you need to do to win, if he can't then he shouldn't have played.

Sean Day
26th February 2011, 00:20

It's complete tosh.

Yeah, it was the coach himself a couple of weeks ago that was quoted as saying he needed to start taking the line on more rather than just passing

brook
26th February 2011, 00:20

It's complete tosh.

In that case whats the point of any player doing anything now in case they get injured ? dont talk such crap.You give or i would hope they give 100% every week and he simply isnt doing.Do you see Wello not putting his body on the line now incase he gets hurt ? no you dont.Taking on the line is a basic principal of scrum half play,it offers a threat of either drawing a man and making space or defending against the run,if he cant do it now for whatever reason he shouldnt be on the damn field.

I keep seeing people talk about his age/injuries ect,there have been better younger players that have become seasoned pros by his age,that have over come injuries and still given 100%.

The only tosh being talked on here is from you.

mydogpickles
26th February 2011, 00:21
Get rid,his heart is elsewhere...sell him quick...and use the money to buy out matty smith's contract at salford and get him back in a Redvee shirt..asap...he'll play with with pride

SaintAdam
26th February 2011, 00:45
Eastmond was trying to lead the line. Reality check, you ain't the captain and never will be with an attitude like his, "ok yeah you go over there yeah there right where I'm supposed to be and I'll hide over here as my agent instructed."Just watched andersons try for wire and eastmond was stood right next to shenton and instead of helping him out he just left anderson to cruise over.
One thing he was good for;
I was suprised to see eastmond involved in two tries. He passed to shenton for his try and kept the ball for a couple of seconds before passing to Gaskell for flannerys try.

parrsaint
26th February 2011, 00:53
HA HA, for the last six or seven years, all you read on this forum is people having a go at Gardner. The first time a player has a go he gets call fit to burn.

Absolutely laughable.

Well I haven't been one of them!
It doesn't make it right that a player has a go like that. Fans have a wider scope to say things, its easy on a faceless forum to have a go, on the pitch its totally different.

Considering Gardner took the line on far more than Eastmond tonight he needs to look at himself in the mirror first before pointing the finger.

Tommys right boot
26th February 2011, 00:56

Wellens played.... a damn site more than the rest. I'm finding it hard to pick a worst man of the match...... no I'm not.... Eastmond, he's fit to cut the grass or paint the lines....lets face it they are the only line he could take on! but the whole team including Royces plan was garbage! Gardner Gaskell and Eastmond the worst followed by Graham, Soliola.... FFS Moore...... blackpool need somebody of his level! Pish poor performance all round but the worst as named!!!

parrsaint
26th February 2011, 00:59
He'll have a job, it's 180 miles from St Helens to Bath

Lol. Its 184 miles. Even if he does sign for Bath its more likely he wont be going until the Autumn.

Tommys right boot
26th February 2011, 01:04
In that case whats the point of any player doing anything now in case they get injured ? dont talk such crap.You give or i would hope they give 100% every week and he simply isnt doing.Do you see Wello not putting his body on the line now incase he gets hurt ? no you dont.Taking on the line is a basic principal of scrum half play,it offers a threat of either drawing a man and making space or defending against the run,if he cant do it now for whatever reason he shouldnt be on the damn field.

I keep seeing people talk about his age/injuries ect,there have been better younger players that have become seasoned pros by his age,that have over come injuries and still given 100%.

The only tosh being talked on here is from you.

Kyle is not deserving of this attention..... Tommy Martyn didn't get anything like this hype, lets face it he's forgotten more about rugby than kyle will ever know....check out his impossible pass! Drop Kyle his heart isn't in it!

Glenn
26th February 2011, 02:07
Well I haven't been one of them!
It doesn't make it right that a player has a go like that. Fans have a wider scope to say things, its easy on a faceless forum to have a go, on the pitch its totally different.

Considering Gardner took the line on far more than Eastmond tonight he needs to look at himself in the mirror first before pointing the finger.

omg a gardner fan mmmmm so your the one

Div
26th February 2011, 02:19
omg a gardner fan mmmmm so your the one

I'm not in that bracket but the guy has worked his rocks off the last couple of games. His shirt is on the line but he seems to have lifted his effort big time.

Northampton_Saint
26th February 2011, 02:35
I'm not in that bracket but the guy has worked his rocks off the last couple of games. His shirt is on the line but he seems to have lifted his effort big time.

Agreed - he definitely looks to be putting the shoulder to the pump a lot more at the moment than has been the case over the last 2 seasons (anybody would think his contract is ending at the end of the year and he's trying to impress someone into gving him a nice new one...). He was awful tonight though...

warringtonsaint
26th February 2011, 07:14
Performance and attitude.

Neither of which are remotely good enough from Eastmond at the moment. There have always been questions about his attitude in any event.

Go, and go now.

lyono
26th February 2011, 07:44
I really can't believe this. How is Eastmond supposed to organise a very ordinary back line and a pack that looked beaten from kick off ? was he supposed to try and create the space on the outside for our super fast wingers to go the length... oh wait we aint got that have we or maybe he could have come up with some great flowing move involving him and gaskell oh no wait gaskell has commitment but his skill level doesn't even come close to matching kyle's yet therefor wire watched him closer and give him less room to run. He was just one person out of a p**s poor performance.

Reacher
26th February 2011, 07:45
I posted after the Salford game that his heart was not in it and that his body language was poor, and was shot down by many on here. Not far from half time, his shirt was still sparkling white, I think it only got dirty at about 38 mins. The simple drop off pass that anyone could do.

Onto the game itself, I think we are in for a long hard season. I think that not having the KR factor will be massive. It felt so weird to be watching us at a different ground for a "home" game and the empty seats in the South stand made poor viewing for both the players and fans. Also we had no leadership again. Watching the players behind the sticks after each try, I could only see Roby clapping his hands and shouting. Graham and Wellens were listless. How KC would have been motivating the team.

People said that this season may be a transitional one and I think we may have to expect that. The Eastmond saga will continue to affect everyone whatever the outcome brings and this is before the inevitable injuries strike and expose a weak squad. What does worry me is the defence so far. The amount of offloads Warrington made from their forwards made for uncomfortable viewing. Every time they were in our 20, I feared they would score. We have a coach who was a defensive coach for one of the best teams in the NRL and has had 7 yrs as an assistant at national level. I really hope that given time, he will make a difference.

Plenty including me were getting carried away by an easy win at Salford however last night proved again that we have no idea near the line. When the one up barge plan fails, we have no guile or craft to fashion a score. Like others, I was very bored last night and getting rained on in the first row of the North Stand did not make it easier!

Positives for me were Wilkin and Roby. Wilkin looks leaner and faster this year and ran his blood to water in defence and attack. He made so many carries and ran some good lines. Roby was just Roby and gave 110% again. I thought Gaskell was very poor but am not blaming the lad as he is young and raw, but offered very little. A couple of kicks were poor as were his 3 knock ons and other than that he just passed the ball. I don't doubt that he is a talent and will come good but not yet.

The harder grounds and the return of Pryce coupled with Perry will make a difference but we need a new home. We need a fortress where everyone will feel at home in their surroundings and the away team will feel out of place. This is why I am not expecting much this season and instead we can build for next. A couple of marquee signings and the aura of the new stadium and the future is positive. Thats not to say we can rule us out totally this year, I just feel that Wigan will again be too strong.

Harri81
26th February 2011, 07:46
After a performance and attitude from him Like last night I hope he has gone. Storming off the pitch and down the tunnel without acknowledging the fans was appalling, people had paid hard earned money to watch that last night, and frankly Eastmond was the worst player on the pitch. He didn't look interested, walked around with his hands on his hips for most of the evening, and I couldn't believe for a player who played 80mins how clean his kit was at the end.

Let him go if Bath still want a player based on his last few performances and clearly an attitude problem.

Buddy
26th February 2011, 08:00
I posted after the Salford game that his heart was not in it and that his body language was poor, and was shot down by many on here. Not far from half time, his shirt was still sparkling white, I think it only got dirty at about 38 mins. The simple drop off pass that anyone could do.

Onto the game itself, I think we are in for a long hard season. I think that not having the KR factor will be massive. It felt so weird to be watching us at a different ground for a "home" game and the empty seats in the South stand made poor viewing for both the players and fans. Also we had no leadership again. Watching the players behind the sticks after each try, I could only see Roby clapping his hands and shouting. Graham and Wellens were listless. How KC would have been motivating the team.

People said that this season may be a transitional one and I think we may have to expect that. The Eastmond saga will continue to affect everyone whatever the outcome brings and this is before the inevitable injuries strike and expose a weak squad. What does worry me is the defence so far. The amount of offloads Warrington made from their forwards made for uncomfortable viewing. Every time they were in our 20, I feared they would score. We have a coach who was a defensive coach for one of the best teams in the NRL and has had 7 yrs as an assistant at national level. I really hope that given time, he will make a difference.

Plenty including me were getting carried away by an easy win at Salford however last night proved again that we have no idea near the line. When the one up barge plan fails, we have no guile or craft to fashion a score. Like others, I was very bored last night and getting rained on in the first row of the North Stand did not make it easier!

Positives for me were Wilkin and Roby. Wilkin looks leaner and faster this year and ran his blood to water in defence and attack. He made so many carries and ran some good lines. Roby was just Roby and gave 110% again. I thought Gaskell was very poor but am not blaming the lad as he is young and raw, but offered very little. A couple of kicks were poor as were his 3 knock ons and other than that he just passed the ball. I don't doubt that he is a talent and will come good but not yet.

The harder grounds and the return of Pryce coupled with Perry will make a difference but we need a new home. We need a fortress where everyone will feel at home in their surroundings and the away team will feel out of place. This is why I am not expecting much this season and instead we can build for next. A couple of marquee signings and the aura of the new stadium and the future is positive. Thats not to say we can rule us out totally this year, I just feel that Wigan will again be too strong.

After being one of Wilkins harshest critics I must say I thought he looked brilliant running onto the ball last night. My gripe in the past has been his consistantly so lets hope he can carry on that form.

I still don't think you can play both wilkin and Flannery though - why TP was benched tonight was baffling

Chop
26th February 2011, 08:23
The facts are that the team were poor. The pass to Gardner was a shocker...it hit the deck 2 metres short of Ade then the snipe nosed little shite has a go to deflect the criticism. Yeah Ade could have done better but surely this shows his attitude to the other players and theyt are probably as hacked off with him as we were.
I made a point of focusing on Eastmond for a few minutes and it was noticeable that he was purposely avoiding getting in positions to make tackles thus creating gaps. Of course he had at times tackles to make ....cos he couldnt avoid. His running the line was atrocious and his gameplan consisted of hospital passes and bombs. Obviously his mind is elsewhere.

What really irked me and I dont whether anyone else saw it was in the second half Kyle was walking back to the In Goal...heard us shouting our criticisms of him....ok some was a bot profane....but then he started smiling ......that said everything

jonnythesaint
26th February 2011, 08:35

That's possibly the most laughable comment I've ever read.

Darren Bloor
26th February 2011, 08:35
I really can't believe this. How is Eastmond supposed to organise a very ordinary back line and a pack that looked beaten from kick off ? was he supposed to try and create the space on the outside for our super fast wingers to go the length... oh wait we aint got that have we or maybe he could have come up with some great flowing move involving him and gaskell oh no wait gaskell has commitment but his skill level doesn't even come close to matching kyle's yet therefor wire watched him closer and give him less room to run. He was just one person out of a p**s poor performance.

I don't think our backline is ordinary. What's the point of even having a backline if they are never given the ball in some space for them to work in. You can't expect them to create a try from a pass they receive with a defender right in their face.

IMO Gaskell showed a lot more skill than Eastmond last night, you must have been watching a different game to me.

doghead
26th February 2011, 08:36
The facts are that the team were poor. The pass to Gardner was a shocker...it hit the deck 2 metres short of Ade then the snipe nosed little shite has a go to deflect the criticism. Yeah Ade could have done better but surely this shows his attitude to the other players and theyt are probably as hacked off with him as we were.
I made a point of focusing on Eastmond for a few minutes and it was noticeable that he was purposely avoiding getting in positions to make tackles thus creating gaps. Of course he had at times tackles to make ....cos he couldnt avoid. His running the line was atrocious and his gameplan consisted of hospital passes and bombs. Obviously his mind is elsewhere.

What really irked me and I dont whether anyone else saw it was in the second half Kyle was walking back to the In Goal...heard us shouting our criticisms of him....ok some was a bot profane....but then he started smiling ......that said everything

At one point he did more than smile.

doghead
26th February 2011, 08:45
Cant believe some of the support Eastmond is getting on this thread, he should never play for the club again.

lyono
26th February 2011, 08:48
I don't think our backline is ordinary. What's the point of even having a backline if they are never given the ball in some space for them to work in. You can't expect them to create a try from a pass they receive with a defender right in their face.

IMO Gaskell showed a lot more skill than Eastmond last night, you must have been watching a different game to me.

Gaskell showed no more than Eastmond did in that game and dropped the ball more, his kicks were nothing to write home about either.. are your seriously suggesting that if we get the ball to Gardener in space he would be able to convert it into points? He looks like he can't even be bothered running back at the defence when the ball is kicked to him never mind actually trying to take someone on. Our backline is VERY ordinary and without Pryce next to Eastmond were going to get much more one up rugby.

Lex
26th February 2011, 09:20
Without picking out individual posts, for me the problem last night was clear for all to see. Kyle is not a SH. he is not an organiser, that was done by Robes and Wilkin mostly last night. At Salford he was playing behind a go forward pack, last night the pack met its match, but we should of had TP on from the KO, because as was proved, we needed to keep them scoreless for as lonfg as possible, they are a good attacking side, but still have weaknesses in defence, we just gave them too big of a start. As I said last night, if Kyle is still here when Leon is back, we will benefit.
On the walking off the pitch point. I agree, if I stay til the end and applaud the team, thats the least I expect in return. However, have'nt we all had bad days and stormed away from work without saying good night, it happens. I just hope he feels bad about doing it this morning.

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
26th February 2011, 10:13
I have every sympathy for Eastmond getting his fitness and confidence back to play RL.
This is his third game back and i hoped to see some improvement. I wasnt expecting him to rip it up, but just to offer something. Unfortunately I didnt see anything from him tonight.
However for him to not clap the fans who have paid his wages since he was a junior coming through the system was a disgrace. Yes im sure he was probably frightened of the barracking he might get and possibly upset at his own performance, but in sport, as in life you have to face your nightmares, not run away from them. For me it sent out a very poor message about his mental toughness, and was an insult to the fans.
The worst thing about it, is that he has now lost us the Saints fans.
Even if he decided to stay at Saints, it would take an awful lot for him to gain our respect back.

totally agree with all this. i am prepared to accept that he is still not 100% fit, and still likely to be lacking in confidence after the injuries he suffered last year, but not to stay on the field at the end with the rest of the team is pretty bad form.

Unfortunately now, he has lost whatever goodwill he had with the fans - so it is only going to get worse througout the season (especially if he announces he is leaving today!!!)

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
26th February 2011, 10:18

Get a grip, folks.

for about 10 consecutive minutes in the first half the pack laid a platform on the Warrington line - perfect position for a half back to use a bit of inginuity and guile to create something (just like Briers did for Warrington in the first half).

southernsaint7
26th February 2011, 10:20
And i still am ;)

wrong! can understand the rest of your post though

deeside saint
26th February 2011, 10:25
Re Eastmond;
I work in the south of England 30 miles from Bath, I travel down on a Sunday afternoon so if he wants a lift I will gladley give him a lift (No charge)

st.david
26th February 2011, 10:29
Sanits fans make me sick. This kid is the best talent unearthed by the club since Murph. He is young and inexperienced and has had his head badly turned by his agents and the kick and clap brigade. Let's be honest when you were his age (for those of you over 21) if another company came along and offered you the moon what would you have done. Whilst Eastmond has shown inexperience and naivety in dealing with the situation, Saints fans have made it far worse by getting on his back and have in my view driven him out of the club. Well done everyone!!

doghead
26th February 2011, 10:29
for about 10 consecutive minutes in the first half the pack laid a platform on the Warrington line - perfect position for a half back to use a bit of inginuity and guile to create something (just like Briers did for Warrington in the first half).

a couple of times last night when Warrington kicked on the last tackle Eastmond only got on side by the third tackle. you cannot defend Eastmond on that performance last night.
How has this situation been allowed to arise when the actions of a different code, can effect the performance of our team.

Greengrass
26th February 2011, 10:35
Sanits fans make me sick. This kid is the best talent unearthed by the club since Murph. He is young and inexperienced and has had his head badly turned by his agents and the kick and clap brigade. Let's be honest when you were his age (for those of you over 21) if another company came along and offered you the moon what would you have done. Whilst Eastmond has shown inexperience and naivety in dealing with the situation, Saints fans have made it far worse by getting on his back and have in my view driven him out of the club. Well done everyone!!

You're welcome!

Blobbynator
26th February 2011, 10:39

Nobody is doubting his talent, but his application and effort last night stunk. Nobody particularly stood out last night, but you could see the effort was there from everybody else. If Kyle Eastmond had given as much as James Roby last night we may just have won that game. I can't recall Eastmond taking on the line, which is what Kyle is all about. His performances so far are a shadow of what we saw last season and this distraction with his contract is affecting his and the rest of the teams performances. This needs to be sorted asap. To show a complete lack of respect for the fans who pay his wages is disgusting. It reminds me of when Paul Davidson gave the popular side the finger years ago, it's pretty unforgiveable.

djdegsy
26th February 2011, 10:40

rubbish.he almost went to rugby union last year,when he was best thing since sliced bread.lets face it he`s a money grabbing arrogant little s$*t.

st.david
26th February 2011, 10:42
Saints fans take some beating. This guy is the best talent unearthed by the club since Murph. He is still a kid and has had his head turned by more money and glamour - at his age who wouldn't ffs and his form has suffered terribly because of it (oh and his injuries). Now whilst we are all upset by that, wouldn't the smart thing have been to take the long term view and do everything we can as fans to keep him at the club? Shouldn't we have got behind him and hoped he would ignore economic logic and stay? But no, we get on his back and drive him from the club!!! Well done everyone, nice job!

southernsaint7
Nobody is doubting his talent, but his application and effort last night stunk. Nobody particularly stood out last night, but you could see the effort was there from everybody else. If Kyle Eastmond had given as much as James Roby last night we may just have won that game. I can't recall Eastmond taking on the line, which is what Kyle is all about. His performances so far are a shadow of what we saw last season and this distraction with his contract is affecting his and the rest of the teams performances. This needs to be sorted asap. To show a complete lack of respect for the fans who pay his wages is disgusting. It reminds me of when Paul Davidson gave the popular side the finger years ago, it's pretty unforgiveable.

if he had any doubts (which i dont think he did) about going last night will have made his mind up. His game was crap but I'm unsure he should have been booed. It wouldnt suprise me now if saints ship him out - don't think either party will be happy with what happened

Wanderer
I don't think Kyle Eastmond comes anywhere near Murphy. Murphy had real guile and skill and he showed it from the outset. Kyle Eastmond has no guile at all. Gary Wheeler does and so does Jamie Foster, but not Kyle. Kyle can catch a ball brilliantly and he can make superb passes. He used to threaten the line at one time too. Once upon a time he could also kick beautiful chips over defenders' heads to create try scoring opportunities. Stuff like that. He had some flash. But he isn't a Murphy.

Blobbynator
26th February 2011, 10:45
if he had any doubts (which i dont think he did) about going last night will have made his mind up. His game was crap but I'm unsure he should have been booed. It wouldnt suprise me now if saints ship him out - don't think either party will be happy with what happened

I don't agree with booing players personally, but people pay hard earned money to watch these 'superstars' and it's completely disrespectful to those people if a player doesn't give his all for the side. It's the least I would expect from a player. The fans have the right to express their views in whatever way possible. Mike Bennett wasn't the most taleneted but at least he gave everything for the cause.

Lex

Sorry matey, I cant go along with that. All I expect is that the players have as much pride in wearing the shirt as I do. Its unfortunate, but the more blessed with skill, or high profile they are, then a little more is wanted. But pride in wearing that shirt is essential.

SaintAdam
Just been on Twitter and there's a tweet on bath rugby that eastmond is to announce his move to bath this weekend. Seemed to have heard that a lot but hope it's true this time.

Harry Pinner
26th February 2011, 10:47
for me the problem last night was clear for all to see. Kyle is not a SH. he is not an organiser

I'm only getting back into RL after 20 years of hardly watching, so my opinion might not be worth much, BUT...... in the dozen or so games I've watched Eastmond, I would completely agree with you.

The lad has devastating pace & power. Played on the wing, I think he could be world class. From what I've seen though, he's no Sean Long & never will be.

I can't see any of the current squad filling Long's boots either, am I wrong?

southernsaint7
26th February 2011, 10:48
I don't agree with booing players personally, but people pay hard earned money to watch these 'superstars' and it's completely disrespectful to those people if a player doesn't give his all for the side. It's the least I would expect from a player. The fans have the right to express their views in whatever way possible. Mike Bennett wasn't the most taleneted but at least he gave everything for the cause.

appreciate that but imagine if he stays a saint for the rest of the year, will reactions like that really enthuse him to play? I completely agree fans have the right to express themselves, if a player is like that ignore him and focus on the guys that have given their all and let the club deal with the stray

st.david
26th February 2011, 10:48
We'll disagree on that squire. The Kyle of early last year had guile coming out of his ears. Lightening quick, great balance, great hands and a good kicking game. The potential to be a great. I am a massive fan of Wheeler, and Lomax and Gaskell could be another good'un, but none of those lads have the raw talent Eastmond has.

Blobbynator
26th February 2011, 10:50
appreciate that but imagine if he stays a saint for the rest of the year, will reactions like that really enthuse him to play? I completely agree fans have the right to express themselves, if a player is like that ignore him and focus on the guys that have given their all and let the club deal with the stray

It's a two way thing. If Eastmond shows pride in the shirt, the fans will appreciate him. If he doesn't, then the fans won't, it's that simple. At the end of the day he is employed by our club and anything but 100% effort is completely unacceptable, it's the least I'd expect, whatever talent level a player is.

Wanderer
26th February 2011, 10:51
We'll disagree on that squire. The Kyle of early last year had guile coming out of his ears. Lightening quick, great balance, great hands and a good kicking game. The potential to be a great. I am a massive fan of Wheeler, and Lomax and Gaskell could be another good'un, but none of those lads have the raw talent Eastmond has.
The qualities you list are all qualities Kyle Eastmond has but none of that is guile. Guile is being able to play the opposition, playing it crafty, being able to think on your feet and do something a bit different.

warringtonsaint
26th February 2011, 10:52
I don't think Kyle Eastmond comes anywhere near Murphy. Murphy had real guile and skill and he showed it from the outset. Kyle Eastmond has no guile at all. Gary Wheeler does and so does Jamie Foster, but not Kyle. Kyle can catch a ball brilliantly and he can make superb passes. He used to threaten the line at one time too. Once upon a time he could also kick beautiful chips over defenders' heads to create try scoring opportunities. Stuff like that. He had some flash. But he isn't a Murphy.

Exactly.

Comparing him with favourably with Murphy is perhaps the single most outrageous piece of crap I have seen on the numerous threads about him on this forum.

st.david
26th February 2011, 10:52
Wake up lads. Eastmond's mind is a mess at the moment. 80% of top class sport is played in the head and his isn't there right now - it would be a miracle if he were not affected. Show some sense

Blobbynator
26th February 2011, 10:54
Wake up lads. Eastmond's mind is a mess at the moment. 80% of top class sport is played in the head and his isn't there right now - it would be a miracle if he were not affected. Show some sense

James Graham's future isn't sorted but he still gives 100% on the field.

southernsaint7
26th February 2011, 10:55
It's a two way thing. If Eastmond shows pride in the shirt, the fans will appreciate him. If he doesn't, then the fans won't, it's that simple. At the end of the day he is employed by our club and anything but 100% effort is completely unacceptable, it's the least I'd expect, whatever talent level a player is.

agree completely but i bet he has read the abuse on here in the previous weeks and that must have an affect plus the contract situ. I just dont think its right he has been berrated so much before hand and then booed. but yes he should be doing much better while we pay his wages. I dont think he'll be staying, Saints will be very aware of whats on here

st.david
26th February 2011, 10:57
Graham is an older wiser head than Eastmond. Wish it wasn't so but it is. Add 3 or 4 years to any 21 year old and you'll notice a big difference in the way they handle situations. Get real!

Sean Day
26th February 2011, 11:00
Graham is an older wiser head than Eastmond. Wish it wasn't so but it is. Add 3 or 4 years to any 21 year old and you'll notice a big difference in the way they handle situations. Get real!

He's been a big enough boy to have courted union ever since the sniff of a first team jersey came along.

retro74
26th February 2011, 11:00

Other than last night when he was terrible (and the GF last year too where he stunk the place out). They all have bad games

Saints fans NEED a scapegoat, Potter's gone now - let's all castigate Eastmond. I don't blame him. Why go to clap the fans to cop a load of abuse?

It's strange that he was instrumental in all our tries, barely made an error and still gets treated like a traitor

I hope he goes because as a support we don't deserve a player as good as him anymore. The south stand proved that

southernsaint7
26th February 2011, 11:01

graham hasn't had such levels of critisism in weeks leading up to games as kyle has had though! Not that it's an excuse. I think Simmons and saints after last night will demand an end to this - they may release him to bath or demand an answer, get it out in the open and move on and hope kyle bounces back for the rest of the season. I'm not sure he will though

MachineGunFunk
26th February 2011, 11:02
It's probably the worst case scenario for us but, after his attitude last night, if Bath don't want him till the end of his contract, we might have to let them have him now and save on his wages for the rest of the season.

What's the point in keeping him on the staff if he's gonna give zero effort every week. Ship him out now and save a few quid.

Buddy
26th February 2011, 11:03

He showed no pride & committment last night - that has nothing to do with skill. I think it's disrespectful to his employers and us supporters and I think its nothing but cowardice

Barney Rubble
26th February 2011, 11:03
The qualities you list are all qualities Kyle Eastmond has but none of that is guile. Guile is being able to play the opposition, playing it crafty, being able to think on your feet and do something a bit different.Spot on. He has shown none of that since all the contract talk came about.

Dr Channard
26th February 2011, 11:05
http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=rleague/11/02/25/RUGBYL_St_Helens_Quotes.html&BID=480[/URL]

Agent Mulder
26th February 2011, 11:06
Just been on Twitter and there's a tweet on bath rugby that eastmond is to announce his move to bath this weekend. Seemed to have heard that a lot but hope it's true this time.

Sky too think there is an announcement over the weekend. The sooner the better I say. At least we will all know one way or another and we can all move on.
If Kyle was still undecided then last night will have made his mind up for him.

Saint
26th February 2011, 11:09

I've read your posts on this thread and I'm honestly not sure exactly what point you're making.

No one is doubting the unbelievable potential of the player, his explosive talent and his ability to win matches when his head is right. I can understand him having his head turned, I can understand he wants to go to RU for more money and higher profile. I don't expect him to sign a new contract and I will not be angry at him for not doing so.

But when it's our first 'home' game of the season against Warrington of all teams, and Eastmond is standing 5 yards behind play, avoiding taking the ball to the line, and generally swaggering around like he doesn't want to be there, throwing lazy passes, bollocking his team mates, am I meant to sit there and politely applaud? I can tell you now that I'm a similar age to Kyle Eastmond and if I were a professional player, I'm not naive enough to say that I would be a Saint for life, I'd go where was best for my career, but every time I pulled that shirt on I would be willing to die for my teammates. The fact that he is letting down his mates so badly speaks VOLUMES about him as a player and a person. Saints have developed this lad from being a scrawny 13 year old all the way through service area and academy, into the first team, imagine the investment of time and money that has taken. We're going to lose him for nothing and we have to accept and come to terms with that. But laughing at the fans in the stands and failing to acknowledge the support at the end, on the back of such a thoroughly gutless, spineless and inept performance? I'd drive him to Bath today, the ungrateful little prick, and that's regardless of how good a player he is.

He has a terrible attitude and no amount of ability can make up for that. Hundreds of young men (and some old) PAY SUBS for the privilege of putting their bodies on the line every Saturday in this town and take a pasting for their mates and are willing to die for the badge on their chest. What makes Kyle Eastmond so good that he doesn't need to bother to do that at the level he's playing at? Unless he is willing to put his body on the line for the rest of the season and put his heart and soul into playing for Saints, I don't ever want him to put on the Saints shirt again. That red V is the ultimate honour to rugby league loving lads in St Helens and last night Kyle Eastmond took a massive dump on it. Some people might be able to forgive that but I can't. Just my opinion.

Tallahassee
26th February 2011, 11:10
Simmons has said it will be in the next 48 hrs,hes obviously as p@*#$d off as we are with this 'will he won't he',and not just on Eastmond either.

Blobbynator
Other than last night when he was terrible (and the GF last year too where he stunk the place out). They all have bad games

Saints fans NEED a scapegoat, Potter's gone now - let's all castigate Eastmond. I don't blame him. Why go to clap the fans to cop a load of abuse?

It's strange that he was instrumental in all our tries, barely made an error and still gets treated like a traitor

I hope he goes because as a support we don't deserve a player as good as him anymore. The south stand proved that

As I said earlier I didn't boo Eastmond and I didn't give him a great deal of stick, certainly not compared to some around me, which at times was an over-reaction. But fans pay their money and are entitled to their view.

Bad performances are forgiveable if the effort is there. That wasn't the case with Eastmond last night, and the fact he set up a try shows what he can do when he puts his mind to it.

Lex
Sky too think there is an announcement over the weekend. The sooner the better I say. At least we will all know one way or another and we can all move on.

What a shame that such a gifted player, has to fade away from Saints and SL in such a fashion as last night. But the team should benefit, now that this episode is over.

warringtonsaint

His attitude last night certainly made it easy for some of us to make our minds up about HIM.............

Buddy
26th February 2011, 11:15
twelve please :)

Tallahassee
26th February 2011, 11:17
Wonder what Bath thought of his attitude last night,or Martin Johnson?

Sean Day
26th February 2011, 11:18
Bit odd to close the 8 page thread and leave this one?

djdegsy
26th February 2011, 11:18
please bath take the ignorant little tosser straight away.

Sean Day
26th February 2011, 11:23
Convinced he won't make it in union anyway. There must be umpteen better wingers and full backs who know the union game inside out already. Not as much space on the field either which is his biggest strength in terms of his speed off the mark.

RedVee Admin
26th February 2011, 11:25
Bit odd to close the 8 page thread and leave this one?
Simple really: this is a new development and the other thread had firmly established... nothing.

Sean Day
26th February 2011, 11:27
Simple really: this is a new development and the other thread had firmly established... nothing.

Like 99% of threads on forums! Fair enough, we'll crack on with the debate on this one

superdom
26th February 2011, 11:44

I saw Robes scoot at least once. Were you watching Saints last night?

johnnyl
26th February 2011, 11:54
I've read your posts on this thread and I'm honestly not sure exactly what point you're making.

The point he is making is simple and true. If there is all this hoo haa behind the scenes and he is making one of the biggest decisions of his life then he isnt going to be on his game. This is a proffesional game, if you are just down on your performance by a bit you will stand out especially in that position. Im not saying its right or that the paying fans are wrong to be p1$$ed about it, but it is understandable.

Assuming Kyle announces that he is going at the end of the season it wouldnt suprise me at all if for the rest of the season he is outstanding for us once this is out of the way.

pricey73
26th February 2011, 12:01
He's been a big enough boy to have courted union ever since the sniff of a first team jersey came along.

think it's more like his agent has courted union, think once it is announced and all sorted he will settle down and play well till the end of the season

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
26th February 2011, 12:05
Simmons has said it will be in the next 48 hrs,hes obviously as p@*#$d off as we are with this 'will he won't he',and not just on Eastmond either.

you have to assume that if Simmons is fecked off with it and we are fecked off with it, then the other players will be feeling the same about him at the current team. If not all of them, then i'm sure some of the older ones are getting annoyed - that situation cannot be good for team spirit, now or in the long term.

a promising season could be about to go down the pan based on this situation.

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
26th February 2011, 12:07
think it's more like his agent has courted union, think once it is announced and all sorted he will settle down and play well till the end of the season

his agent wont be doing anything that Kyle hasnt instructed him to do.

pricey73
26th February 2011, 12:12
his agent wont be doing anything that Kyle hasnt instructed him to do.

the lad is young if his agent says i'll court union to get you a bigger contract at saints or bath etc he's goin to listen to the agent, alex ferguson said it about heinze in the week not the players fault just a bad agent

wardies love child
26th February 2011, 12:17

I hope he gets dropped after last nights effort.

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
26th February 2011, 12:18
the lad is young if his agent says i'll court union to get you a bigger contract at saints or bath etc he's goin to listen to the agent, alex ferguson said it about heinze in the week not the players fault just a bad agent

he is a grown adult, not some little kid. Whether Eastmond has said "get me the best deal regardless of the club and sport", or said "get me a Union deal" his agent will be acting on his instructions. Even if his agent has got him the best financial deal in union, there is nothing forcing Kyle to sign the deal, or let the rumour and inuendo circulate for months like he has done.

noonesaint
26th February 2011, 12:19
we all could have done what eastmond did last night. give me the ball and give it to a forward. put him in the A team for the rest of the season. put pryce and lomax at halfbacks

johnnyl
26th February 2011, 12:22
we all could have done what eastmond did last night. give me the ball and give it to a forward. put him in the A team for the rest of the season.

As BA?

french and conlon
26th February 2011, 12:25
Get rid,his heart is elsewhere...sell him quick...and use the money to buy out matty smith's contract at salford and get him back in a Redvee shirt..asap...he'll play with with pride
100 % Agree

Bluesaintdave
26th February 2011, 12:34
we all could have done what eastmond did last night. give me the ball and give it to a forward. put him in the A team for the rest of the season. put pryce and lomax at halfbacks

I said the same thing last night. He'll be a star at that level and hopefully soem of the junior players might develop from playing along side him.

TBH I'd have thought that Royce would have took him off for a breather after the hour mark and slot Lomax into the halves.

saint8520
26th February 2011, 12:35

Spot on NS...Wire did their homework on us and we ran around the park like headless chickens....with no leadership...Thanks to our half back combo we were clueless in attack....with respect to the lad Gaskell who at least wore the shirt with pride. There were very experienced international players on that park for Saints..You'd have thought one of 'em would have picked that game up by by the scruff o the neck and showed some class....but no

Its a worry....

Tallahassee
26th February 2011, 12:39
What's the old saying 'you should never go back'.If a new signing at half back is possible get someone new,and preferably good.

katerinababa
26th February 2011, 12:47
Can't blame the lad for going to Yawnion and getting more money. I work for Royal Mail but if DHL came to me and said here's another hundred a week for doing the same job, I'm going. However, if I did my job as badly as Eastmond is doing, I'm sure I'd be out on my ear.

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
26th February 2011, 12:48
Can't blame the lad for going to Yawnion and getting more money. I work for Royal Mail but if DHL came to me and said here's another hundred a week for doing the same job, I'm going. However, if I did my job as badly as Eastmond is doing, I'm sure I'd be out on my ear.

totally, I dont blame him for looking to secure the best deal for his career. However, the way he has conducted himself in recent weeks has been appalling.

johnnyl
26th February 2011, 12:49

It is harder to play scrum half in SL than to flip burgers though, isnt it?

Dynamite Don Brennan
26th February 2011, 13:06
If he Is going to union I hope he goes immediately. The fall out will be disastrous if he stays imo.
Originally I was hopeing he'd stay because on blob he's a cracking player,but after last night I think his presence will be too divisive.
He Isnt mentally strong enough to see out the remainder of his contract,cut our losses and move on.

MachineGunFunk
26th February 2011, 13:21

Agreed we need to move on without him but putting him in the Reserves is not the answer. We would still be paying him a decent wage and he'd be blocking the progress of the current reserve scrum half.

The only solution is to bite the bullet and let the Rah's have him now. We can move on with Lomax at 7 and save ourselves Eastmond's wages for the rest of the year.

warringtonsaint
26th February 2011, 13:24
Agreed we need to move on without him but putting him in the Reserves is not the answer. We would still be paying him a decent wage and he'd be blocking the progress of the current reserve scrum half.

The only solution is to bite the bullet and let the Rah's have him now. We can move on with Lomax at 7 and save ourselves Eastmond's wages for the rest of the year.

I agree - but who knows, that may be exactly what Bath / his agent / Eastmond himself might be orchestrating anyway.

southernsaint7
26th February 2011, 13:27
I agree - but who knows, that may be exactly what Bath / his agent / Eastmond himself might be orchestrating anyway.

not so sure easmond will have a choice after what happened at full time. Had that not happened I feel he may have lasted the year...I'm not sure he will now

warringtonsaint
26th February 2011, 13:28
I said the same thing last night. He'll be a star at that level and hopefully soem of the junior players might develop from playing along side him.

TBH I'd have thought that Royce would have took him off for a breather after the hour mark and slot Lomax into the halves.

having spoken to one of the "junior players" you refer to recently, he doesn't have a strong presence with them, due to his appalling "better than this level" attitude...........it would be disastrous to let him fester there, he'd infect them all with his p!ss poor attitude.

Trev The Bear
26th February 2011, 13:28
In 20 Years of watching Saints i am at a loss to remember a player who has shown so much disrespect to the club, the fans and the jersey as Eastmond has this past few weeks. For me (and this is no knee jerk reaction) i never want to see him play for us again. To simply walk from the field at FT without as much as a thanks, kiss my ar$e or nothing is inexcusable.

Lets hope we get a good fee for him and use the money wisely. I personally would like us to make an offer for Rangi Chase.

OoOGazOoO
26th February 2011, 14:08
I agree, it is the complete lack of respect which has p*ssed me off the most, even more so than his crap performances.

doghead
26th February 2011, 14:09
In 20 Years of watching Saints i am at a loss to remember a player who has shown so much disrespect to the club, the fans and the jersey as Eastmond has this past few weeks. For me (and this is no knee jerk reaction) i never want to see him play for us again. To simply walk from the field at FT without as much as a thanks, kiss my ar$e or nothing is inexcusable.

Lets hope we get a good fee for him and use the money wisely. I personally would like us to make an offer for Rangi Chase.

well said.

Billinge Bren
26th February 2011, 14:17
God I'm bored even typing this. Yes Eastmond was poor last night looking indecisive and passive but he can't move a beaten pack/team around the park because:
a) he's not a playmaker
b) he's a runner/supporter ( see off load from TP last week) 30 tries a season to be had there easily and we'd all think he was superb.
c) he needs a playmaker at 6 to take the pressure off him
d) pryce is a great player who happens to be playing at 6. Not a playmaker ever. We've not had a good halfback partnership for 3 years at least. Look at all the games we have lost. CC semi 10 and 11. Grand finals. This is the root of our problem. Sign an established 6 or encourage one of our young players like Lomax by giving him the shirt for the season. Stick Leon to centre where he can run at gaps not a pack. It's not rocket science. Not applauding the fans is wrong but the abuse he has had is ridiculous. Jammer was mediocre last night. Any crap his way? No. If I was Kyle I'd go to Union because he will have loads of space to run into which suits his skills and like me and a lot of saints fans over 20 will not be bored shitle££ watching the up the middle tosh we have in RL today. Hope you stay and prove your worth. Don't blame you for going. Good luck if you do. ps well done wire. You deserved it last night. Defence was awesome. Best first half I've seen you play.

Exiled Saint
26th February 2011, 14:22
all I want from a Saints player is show heart,fight,pride in the shirt,I don't really care if your a world beater or not.Just show that your proud to pull on the Red Vee and that you will fight for the full 80 minutes and I will support you all day long.

I have NEVER seen Eastmond put a full shift in game in game out-NEVER!
He has all the potental in the world,he is possibly the biggest talent we have uneathed in many years-the big problem is is that he thinks he is a big deal now,without putting the graft in,he is believing his own hype and because of this he could be one of the biggest names to never make it.You don't chase the money at 21,you learn the game,the little nuances that turn a good player into a world beater,he should consentrate on being a better player the rest will follow.
His head has been turned and I don't think there is any way back so go now but I think he will regret it in the endO_O

saint.illawarra
26th February 2011, 14:34

could not agree more then what you said. get rid now think simmons might have his hands tied a bit at the moment but he should show some balls now before any rot sets in with the rest of the team if eastmond stays.

rosesaint
26th February 2011, 14:48
I thought after a while of not posting and obviously a massive issue is in hand I thought I may chip in with my logic.... It is evident that Kyle does have the Xfactor.. talking to sean long one night about out of eastmond or smith the one to replace him at 7 he said smith has the better kicking game and the better organisation but kyle is something else and has the xfactor.. now in due course that was a few years back but I think here lies the problem and my biggest gripe about it all. Kyle has been touted as the next big thing for years now and unfortunatley this is the second time his contract has come up for renewal and he has held the club to ransom...flashes of the player kyle could be are shown from time to time but 1 great game this season against salford, clearly some injury worries previous season does not logically deserve a £100k a year contract at this time a staggered deal yes but to give kyle a massive contract can not be good for the rest of the team who put 100% in week in week out who yes in fairness get a decent wage but not life changing money who witness yes an undoubtfully talented youngster demand big money from just a handfull of top class performances in some cases against weaker teams they must be gutted i know i would be. The way the salary cap works does not allow for this whole situation its not like football were money is no object there has to be a realistic limit to how saints offer kyle his contract and I personally dont believe he is worth the contract he desires.

FosterFan1987
26th February 2011, 14:54
all I want from a Saints player is show heart,fight,pride in the shirt,I don't really care if your a world beater or not.Just show that your proud to pull on the Red Vee and that you will fight for the full 80 minutes and I will support you all day long.

Exactly. As a supporter of a fantastic rugby league club all we ask is that the boys go and play rugby and fight for 80minutes. I don't think last nights game was that bad, at times we lacked pace, attack and defence yes that was clear but there were some good points from the
game too. Wilkin played well - 100% effort as always, defending our own line for repeated sets without letting them through. Decisions went against us and just some times Warrington got the ball to bounce the right way or a decision went against us but it is only round 3 - onwards and upwards.

Last night Kyle proved he doesnt want to be our number 7 - saints legends were no.7, in my time it has only been Bobby Goulding and Sean Long if he doesnt wanna follow in his footsteps then ok let him go! I just hope if he is going to Union he goes this week and doesnt stick around for the rest of the season because it will affect the way we play!!!

mrlaalaa
26th February 2011, 15:54
I think Eastmond picked himself up a little in the second half, i seen him getting stuck into a few tackles (although i must say i screwed my face up every time he went down expecting him not to get back on his feet again!) And I think he got frustrated because everything he tried either didn't go as he planned or he was closed down be the superb Warrington defense and at the hooter that got the better of him.

Although i must say, i don't agree with what he did and every fan had the right to 'boo' him. If he does decide to stay, he has got a lot of growing up to do and needs to kick the little immature attitude he has.

But my own opinion would be to sell and release a.s.a.p because its being vastly seen that he isn't the big play-maker some people are making him out to be. And without Leon, he looks lost! :sowsuser:

johnnyl
26th February 2011, 15:56
and I personally dont believe he is worth the contract he desires.

What contract exactly does he desire then?

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
26th February 2011, 16:01
Eastmond apologises:

http://www.saintsrlfc.com/news/page/582

but reading between the lines, he is definitely leaving at the end of the season.

Reacher
26th February 2011, 16:04
Just beat me to that one, obviously word spreads quickly as to just how naffed off we were and I agree it seems to be an attempt to smooth the relationship with the fans for the remainder of the season

The Captain
26th February 2011, 16:06
Eastmond apologises:

but reading between the lines, he is definitely leaving at the end of the season.

Fair do's, although it's probably damage libation for him, knowing how hard he would have made the remainder of the season for himself.

paulscnthorpe
26th February 2011, 16:08
well that's fair enough i suppose.. remember matt king once stuck the Vs up to the wire fans..

the biggest apology he can give is to work his balls off from now until the end of the year (and hopefully further)

mrlaalaa
26th February 2011, 16:09
Eddie Hemmings' Wig

"I have always appreciated the fans' support throughout my career and I hope I will continue to do so. I will strive to repay them throughout the rest of the season."

Agreed!

yorkyrl
26th February 2011, 16:10
Most likely been advised to say that !!

rosesaint
26th February 2011, 16:10
im probably guessing the contract he desires is to be the clubs highest earner...when in reality he doesnt deserve that yet

daves
26th February 2011, 16:11
Eastmond apologises:

Reckon the coach(and maybe one or two players)my have had a word or two,as well as the adverse reaction from the supporters.

FosterFan1987
26th February 2011, 16:15
Ok so he has issued an apology - saying he made a mistake which he did but he needs to knuckle down whether he is leaving or not and play together with the rest of the boys!!!

Legendary Supporter
26th February 2011, 16:28
Eastmond apologises:

It sounds to me like he's probably had a good old fashioned bollocking!

Scouse Don
26th February 2011, 16:28
Saints fans take some beating. This guy is the best talent unearthed by the club since Murph. He is still a kid and has had his head turned by more money and glamour - at his age who wouldn't ffs and his form has suffered terribly because of it (oh and his injuries). Now whilst we are all upset by that, wouldn't the smart thing have been to take the long term view and do everything we can as fans to keep him at the club? Shouldn't we have got behind him and hoped he would ignore economic logic and stay? But no, we get on his back and drive him from the club!!! Well done everyone, nice job!

Sorry he is not just a bit of a kid,he's been around the first team for three years and has had a couple of agents already.He should be knuckling down and taking advice from senior players and the coaches. Fullstop.

johnnyl
26th February 2011, 16:29
im probably guessing the contract he desires is to be the clubs highest earner...when in reality he doesnt deserve that yet

So basically you dont think he deserves a contract that you have invented and have no idea if he has even asked for.

Blobbynator
26th February 2011, 16:42
It sounds to me like he's probably had a good old fashioned bollocking!

And quite rightly so. The only real way Kyle Eastmond can repair some of the damage is by performing well and giving his all in the Saints shirt and even that might not be enough now in the eyes of some.

rosesaint
26th February 2011, 16:42
Sorry Johnny Im not going to get into an argument with you over it but Id pretty much guess that in order to compete with rugby union and in all fairness other superleague clubs saints would have to offer him a contract that would make him 1 of if not the top earners at the club, Logic would tell you that if kyle wanted to sign a contract that saints had offered that was a reasonable amount and wasnt looking to better that offer the surely he would have taken that. Any contract that Saints will offer not only will have to make up the union salary but potential sponsorship deals that he may recieve in a unfortunatley more popular sport of rugby union.

Saints probably will offer him a stagered deal which they signed with a number of there players a few years ago and seems to be the trend that the club like to follow when talking about a long term deal. It may also be noted that from past contract negotiations its doubtfull that kyle would sign a 6 year deal where saints can use a testomonial year to there advantage.

When looking at kyles previous contract negotiations it also coincided with some of saints younger and older personell leaving which may of given more space in the cap...unfortunatley/fortunatley for saints they have also had to work out the maths of fitting roby, pryceand graham under the cap who would also more than likely be considered top earners

johnnyl
26th February 2011, 16:57
Sorry Johnny Im not going to get into an argument with you over it but Id pretty much guess that in order to compete with rugby union and in all fairness other superleague clubs saints would have to offer him a contract that would make him 1 of if not the top earners at the club, Logic would tell you that if kyle wanted to sign a contract that saints had offered that was a reasonable amount and wasnt looking to better that offer the surely he would have taken that. Any contract that Saints will offer not only will have to make up the union salary but potential sponsorship deals that he may recieve in a unfortunatley more popular sport of rugby union.

Saints probably will offer him a stagered deal which they signed with a number of there players a few years ago and seems to be the trend that the club like to follow when talking about a long term deal. It may also be noted that from past contract negotiations its doubtfull that kyle would sign a 6 year deal where saints can use a testomonial year to there advantage.

Your missing the staggeringly obvious. You are assuming he has any contract desires at all with Saints. Just because Saints have countered an offer to try to tempt him does not mean that he asked for / desired any such thing from Saints. It is a complete guess that Eastmond has (as you have stated) told Saints that he wants to be one of their top earners.

rosesaint
26th February 2011, 16:59
so your saying that saints shouldnt of offered him a deal in the first place i,e leaving him open too move clubs at the end of the year or hes using the club to big up negotiations elsewhere

johnnyl
26th February 2011, 17:03
so your saying that saints shouldnt of offered him a deal in the first place i,e leaving him open too move clubs at the end of the year or hes using the club to big up negotiations elsewhere

No, I didnt say that and I have no idea how you have arrived at that.

You said that in your opinion he isnt worth the contract that he desires from us. I have pointed out the simple fact that you have no idea what contract if any he wants from us, therefore you are in no position to make that claim.

Darren Bloor
26th February 2011, 17:10
Well, looks like when he announces he's going to Bath, we're going to be carrying him along for the rest of the season and therefore definitely getting FA for him. I was hoping that when they announced he was off it would be immediate and therefore there would be some compensation, but instead we will just have this unsettling player for the rest of the season.

paulscnthorpe
26th February 2011, 17:14
Well, looks like when he announces he's going to Bath, we're going to be carrying him along for the rest of the season and therefore definitely getting FA for him. I was hoping that when they announced he was off it would be immediate and therefore there would be some compensation, but instead we will just have this unsettling player for the rest of the season.

the thing is realistically we were never going to get any money for him.. bath are not stupid, they're not going to pay 50k-100k to get him six months earlier

Tamala Park
26th February 2011, 17:48
“I would like to apologise to all the fans as I should have come over and thanked them for their support with the rest of the team.

“I have always appreciated the fans’ support throughout my career and I hope I will continue to do so. I will strive to repay them throughout the rest of the season.”

Looks like he is has made the decision and is going at the end of the season

saint mac
26th February 2011, 17:49
the thing is realistically we were never going to get any money for him.. bath are not stupid, they're not going to pay 50k-100k to get him six months earlier

If they take him next week along with his contract that for me would be adequate compensation.They get him for the rest of the RU season and pre season and Saints do not have to pay a player who dose not want to be at Saints anymore.This would give us money to pay for a replacement if we could find one. If not play one of our young lads their lets see what they can do. I am sure they would give us more than Eastmond will when his head is elsewhere.

wardies love child
26th February 2011, 18:22
Why can't the gobshite just go. The team will get far more support from me and I expect a few others if he he ain't in the team. Yes I know we should support the guys who wear the jersey but they must show pride in wearing it first.

mister chuffy
26th February 2011, 18:27
It appeared to me he was just practising kicking last night ready for that awful union game. The Wayne Rooney of RL. Bugger off if he dosen't want to play for the Vee.

parrsaint
26th February 2011, 18:33
That's possibly the most laughable comment I've ever read.

I'm certainly no big fan of Gardner but what will be laughable is when the Opta stats back up my statement.

Dicko
26th February 2011, 18:49
Should know on Monday for sure.

http://www.bathrugbyinsideout.com/2011/02/kyle-eastmonds-to-join-bath-rugby-with.html?m=0

Scouse Don
26th February 2011, 18:59

http://www.bathrugbyinsideout.com/2011/02/kyle-eastmonds-to-join-bath-rugby-with.html?m=0

Is that their equivalent of Redvee? Or official site?

HitTheWall
26th February 2011, 19:09

Gotta be an unofficial site. They don't even get his name right.

mrlaalaa
26th February 2011, 19:38

TBH - I wouldn't believe what you read on that website.

I have been following the official - unofficial website of Bath and have found this site is the most up to date with gossip and news: HERE (http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/list/s105.htm)

I think: He will announce Monday 28th Feb he is leaving after this season (October) for a 3 year deal at Bath worth in the region of 400k

Dicko
26th February 2011, 19:40

Its posted on club forums.

http://www.bathrugby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6790&start=135

OoOGazOoO
26th February 2011, 19:42
Those forums seems to suggest that he will be going with immediate effect and not at the end of the season.

E Saint
26th February 2011, 19:49
Those forums seems to suggest that he will be going with immediate effect and not at the end of the season.

Eastmonds 'apology' though suggests he's here for the season.

mrlaalaa
26th February 2011, 19:49
A comment off the official bath rugby forum:

From Bazz: Kyle Eastmond is the St Helens playmaker

eh :???:

E Saint
26th February 2011, 19:51
A comment off the official bath rugby forum:

eh :???:

They must have missed last nights game then.

daves
26th February 2011, 20:06
St.Helens playmaker.

Boy are they in for a shock.

wabo
26th February 2011, 20:08
Well sounds like he's off at the seasons end instead of immediately, unless the pitchpork posse chase him out of town before hand.

We need to spend some serious wedge on a top top quality aussie 7. This is the most average saints squad I have seen in my time.

theres only one stan wall
26th February 2011, 20:21
Id take any of Sammut, Dobson or Chase as a replacement.

On a positive note according to their twitter accounts both Pryce and Wheeler are fit for the Catalan game.

AM1
26th February 2011, 21:10
TBH - I wouldn't believe what you read on that website.

I have been following the official - unofficial website of Bath and have found this site is the most up to date with gossip and news: HERE (http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/list/s105.htm)

I think: He will announce Monday 28th Feb he is leaving after this season (October) for a 3 year deal at Bath worth in the region of 400k

If that is the case, there'll have to be some major PR work done to get the fans back on his side.

CHANNEL22
26th February 2011, 21:24
Regarding his apology. It doesn't wash with me. A verbal apology is not worth the paper it is written on. Unless he comes and knocks on my door and apologises, he can stick it.

He was a disgrace last night and walking off like that sums the little brat up. If you look at my posts on the subject you will see that over the last few months I have always defended him and given him the benefit of the doubt, but not any more.

The club should fine him and give the money to SPF or some other charity

wabo
26th February 2011, 21:44
Regarding his apology. It doesn't wash with me. A verbal apology is not worth the paper it is written on. Unless he comes and knocks on my door and apologises, he can stick it.

He was a disgrace last night and walking off like that sums the little brat up. If you look at my posts on the subject you will see that over the last few months I have always defended him and given him the benefit of the doubt, but not any more.

The club should fine him and give the money to SPF or some other charity

He's a brat, but you want a personal apology?

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
26th February 2011, 21:52
http://league13.info/2011/02/26/breaking-eastmond-sets-sail-for-bath/

announcement due on Monday, leaving with immediate effect.

CHANNEL22
26th February 2011, 21:58
He's a brat, but you want a personal apology?

I didn't say I wanted a personal apology I said I don't think coming out with a statement on the club website is worth the space.

Northampton_Saint
26th February 2011, 22:03

Wow! Will be a big surprise to me if true. Bath must have more money than sense if they'll pay a fee to have him for just a handful of end of season games, but maybe they consider it worth it to have him hit the ground running come next season (and some nice bums-on-seats inducing publicity). I hope they don't live to regret it when he sods off for a French club for even more money, leaving them in the lurch in a couple of years as we now are...

Anyway - a wasted talent in RU that we'll never see the best of, but he'll get a nicer house, car and much more publicity so c'est la vie. We've lost many better players than him in the past and gone on unaffected. So long Kyle and all the best - don't let the door smack you in the arse on the way out.

Saint_Claire
26th February 2011, 22:04

'a stodgy looking attack', cheeky blighter!

johnnyl
26th February 2011, 22:13
I didn't say I wanted a personal apology I said I don't think coming out with a statement on the club website is worth the space.

Yes you did. You wanted him to come round your ••••ing house and apologise. How the frig is that not a personal apology

1986ste
26th February 2011, 22:16
if this is true that he is gone come monday who is going to play scum half all season hope its lomax or gaskell and they show that we wont miss the little sh.t

Laner
26th February 2011, 22:20
Does anybody really believe Kyle put that statement out? I don't - the club did it because of the negative image it was giving the club and also to placate the fans. Perhaps they were worried that someone would lay into Kyle if they came across him in the street.

Good luck Kyle and I hope your bank account looks nice. You gave us a small number of good memories and a hell of a lot more bad ones.

Sausalito
26th February 2011, 22:24
Why should he say today, he will give his all for the rest of the season, if he's going Monday??

CHANNEL22
26th February 2011, 22:37
Yes you did. You wanted him to come round your ••••ing house and apologise. How the frig is that not a personal apology

I said "Unless he comes and knocks on my door and apologises, he can stick it. " which means I do not accept it, as it is probably either done half heartedly or the club have forced him to do it. It does not mean "Please come round and apologise".

parrp
26th February 2011, 22:44
Has he said sorry on his twitter account???

Darren Bloor
26th February 2011, 22:50
Whoever it is from here posting on the Bath forum is making us look a right set of tools.

ploughman
26th February 2011, 23:03
Wow! Will be a big surprise to me if true. Bath must have more money than sense if they'll pay a fee to have him for just a handful of end of season games, but maybe they consider it worth it to have him hit the ground running come next season (and some nice bums-on-seats inducing publicity). I hope they don't live to regret it when he sods off for a French club for even more money, leaving them in the lurch in a couple of years as we now are...

Anyway - a wasted talent in RU that we'll never see the best of, but he'll get a nicer house, car and much more publicity so c'est la vie. We've lost many better players than him in the past and gone on unaffected. So long Kyle and all the best - don't let the door smack you in the arse on the way out.

lock this thread now.the above post says everything that needs to be said.could someone please post this on the bath forum?100% agree with everything said,take his passport off him bath,as said.he'll be off to france soon

Wanderer
26th February 2011, 23:31
Why should he say today, he will give his all for the rest of the season, if he's going Monday??
I'm not sure many people have actually noticed that. Or indeed anything. We don't even know whether he is going yet, but most people seem to assume all that they read is accurate.

rally
26th February 2011, 23:32
pretty bored with all this now. Bye bye eastmond

Saint Dan
26th February 2011, 23:35
Nice carbon copy apology that i'm sure you can find the basic template for on google somewhere.

I'm at the point where i'll be more upset if he stays than if he goes. If he is staying for the rest of the year I will never clap him again, no matter what he does.

If anything i'll be quite annoyed with Royce if he hasn't got the stones to drop him.

Agent Mulder
26th February 2011, 23:38
lock this thread now.the above post says everything that needs to be said.could someone please post this on the bath forum?100% agree with everything said,take his passport off him bath,as said.he'll be off to france soon

Yea. Next week lol we play Catalans.

yorkyrl
27th February 2011, 00:49
Personally i cant see him playing for us again !

parrp
27th February 2011, 00:59
Personally i cant see him playing for us again !

I don't want to see him play for us again! He thinks he is bigger than the club he plays for... Not thanking the fans ,,, I wonder if he has ever heard the saying " don't bite the hand that feeds you"

If he does see the season out and he scored ten try's in every game till he finishes. I will still have no respect for him what so ever, and will still be glad to see the back.

HitTheWall
27th February 2011, 01:06
Yea. Next week lol we play Catalans.

For some reason I found this highly amusing, probably more amusing that it actually is lol. I blame lack of sleep.

I'm over the Kyle issue tbh. He can do what he likes. If he stays I'll support him as long as he gives his all for the team, if he goes I wish him all the best in the future. FWIW I hope he does stay until the end of the season, I can't see us being able to find an adequate replacement at such short notice.

yorkyrl
27th February 2011, 01:24
I disagree....he is in the way (was ) i think the club will want shut now !

warringtonsaint
27th February 2011, 09:30
Nice carbon copy apology that i'm sure you can find the basic template for on google somewhere.

I'm at the point where i'll be more upset if he stays than if he goes. If he is staying for the rest of the year I will never clap him again, no matter what he does.

If anything i'll be quite annoyed with Royce if he hasn't got the stones to drop him.

:D :D

I agree with the rest of what you say too - my thoughts entirely.