PDA

View Full Version : WTF Wish FM??

Bainsey
18th February 2011, 20:08
Just listening to the match coverage on Wish FM, where Saints have just taken the lead 6-0 from a Flannery try and they goto a break to play some ••••in music!!

What the •••• are you playing at Wish FM?? :!

wabo
18th February 2011, 20:14
Just listening to the match coverage on Wish FM, where Saints have just taken the lead 6-0 from a Flannery try and they goto a break to play some ••••in music!!

What the •••• are you playing at Wish FM?? :!

sounds like theyve taken the ITV approach to sports coverage, get gmr on ;)

Bainsey
18th February 2011, 20:14
Aye turned over straight after they did that stupid trick... So much for Wish FM's new super coverage of Rugby League eh? :grin:

Bilko
18th February 2011, 20:19
Madness. Don't see the point in that. Although their website does say website only but "full commentary" of some other games - http://www.wishfm.net/blog?id=10167

camsaint
18th February 2011, 20:24
It's live on Radio Manchester

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_radio_manchester

Saints-Crusaders
18th February 2011, 20:24
If you read their website, it says it's just live updates from tonight's game. It's full commentary for next week though

Sean Day
18th February 2011, 20:26
Tremendous coverage! Amateurs

Milowman1976
18th February 2011, 21:03
Evening all. Chris from Wish FM here. We were only ever billing 'live updates' from this evening's game because there are no broadcast quality facilities for commercial radio at The Willows, which would have allowed us to do full commentary. The BBC have the monopoly at this ground and despite the 'unique way in which the BBC is funded' (ie. by us!) they weren't prepared to share their ISDN lines.

We are using a set up which uses mobile phone networks, and, as it turns out the line seems better than we had hoped for - so we are upping our coverage through the 2nd half.

Every other ground in Super League has commercial radio facilities (except Catalan), so if you have re-tuned tonight, give us another chance in future weeks!

At least the result is looking good. See you pitchside next Friday.

Chris

Buddy
18th February 2011, 21:06
Evening all. Chris from Wish FM here. We were only ever billing 'live updates' from this evening's game because there are no broadcast quality facilities for commercial radio at The Willows, which would have allowed us to do full commentary. The BBC have the monopoly at this ground and despite the 'unique way in which the BBC is funded' (ie. by us!) they weren't prepared to share their ISDN lines.

We are using a set up which uses mobile phone networks, and, as it turns out the line seems better than we had hoped for - so we are upping our coverage through the 2nd half.

Every other ground in Super League has commercial radio facilities (except Catalan), so if you have re-tuned tonight, give us another chance in future weeks!

Chris

I think that's fair enough, thanks for the explanation

St Steve
18th February 2011, 21:29
I suppose you have to give wigan fm some praise for getting back so quickly with an explanation.

Bainsey
18th February 2011, 21:42

Chris

Thanks for the explanation Chris, especially one so quickly after my original post!

I will certain give you guys another chance in future weeks when I cant make the match live myself. Cheers!

Milowman1976
18th February 2011, 21:54
Thanks for the explanation Chris, especially one so quickly after my original post!

I will certain give you guys another chance in future weeks when I cant make the match live myself. Cheers!

No worries - good result though eh? Time to pummel the Dire now!

Bainsey
18th February 2011, 22:00
No worries - good result though eh? Time to pummel the Dire now!

Fantastic result! Just a shame we fell asleep a little for the last 15 mins.

After the performance that Kyle put in tonight I would be even more gutted if he announced that he is leaving us.

Bring on the dire!! :)

Bilko
18th February 2011, 22:09

You could tell it wasn't 100% quality but I think you'd have got away with it had you done full match, it didn't sound that bad. As it turns out the BBC cocked up the BBC Merseyside internet streaming of the match anyway.

Tallahassee
18th February 2011, 22:09
Looking at the team at kick off,no Pryce,no Wellens,no Perry,no Graham,no Wheeler,I would have been quite happy just winning before kick off.

Houghwood Saint
18th February 2011, 23:14
It's live on Radio Manchester

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_radio_manchester

Who is the new signing, Sheldon, that the clowns on GMR were referring to all night?

saint mully
18th February 2011, 23:24
I was really glad to hear Wish were doing RL commentary again, seemed odd that they haven't been doing it and haven't listened to the station for years as a result. I was gonna give Wish FM a try tonight, but switched over Merseyside after finding out it wasn't full live commentary. Good to have an explanation, will look forward to Wish FM commentaries in the future though!

Typical Radio Manchester by the sounds of it, 'Sheldon'?! Was that Jack Dearden, I bet! That guy ruins their coverage for me, much prefer Allan Rooney and co.

Syd
18th February 2011, 23:30

Chris

Nice to see a reply, I will have you up for a MOBO award for this, superb indeed Milowman.

Two Wheeled Saint
18th February 2011, 23:34
I was really glad to hear Wish were doing RL commentary again, seemed odd that they haven't been doing it and haven't listened to the station for years as a result. I was gonna give Wish FM a try tonight, but switched over Merseyside after finding out it wasn't full live commentary. Good to have an explanation, will look forward to Wish FM commentaries in the future though!

Typical Radio Manchester by the sounds of it, 'Sheldon'?! Was that Jack Dearden, I bet! That guy ruins their coverage for me, much prefer Allan Rooney and co.

What was the Sheldon thing?

Syd
18th February 2011, 23:39

Charles M. Sheldon (1857-1946) was an American social reformer who was best known for his authorship of the best selling inspirational novel In His Steps (1897). I was not a fan, found his work pretentious and shyte.

Sean Day
19th February 2011, 08:45
Charles M. Sheldon (1857-1946) was an American social reformer who was best known for his authorship of the best selling inspirational novel In His Steps (1897). .

Did he happen to play for Cas as well?

Dom McCormack
19th February 2011, 09:06

Trevor Hunt. All very embarrassing considering it wasn't just a one off slip of the tongue. Cringeworthy.

Agent Mulder
19th February 2011, 10:13
On the plus side though - if this Sheldon get's before the beak at anytime at least Shenton will get off. lol

daves
19th February 2011, 10:48

It's that dual registration thing.

The Verminator
19th February 2011, 12:26

Chris

Thanks for taking the trouble to explain.

luckysaint
19th February 2011, 12:32
Did he happen to play for Cas as well?

There used to be a bloke who played for Cas with a very similar name, don't know what happened to him though he seems to have disappeared from the Cas team, his name was Shenton. Lol.