PDA

View Full Version : cameras

Houghwood Saint
18th February 2011, 07:11
Would i be allowed to take a digital camera into a SL match?

Saints-Crusaders
18th February 2011, 07:46
Would i be allowed to take a digital camera into a SL match?

You're not supposed to

Gruntfuttock
18th February 2011, 08:18
but as everybody phone has a camera there is not a lot they can do about it

and when they announced one time to NOT take pictures at KR I was blinded by all the flashes coming from the Pop side

RedVee Admin
18th February 2011, 08:20
You can take a camera into any stadium but it's copyright infringement and against ground regulations to take photos of the match.

Two Wheeled Saint
18th February 2011, 08:30
How do you get pitchside? how much does that cost? that would be a fun day snapping a full match.

Saints-Crusaders
18th February 2011, 08:50
How do you get pitchside? how much does that cost? that would be a fun day snapping a full match.

Get a fake Press Accreditation badge and tell them you work for The Sun or Daily Star lol

wardies love child
18th February 2011, 09:11
Get a fake Press Accreditation badge and tell them you work for The Sun or Daily Star lol

You got more chance of getting pitch side if you said daily sport than the sun or star.

Saints-Crusaders
18th February 2011, 09:24
but as everybody phone has a camera there is not a lot they can do about it

and when they announced one time to NOT take pictures at KR I was blinded by all the flashes coming from the Pop side

But he did say a digital camera and not a cameraphone....and that was the final ever league game at KR, so you just knew everyone would have cameras....they weren't bothered about taking pictures that night, just concerned at all the flashes going off and distracting the players

little_frank
18th February 2011, 10:23
I'm only guessing but there may be circumstances in which it would be ok. A couple of years ago I used to take pictures with my SLR, primarily of a family member who used to be at Saints.

I always erred on the side of caution and asked permission of the club beforehand, and there was always a steward on hand to ensure I wasn't taking the ••••••. Unfortunately I can't recall the guy who I spoke with at Saints.....perhaps other redvee'ers can advise of the best person to contact.

Saints-Crusaders
18th February 2011, 10:54
I'm only guessing but there may be circumstances in which it would be ok. A couple of years ago I used to take pictures with my SLR, primarily of a family member who used to be at Saints.

I always erred on the side of caution and asked permission of the club beforehand, and there was always a steward on hand to ensure I wasn't taking the ••••••. Unfortunately I can't recall the guy who I spoke with at Satints.....perhaps other redvee'ers can advise of the best person to contact.

I remember going to Paul Wellens' testimonial game and took my camera with me but was told I couldn't pictures by one of the Stewards, even at a friendly

little_frank
18th February 2011, 11:29
I remember going to Paul Wellens' testimonial game and took my camera with me but was told I couldn't pictures by one of the Stewards, even at a friendly

Seems a tad harsh. Almost as daft as the travel writer (Bill Bryson?) who was prevented from taking photos of Grange-over-Sands railway station as he may have been a terrorist.