PDA

View Full Version : Sam tomkins knees!

Heydrich's Ghost
15th February 2011, 10:35
Will somebody PLEASE buy Sam Tomkins some knee-pads, as he goes into almost every tackle knees-first!

Also, I had to laugh at Phil Clarkes comments on SKY on Saturday: "Wigan's defence was fantastic last year, but this season they've taken it to a whole new level!" (this pearl of wisdom was of course uttered prior to them letting a 16-nil lead slip!). Isn't it strange how commentators can come to these kind of conclusions at the beginning of a brand new season and after less than 40 minutes of rugby! Wot a prat! :)

eddiewaringsflatcap
15th February 2011, 11:03
Will somebody PLEASE buy Sam Tomkins some knee-pads, as he goes into almost every tackle knees-first!

Also, I had to laugh at Phil Clarkes comments on SKY on Saturday: "Wigan's defence was fantastic last year, but this season they've taken it to a whole new level!" (this pearl of wisdom was of course uttered prior to them letting a 16-nil lead slip!). Isn't it strange how commentators can come to these kind of conclusions at the beginning of a brand new season and after less than 40 minutes of rugby! Wot a prat! :)

I would'nt know. Sky coverage of Rugby League seems to be a debating society these days with less time spent commenting on actual play and more time devoted to pointless rambles about

'... You know Eddie, Salford's defence was the weakest in the league at defending kicks off the fourth tackle from their opponants stand off when twenty metres from their own yard line.'

Most viewers have a decent knowledge of rugby. However like football under Gray, they are patronised about every tactical nuance of the game instead of in some cases, being left to make their own mind up about events on the field.

Wanderer
15th February 2011, 11:42
I notice that Sam Tomkins' two attempts to trap our players' hands didn't wash with Silverdud on Saturday. I wonder whether word has gone out to watch out for that little ploy of his?

wardies love child
15th February 2011, 11:52
I notice that Sam Tomkins' two attempts to trap our players' hands didn't wash with Silverdud on Saturday. I wonder whether word has gone out to watch out for that little ploy of his?

I noticed the one with jammer on stroke of half time. I don't think rat boy would try the same on Leon, last place he'd want leons hands clamped in. Saying that if someone gave him a gentle vice like squeeze he may not do it again.

Albion
15th February 2011, 11:52

Silverwood might have clamped down on it but in the Leeds Bradford game he pinged Buderus and said that he should never have had his hand in there in the first place

Wellensisno1
15th February 2011, 12:59
Thought this thread was about him swinging his knee at Wheeler's jaw after completing the tackle late in the second half. Already warned for kick out last season, now uses his knees instead.

Agent Mulder
15th February 2011, 14:24
He always digs his knees in when tackling and always has done. He has been warned on a number of occasions last season IIRC.

saintgeorge
15th February 2011, 16:13
Not only that but he has started to use his knees like he uses his hands to clamp players' hands so it looks like they are not releasing the player in the tackle. He did it to jammer just before the half time whistle on Saturday. Class player but likes to cheat.

Bobbie The Bomb
18th February 2011, 23:21
He's always had a niggly rough edge to his play using his knees and elbows with or without the ball. The knee on Wheeler was pre-meditated, but there are better exponents of sly elbows and knees in Super League so he'll get his just desert in the near future,