PDA

View Full Version : Injuries

Agent Mulder
13th February 2011, 11:54
Just heard that Wellens may need an operation on his wrist injury he sustained yesterday. Hope he is a quick healer. Still we got off lightly compared to some teams.

Saints-Crusaders
13th February 2011, 11:56
Just heard that Wellens may need an operation on his wrist injury he sustained yesterday. Hope he is a quick healer. Still we got off lightly compared to some teams.

Yesterday it said he sustained a rib injury

Agent Mulder
13th February 2011, 12:00
Yesterday it said he sustained a rib injury

I thought that, as he is still recovering from his rib injury but on sky they have just said he may need an op on his wrist injury,

Sausalito
13th February 2011, 12:44
http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=rleague/11/02/12/RUGBYL_Wigan_Quotes.html&BID=480

Tallahassee
13th February 2011, 14:05
How long will Pryce be out?

E Saint
13th February 2011, 14:17
How long will Pryce be out?

He said on twitter that he would miss 2 weeks at the most.

reliable sauce
13th February 2011, 14:32
Think you might have miss head it Agent Mulder, they stated he may need on operation on his rib.

We played better when Foster came on, extra pace and flair that we needed

Other teams have come off worse than us, Warrington for example. So i'm not to disappointed.

Was Flannery injured or dropped? If injured does anybody know anything about the injury sustained?

Birchy Boy
13th February 2011, 14:39
Flannery was deemed not fit at the final hour, that was what sky said last night.

Wanderer
13th February 2011, 15:14
According to Simmons, Saints are waiting on Wello to see if the RIB injury is a recurrance of the one he contracted last season and thought had healed. If it is, he will need minor surgery.

Pryce said on Twitter that he would be out for 'a few weeks at most'.

No idea about Flannery; he just didn't appear on the team sheet and I can't see any news of any injury.

I heard a rumour that Graham played on an injection yesterday, presumably for that ongoing back spasm problem but I don't know.

I hope I didn't see Jonny Lomax limping but that it was a figment of my dodgy view care of a Wakefield supporter's head.

Kyle Eastmond didn't go off. Yay! Improvement!

wardies love child
13th February 2011, 15:21
I thought lomax always walked with a slight limp. Unless it's a teen swagger

Agent Mulder
13th February 2011, 15:25
I heard that Flannery picked up a slight injury during an early morning light training session on the day of the game. He was 50/50 but they decided not to risk him.

luckysaint
13th February 2011, 15:27
According to Simmons, Saints are waiting on Wello to see if the RIB injury is a recurrance of the one he contracted last season and thought had healed. If it is, he will need minor surgery.

Pryce said on Twitter that he would be out for 'a few weeks at most'.

No idea about Flannery; he just didn't appear on the team sheet and I can't see any news of any injury.

Maybe thats why I though Jammer lloked even paler than normal then yesterday, I even thought he also had a bit of a strained expression on his face.

I heard a rumour that Graham played on an injection yesterday, presumably for that ongoing back spasm problem but I don't know.

I hope I didn't see Jonny Lomax limping but that it was a figment of my dodgy view care of a Wakefield supporter's head.

Kyle Eastmond didn't go off. Yay! Improvement!

reliable sauce
15th February 2011, 21:01
Latest: Wellens, Graham, Pryce, Wheeler all out for next week atleast!

My team for next week:

1. Foster
2. Gardner
3. Shenton
4. Soliola (Looks alot fitter and faster, worth a shot at centre) Plus we lacked quality outwide against Wigan although we was due to slow delivery
5. Meli
6. Lomax
7. Gaskell
8. Clough
9. Roby
10. Scarsbrook
11. Flannery
12. Dixon
13. Wilkin

14. Moore
15. Puletua
16. Ashurst
17. Armstrong

Div
15th February 2011, 21:14
After watching Salford at the weekend we should be able to get through the game with a few players missing. Week after Wire will be missing a few bodies for sure.

reliable sauce
15th February 2011, 21:17
After watching Salford at the weekend we should be able to get through the game with a few players missing. Week after Wire will be missing a few bodies for sure.

We are going to have to be predator like out wide and take every opportunity we can.
We don't have the best halves as everyone can see, lacking experience.

Scarsbrook, Wilkin, Puletua, Roby i'm sure will muscle up in the forwards as usual (Soliola aswell if he plays SR)

Lex
15th February 2011, 21:18
Latest: Wellens, Graham, Pryce, Wheeler all out for next week atleast!

My team for next week:

1. Foster
2. Gardner
3. Shenton
4. Soliola (Looks alot fitter and faster, worth a shot at centre) Plus we lacked quality outwide against Wigan although we was due to slow delivery
5. Meli
6. Lomax
7. Gaskell
8. Clough
9. Roby
10. Scarsbrook
11. Flannery
12. Dixon
13. Wilkin

14. Moore
15. Puletua
16. Ashurst
17. Armstrong
You already ditched Eastmond then ?

DD
15th February 2011, 22:23
My opinion that it was stupid to be releasing so many props has been shown to be right already.

JC or is it just GC
15th February 2011, 22:52
My opinion that it was stupid to be releasing so many props has been shown to be right already.

Hindsight is a cheap gift!! Quality comment is an harder gift to acquire.

Birchy Boy
15th February 2011, 22:56
clough is destined to be a prop! we also have pulutea! ashurst dixon flannery can cover the SR!! sorted we'll be fine!

Greengrass
16th February 2011, 00:29
clough is destined to be a prop! we also have pulutea! ashurst dixon flannery can cover the SR!! sorted we'll be fine!

Oh well that's ok then.

Buddy
16th February 2011, 08:43
I'm starting to think that an injury crisis that lasts over 2 years could be more than just bad luck. Especially if players are getting hurt in training sessions on the morning of a match.

The Yellow Giraffe
16th February 2011, 08:59
I'm starting to think that an injury crisis that lasts over 2 years could be more than just bad luck. Especially if players are getting hurt in training sessions on the morning of a match.

I think I have to agree with you there, albeit very reluctantly! Don't ask me what it could be down to though.

Buddy
16th February 2011, 09:05
I think I have to agree with you there, albeit very reluctantly! Don't ask me what it could be down to though.

I'm not saying I can explain it

The Yellow Giraffe
16th February 2011, 09:08
I'm not saying I can explain it

I know that, didnt realise I suggested you could.

Div
16th February 2011, 13:05

Stick yer neck out....:whistling:

The Yellow Giraffe
16th February 2011, 13:12
Stick yer neck out....:whistling:

Ha ha. I wouldn't like to speculate, but it does seem that for the last 2 years we have had more injuries than most. Probably is just pure bad luck and its the typical blame culture kicking in!!

Buddy
16th February 2011, 13:22
I'm not sure I'm looking to blame anyone, but we seem to be very very unfortunate.

And when it goes on for so long you must start to question if its luck or something else

HitTheWall
16th February 2011, 15:43
I think Wilkin might have a point to be fair when he says players nowadays are 'overtrained'.

Wanderer
16th February 2011, 15:48
He twisted his ankle, that's all. Anyone can twist their ankle doing pretty much anything!

Buddy
16th February 2011, 15:58
I think Wilkin might have a point to be fair when he says players nowadays are 'overtrained'.

It could be, or it could be that players are less prepared to play with knocks than in the past (or coach's more reluctant to risk them). As I say I'm not finger pointing or anything, but I can't remember a time when we had such a consistant run of "bad luck" on the injury front.

saintgeorge
16th February 2011, 17:27
Most SL teams seem to be suffering abit of an injury crisis after MM. Deacon got injured for the Pies and Leulai seemed to be limping at one point. Wire lost Briers and King. Salford have lost Godwin through the disciplinary - and look at poor old Wakey! These early rounds will find players out. Would like to have Jammer and Wello back next week against the Wire - we will need their experience at the very least .

Saint Simon
17th February 2011, 13:01
I've just heard that if Wello requires surgery on his ribs he could be out for the season, anyone heard anything similar?

reliable sauce
20th February 2011, 14:55
Anyone know when Pryce will be back, i've either missed something or it hasn't been confirmed?
Groin injuries usually take 3/4 weeks to recover

Wanderer
20th February 2011, 15:10
I've just heard that if Wello requires surgery on his ribs he could be out for the season, anyone heard anything similar?
No. Simmons said in press interviews that he may require minor surgery, which does not sound like a season-long absence to me.

Anyone know when Pryce will be back, i've either missed something or it hasn't been confirmed? Groin injuries usually take 3/4 weeks to recover
Last I read was from Pryce himself who said just before the Magic weekend that he should be out for 'a few weeks at most'. Personally, I don't expect him back for the Warrington game but you never know.

reliable sauce
20th February 2011, 15:15
Last I read was from Pryce himself who said just before the Magic weekend that he should be out for 'a few weeks at most'. Personally, I don't expect him back for the Warrington game but you never know.

Cheers, will be a breath of fresh air when we have him back.
Will take pressure off the confidence shattered Eastmond

Wanderer
20th February 2011, 15:20
Cheers, will be a breath of fresh air when we have him back.
Will take pressure off the confidence shattered Eastmond
Agreed on both counts! Meanwhile, Lee Gaskell gets some very valuable experience.

Lex
20th February 2011, 20:11
I strongly believe both Leon and Jammer will be in the team against Dire, Wello may not, but Im not to concerned about his injury, considering he was named in the 19this week.

Driftking78
20th February 2011, 20:48
I strongly believe both Leon and Jammer will be in the team against Dire, Wello may not, but Im not to concerned about his injury, considering he was named in the 19this week.

Graham was on Radio Merseyside before the Salford match. He said he could of played if needed but he was getting rested. Leon im not sure on.. Be good to have him & Eastmond against Dire..

HitTheWall
20th February 2011, 22:22
Leon im not sure on.. Be good to have him & Eastmond against Dire..

It'd be awesome just to have a fully fit first-choice halfback pairing for once against them

Wanderer
20th February 2011, 23:55
It'd be awesome just to have a fully fit first-choice halfback pairing for once against them
Or against anybody!