PDA

View Full Version : pace

halo
12th February 2011, 11:34
Well its the start of a new season and looking at our squad i just dont think we have sorted out this problem.For me its the one thing we lack the forwards look good enough but out wide we still look slow thought we would have signed at least one flying winger.Whats everyone elses thoughts.

Tobias
12th February 2011, 11:49
Pace? In alphabetical order, off the top of my head ... Eastmond, Foster, Lomax, Shenton, Wheeler - even LMS is pacey for a chaop of his size.

Talk some sense!
12th February 2011, 12:02
Season is 7 hours away from starting but you've got having a moan?

C'mon man it's the big day - instead of moaning get behind the team!

For what it's worth we have enough pace in the team imo

The Wee Waa Womble
12th February 2011, 12:37
Pace? In alphabetical order, off the top of my head ... Eastmond, Foster, Lomax, Shenton, Wheeler - even LMS is pacey for a chaop of his size.

Based on 2 performances people now seem to think Gardner has pace. We have a lot more pace now than at times last season when we ended up with a backline of Wello, Gardner, Flannery, Gidley, Meli, Moore and Wilkin. We have a great mix of pace and creativity in the backline tonight and I'm excited to see how we perform.

halo
12th February 2011, 12:50
Eastmond is not an outside back and anyone who thinks foster wheeler lomax are flyers are watching a different players

Tobias
12th February 2011, 13:29
And you are watching a different game!

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
12th February 2011, 13:51
Scott Moore on the latest Saints podcast reckons the whole squad is a lot more mobile due to them all shedding weight in pre-season.

Albion
12th February 2011, 15:42
Eastmond is not an outside back and anyone who thinks foster wheeler lomax are flyers are watching a different players

The players mentioned by Tobias all have pace about them IMO

Agent Mulder
12th February 2011, 15:49
Looking on the Goons site some of them are not as confident as they were. I think this will be a much closer game than some think.

halo
13th February 2011, 09:47
To be honest tobias i must be watching a different game one where we play in slow motion mate

Tobias
13th February 2011, 12:51
Clearly.

Wanderer
13th February 2011, 15:16
I was surprised by how fast Wheeler was! It must be that he has shed the Potter pounds because that guy can really motor. We are not doing at all badly for pace this season, with the exception of our wingers who apart from being probably the slowest wingers in the league were also our worst players yesterday.

welshsaint
13th February 2011, 15:19
I thought Wheeler had a cracker of a game and it was Foster's magic that put the whole thing together. Why oh why, though ,did we not buy Patrick ah Van?

Syd
13th February 2011, 15:20
Look faster than last year for me, trimmer and faster.

Wanderer
13th February 2011, 15:26
I thought Wheeler had a cracker of a game and it was Foster's magic that put the whole thing together.
Good shout.