PDA

View Full Version : Team for Saturday

Wanderer
27th January 2011, 19:08
Royce has named his team for Saturday (http://www.saintsrlfc.com/news/2972)

Great to see Wellens and Lomax back in action. I assume Lomax will be partnering Pryce in the halves.

I'm looking forward to watching what our new look team can do against a Superleague team. Hudds look like they're bringing a first choice team with them.

reliable sauce
27th January 2011, 21:38
1. Wellens
2. Foster
3. Shenton
4. Wheeler
5. Meli
6. Pryce
7. Lomax
8. McCarthy-Scarsbrook
9. Roby
10. Graham
11. Soliola
12. Flannery
13. Wilkin

14. Moore
15. Clough
16. Puletua
17. Dixon

Simmons is going to take this friendly very seriously, i am sure he is undecided still as to who is going to cover Eastmond at 7. Whether it be Moore/Gaskell/Lomax

superdom
27th January 2011, 22:34
Simmons is going to take this friendly very seriously, i am sure he is undecided still as to who is going to cover Eastmond at 7. Whether it be Moore/Gaskell/Lomax

Moore has to be played at hooker, or at least interchange hooker.
Lomax and Gaskell should be given the responsibility of playing in the halves with the experienced Pryce to look after them.

100% Saint
28th January 2011, 00:26
I'm surprised to see Graham in the line up considering his injury, i would of thought Simmons would of left him out or just put him on the bench.

Scouse Don
28th January 2011, 08:30
Might just be me but that 17 is as good as if not better than anything else in Superleague.

FearTheVee
28th January 2011, 09:05
Might just be me but that 17 is as good as if not better than anything else in Superleague.

Get Eastmond and Perry in there and I'd agree.

Our first choice 17 is the best in SL IMO, no question. Problem is that at least 3 of that 17 (Eastmond/Wheeler/Soliola) have a history of frequent injuries.

HitTheWall
28th January 2011, 09:09
Thought Lomax had a fracture in his leg? Good to see him back, I expect a big season for him this year.

Woodsy79
28th January 2011, 13:09
1. Wellens
2. Foster
3. Shenton
4. Wheeler
5. Meli
6. Pryce
7. Lomax
8. McCarthy-Scarsbrook
9. Roby
10. Graham
11. Soliola
12. Flannery
13. Wilkin

14. Moore
15. Clough
16. Puletua
17. Dixon

I think we'll see that team with the exception of Gardner coming in for Foster. If Lomax is playing he can take on goal kicking duties.

Wanderer
28th January 2011, 13:35
Thought Lomax had a fracture in his leg? Good to see him back, I expect a big season for him this year.
I think his fracture was discovered at the start of the off season. He was just judged not to be ready enough to return last week.

Agent Mulder
28th January 2011, 14:41
Last night I was listening to Radio Merseysides RL programme. They had loads of Saints players interviews on. Recorded after Sundays game at Widnes. Roby, Moore, and Perry among them. Can't remember off hand the others. It was very good, I don't know if anyone else was listening to it. They were saying how they need to up their game this next week. They all seemed impressed with the new coach and what he has been doing so far etc.

The Cake
28th January 2011, 15:10
Its a very different side this year, simply at there is no KC - its going to be a big change...

Shame we dont seem to have another natural Scrum Half as I would push Eastmond out the door, all the uncertainty over this unproven mans future could be damaging.

Should be a great game Sunday tho!

superdom
28th January 2011, 15:50
Should be a great game Sunday tho!

Is the game not on Saturday?

Agent Mulder
28th January 2011, 16:34
Is the game not on Saturday?

It is Saturday.

Londonsaints
28th January 2011, 16:50
Last night I was listening to Radio Merseysides RL programme. They had loads of Saints players interviews on. Recorded after Sundays game at Widnes. Roby, Moore, and Perry among them. Can't remember off hand the others. It was very good, I don't know if anyone else was listening to it. They were saying how they need to up their game this next week. They all seemed impressed with the new coach and what he has been doing so far etc.

And they have must have been put thorugh some very hard work in the pre season, as they all looked toned, trim and fit on Sunday and noticed the pre match warm up drills were new and very different from the last couple of seasons.

Barney Rubble
28th January 2011, 21:03
Was due to take both my kids for there first game tomorrow. My little girl has just told me she doesnt want to go now. I bought a family ticket plus a junior, so if somone can put the junior ticket to good use let me know sharpish.

Reacher
28th January 2011, 21:11
Bloody women eh! She would not have understood the offside rule anyway! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barney Rubble
28th January 2011, 21:16
Bloody women eh! She would not have understood the offside rule anyway! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHa Ha...She knows more than the bloke with the hairy knuckles anyway mate :D

daves
29th January 2011, 10:36
So,anyone know if the game is definitely on after last nights frost?Don't know how the Stobart pitch copes with adverse weather.

Forget that.Just seen the admin post.Thank you.