PDA

View Full Version : Important point from Widnes game !

Scouse Don
24th January 2011, 08:25
That kit looked great !!

PS I hope Wilkin plays as a traditional loose forward all season and we dont chop and change like we have been doing for the last few seasons (that's the main point !)

HitTheWall
24th January 2011, 08:41
That kit looked great

!!PS I hope Wilkin plays as a traditional loose forward all season and we dont chop and change like we have been doing for the last few seasons (that's the main point !)

We've only done that the last two seasons because we have been forced to, we've had no other option. Hopefully this year our regular halfback pairing will remain relatively fit all season (although it's not really getting off to a good start already!)

HitTheWall
24th January 2011, 08:43
Btw, picking up on your other point, why did Widnes change into their grey strip at half time yesterday? Surely as we were playing in grey also it made more sense just to play in their home strip? Were they parading the kits or something?

Chop
24th January 2011, 09:18
IMO keep him at Loose Forward but what really got on my wick at Widnes yesterday was the ammount of times he was 'laying on' in the tackle. Some things dont change do they.

Scouse Don
24th January 2011, 09:32
IMO keep him at Loose Forward but what really got on my wick at Widnes yesterday was the ammount of times he was 'laying on' in the tackle. Some things dont change do they.

That must be down to instructions though.If the coach says don't do it then he won't.

saintgeorge
24th January 2011, 13:42
Btw, picking up on your other point, why did Widnes change into their grey strip at half time yesterday? Surely as we were playing in grey also it made more sense just to play in their home strip? Were they parading the kits or something?
The Widnes away kit of grey and tangerine has to go down as one of the worst I have ever seen.

Wanderer
24th January 2011, 15:37
The Widnes away kit of grey and tangerine has to go down as one of the worst I have ever seen.
I liked their fluorescent yellow one of a couple of seasons ago better.

Wallasey Saint
24th January 2011, 15:52
The Widnes away kit is awful, although i do like there home kit. Now that i've seen it in the flesh, i'm not sure i like our away kit, would have been better if it was Black/Red in the same style. Although the away kit is still a lot better than most of the garish kits other Clubs have released for this Season.

wabo
24th January 2011, 16:58
apparently the kit change idea was we were the away team first half and home team second half and widnes vice versa, didnt quite take off tho

Albion
24th January 2011, 19:03
Leon Pryce didn't look too happy when he saw them come out in that strip. Obvious clash there.

Our kit looked really good, I hated it when someone posted it on here but it really is a smart kit.

Regards to Jon Wilkin, maybe Royce will be putting him in his natural position for once. I wasn't overly concerned with Potter's team selection but him putting Wilkin at 12 and Flannery at 13 really got on my wick.

Wanderer
24th January 2011, 19:16
Now that i've seen it in the flesh, i'm not sure i like our away kit, would have been better if it was Black/Red in the same style.
I've had the reverse reaction. I didn't like it when I first saw it but now that I've seen it on flesh, er I mean in the flesh, I really like it.

Wallasey Saint
24th January 2011, 22:59
I've had the reverse reaction. I didn't like it when I first saw it but now that I've seen it on flesh, er I mean in the flesh, I really like it.

Lol mind you, having said i'm not sure i like the away kit, i'll still end up buying it. Although the worst thing about yeaterdays game, was that horrible music:disgusted: Widnes ran out to, even one of the Stewards was trying to cover his ears when that blasted out over the Tannoy.:biggrin:

SAINTSGUS
26th January 2011, 21:26
John Wilkin is a star No.13...always destined to replace Scully

He must be No.13 all season and stay there..

Flanno...at 13.......NO ..maybe Leigh.......

Buddy
27th January 2011, 07:43
QUOTE]

John Wilkin is a star No.13...always destined to replace Scully

He must be No.13 all season and stay there..

Flanno...at 13.......NO ..maybe Leigh.......

Thanks for posting Mrs Wilkin, sadly your son has a very long way to go before he can be considered fit to lace the boots of ANY of our great loose forwards of the past.

Scully won back to back man of steel awards, Wilkin hasn't won two man of the match awards in the same season.

snellinmo
27th January 2011, 21:50
Lol mind you, having said i'm not sure i like the away kit, i'll still end up buying it. Although the worst thing about yeaterdays game, was that horrible music:disgusted: Widnes ran out to, even one of the Stewards was trying to cover his ears when that blasted out over the Tannoy.:biggrin:

Not even English 'I am the Widnes Vikings' (to the tune of I Am the One and Only -for those who weren't there)
Agreed it was cringe making and horrendous!!!!