PDA

View Full Version : It wont take a while - Eastmond

The Hoss
14th January 2011, 16:15
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/rugby_league/3336746/it-wont-take-a-while-kyle.html

Looks like we'll know sooner rather than later...

Syd
14th January 2011, 16:26
No rush, he is only due back playing in October 2011, no rush.

wafu-saint
14th January 2011, 16:29
he's gone in my opinion .

Tallahassee
14th January 2011, 16:32
Always worries me, when there is a picture of Eastmond he's never in a Saints kit.

diggsy
14th January 2011, 16:34
yep afraid so :-/

Agent Mulder
14th January 2011, 16:47
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/rugby_league/3336746/it-wont-take-a-while-kyle.html

Looks like we'll know sooner rather than later...

Which at the end of the day is what we all want whatever the outcome.
We might all get a surprise - one way or another.

The Cake
14th January 2011, 17:22
Talk about unsettling the team, he is saying to us it will take 4 weeks - who is the employee/employer here! Tell him to make his mind up now, and if he decides to get let him go now and be injured for someone else for a season

Saint_Claire
14th January 2011, 17:38
All this media hype is going to backfire if it carries on. I have no idea what Kyle is like as a person but he certainly is not going out of his way to win over fans. From what I've seen I'd love him to be at Saints. However, one has to hope that last seasons injuries were not indicative of what is to come. For me until he backs up his performances consistently there should not be all this hype. I know it's a shortlived career, I know he needs to earn what he can, but it should be done in a less ransom style manner, as this just p**ses people off and if it all goes pear-shaped and he doesn't turn out to be the messiah after all it's going to do him no favours

Londonsaints
14th January 2011, 17:50
Has great potential for sure .....................but with the contract nonsense last time (last year?) with him and his then agent Offiah, before this latest round of will he wont he, I lost interest in him as a saints player. No one is bigger than the club.

The Hoss
14th January 2011, 17:59
Has great potential for sure .....................but with the contract nonsense last time (last year?) with him and his then agent Offiah, before this latest round of will he wont he, I lost interest in him as a saints player. No one is bigger than the club.

Though Offiah still is his agent?

Saint_Claire
14th January 2011, 18:06
Though Offiah still is his agent?

No it's Richard Cramer now.

Dynamite Don Brennan
14th January 2011, 18:09
Some people need to get a grip.
Anyways this exact story was out over a week ago.

Private Pyle
14th January 2011, 18:41
Personally I think this should all be very simple. If he isn't prepared to sign a five year (similar to Tomkin) then they should let him go. I know contract wrangling is part and parcel of the game these days but do we have to have this every year FFS!

Long deal or no deal as far as I'm concerned. That way if he does decide he wants to leave at some point we'll get a decent wedge from it

johnnyl
14th January 2011, 18:44
That way if he does decide he wants to leave at some point we'll get a decent wedge from it

except for....we wont. We will be lucky to get anything.

warringtonsaint
14th January 2011, 18:48
Great potential, little more at this stage, although I would be sorry to see him go.

This permanent speculation though is very very tedious; like someone else has said - long time or time to go.

Saint_Claire
14th January 2011, 18:57
Great potential, little more at this stage, although I would be sorry to see him go.

This permanent speculation though is very very tedious; like someone else has said - long time or time to go.

Exactly.

wirefox
14th January 2011, 19:00
Two lads,same age Tomkins of wigan proves himself over two full seasons and only wants to play for the pies.Eastmond proves himself easily hurt and will play for the highest bidder.Unbelievable,no loyalty whatsoever,get rid,and quick

The Chair Maker
14th January 2011, 19:51
The way i always read that article was that he wants to get a new contract signed at Saints, to stop all the speculation thats been doing the rounds.

I get the impression from this, and Richard Cramer his agents comments re getting things sorted quick, is that the press speculation and possibly responses from fans is upsetting and unsettling Kyle.

Certainly some of the stuff written about him on this and other forums is IMO verging on downright nasty and vindictive.

Sean Day
14th January 2011, 19:56
I think he will end up staying to be honest. His agent wouldn't be in the media every 5 minutes if he had decided to go

Wanderer
14th January 2011, 20:14
I get the impression from this, and Richard Cramer his agents comments re getting things sorted quick, is that the press speculation and possibly responses from fans is upsetting and unsettling Kyle.
Then Kyle should instruct his agents to avoid going to the press. He's done it twice now so he can't expect fans to warm to him for it. I think fans might have been more tolerant if he'd played the full season and blown us all away. But although the injuries were not his fault, fans have had to put up with the frustration of seeing him on and off the pitch at the most crucial time of the season and then he goes to the press with yet another rugby union story around contract negotiation time. While I don't condone the more vindictive stuff - no need at all for that - I can understand fans getting tired of him playing the media/union game, especially given that he has not yet proven himself. I'm certainly tired of him playing the media/union game. I respected Roby's and Wello's way of doing business. Should Kyle stay with us and contract negotiation time comes up again then he would get a ton more respect if he approached his business in the way that Jammer, Roby and Wello have done - and they HAVE proven themselves!

The Chair Maker
14th January 2011, 20:35
Then Kyle should instruct his agents to avoid going to the press. He's done it twice now so he can't expect fans to warm to him for it. I think fans might have been more tolerant if he'd played the full season and blown us all away. But although the injuries were not his fault, fans have had to put up with the frustration of seeing him on and off the pitch at the most crucial time of the season and then he goes to the press with yet another rugby union story around contract negotiation time. While I don't condone the more vindictive stuff - no need at all for that - I can understand fans getting tired of him playing the media/union game, especially given that he has not yet proven himself. I'm certainly tired of him playing the media/union game. I respected Roby's and Wello's way of doing business. Should Kyle stay with us and contract negotiation time comes up again then he would get a ton more respect if he approached his business in the way that Jammer, Roby and Wello have done - and they HAVE proven themselves!

One thing people have not considered is that maybe Kyle and his agent were wanting things sorted out quick, but Saints were prevaricating and saying they would sort it later.
As a result Kyles agent decided to give Saints the proverbial kick up the backside by having him seen at Bath and getting it in the press.
Such things can concentrate minds wonderfully, and maybe have succeeded in getting Saints to sort things out quicker than they probably wanted to.

Certainly as a player i would not want my contract talks dragging into the playing season.

Dynamite Don Brennan
14th January 2011, 20:38

Yea but If Union clubs were throwing money at them things might have been different,who knows.

Huntingtons
14th January 2011, 23:09
Certainly some of the stuff written about him on this and other forums is IMO verging on downright nasty and vindictive.

Then he should have thought about that before he whored himself to bath. Hes just another Chris Ashton and I wont be at all fussed when he leaves. You can have all the potential in the world, but if you dont have the passion for the shirt, there is no point.

HitTheWall
14th January 2011, 23:38
It surprises me how many people on here don't know a diamond find when they see one.

It simply astounds me however the amount of people who are grotesquely bitter towards Kyle simply because he's considering a move away from Saints. It's hardly crime of the century. No need to dismiss options out of hand before they're on the table.

FWIW, I think Saints have told him to make his mind up sharpish. If he's jumping ship, then we need to start looking for a replacement fast if we want to assure quality. It's not like he's a prop forward, which are fairly easy to replace; he's our number 7, one of the most pivotal positions in a rugby team.

Saint_Claire
14th January 2011, 23:42
Two lads,same age Tomkins of wigan proves himself over two full seasons and only wants to play for the pies.Eastmond proves himself easily hurt and will play for the highest bidder.Unbelievable,no loyalty whatsoever,get rid,and quick

IIRC it was 3 lads that all the hype was over originally. Myler was the third. Boddingtons?

johnnyl
14th January 2011, 23:43
Then he should have thought about that before he whored himself to bath. Hes just another Chris Ashton and I wont be at all fussed when he leaves. You can have all the potential in the world, but if you dont have the passion for the shirt, there is no point.

so you dont think that someone doing a job has a right to try to maximise their earnings?

Wanderer
15th January 2011, 01:10
One thing people have not considered is that maybe Kyle and his agent were wanting things sorted out quick, but Saints were prevaricating and saying they would sort it later.
Good point. Although I would have thought it unlikely. Surely it must suit Saints better to have things done and dusted so that plans can be made?

It simply astounds me however the amount of people who are grotesquely bitter towards Kyle simply because he's considering a move away from Saints.
Possibly some fans are annoyed he is considering a move from Saints but is that really what most fans on the forums are talking about? Is it not more that he is playing media games to try and get more cash? (Or so it seems)

Scouse Don
15th January 2011, 08:07
Lets be fair to Kyle, He is under contract at Saints for another season and it's easy for the press to speculate and no-one has really said anything officially.
Give the club a bit of credit.
If Eamonn had given him a 5 year deal and he was constantly injured most of you on here would be slagging the club off !!
Nobody has to do anything. Can't imagine clubs are lining up to throw millions at Kyle with his injury record.
I suspect Kyle is canny enough to know he has to perform to get a contract for anyone and he will have to do that for us this year.:S

OoOGazOoO
15th January 2011, 09:19
Personally Kyle, you're starting to p*ss people off, with your constant crap being circulated in the press, year after year, including myself.

Especially when you have limped off or looked completely fragile in games and then refusing to come off.

Always nice to see the club being 'held to ransom' to some degree by someone who has obvious talent, but hasnt really achieved the heights and expectations as of yet due to injury. It's all becoming a little boring to be honest.

** I await the, Kyle is magic crowd **

Dynamite Don Brennan
15th January 2011, 09:27
Personally Kyle, you're starting to p*ss people off, with your constant crap being circulated in the press, year after year, including myself.

Especially when you have limped off or looked completely fragile in games and then refusing to come off.

Always nice to see the club being 'held to ransom' to some degree by someone who has obvious talent, but hasnt really achieved the heights and expectations as of yet due to injury. It's all becoming a little boring to be honest.

** I await the, Kyle is magic crowd **

That would be anyone with an opposite view to yours would It?

warringtonsaint
15th January 2011, 10:00
There a 3 parties in this - the player, his agent and the club.

Who knows which of them is responsible for creating this constant media circus? Is it Eastmond for not committing? Perhaps his agent for being greedy? Maybe Saints for dilly-dallying about offering him an appropriate deal?

Maybe a combination of all three - anything on here is pure speculation at best.

Whatever and whoever, it's certainly not being handled as well as the Tompkins scenario has been at Wigan apparently.

Dynamite Don Brennan
15th January 2011, 11:12
There a 3 parties in this - the player, his agent and the club.

Who knows which of them is responsible for creating this constant media circus? Is it Eastmond for not committing? Perhaps his agent for being greedy? Maybe Saints for dilly-dallying about offering him an appropriate deal?

Maybe a combination of all three - anything on here is pure speculation at best.

Whatever and whoever, it's certainly not being handled as well as the Tompkins scenario has been at Wigan apparently.

Has Graham signed yet,nobody geting fed up with all the stories linking him to the NRL?

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
15th January 2011, 11:17
as well as Kyle messing Saints around - it is equally possible that Saints have said to him "get yourself fit, and back in the team, then we can look at a new contract"

There would be nothing worse than handing him a massive contract in order to get it sorted ASAP, then have him sat on the sidelines for the next 12 months.

I think everyone needs to chill out a bit. It is in everyone's best interests for Kyle to stay at Saints (including his own IMO). I dont think he will be able to command a massive amount of cash from Union at the moment, so he is better off staying in RL for 7/8 more years to raise his profile - then move over for the retirement fund topup. He will stay at Saints, and it will get sorted in the next few weeks. No RU club is going to throw a massive amount of cash at him until he proves his fitness.

It is no different to the James Graham situation - who has actually said publicly that he is seeking to leave the club.

OoOGazOoO
15th January 2011, 11:17
Has Graham signed yet,nobody geting fed up with all the stories linking him to the NRL?

Graham at least declares his love for the shirt, the town, the club, etc... and would run through a brick wall and constantly shows mental toughness during games...

Wanderer
15th January 2011, 11:20
It is no different to the James Graham situation - who has actually said publicly that he is seeking to leave the club.
No he hasn't. He has said publically that he is 50:50.

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
15th January 2011, 11:28
No he hasn't. He has said publically that he is 50:50.

which is a million times more than Kyle has actually said.

Lygase
15th January 2011, 11:35
if he goes he is nothing more than a Judas... he's been brought on from the age of 13, Saints have put 110% into Kyle, and this is how he repays them? IMO all this hype is for one thing.... money, the more noise he makes about leaving and the number of clubs interested in him, the more the interested parties will have to pay, Rugby League isn't a game for a lad who acts in such a way, he should show saints the same commitment they have shown him for the last 9 or so years instead of throwing it back in their faces.

I hope he stays, i really do, he's got some much potential, but if he's acting like this then he can bugger off, he's not irreplaceable, as seen last season when we managed without him, he needs to make the decision sooner rather than later then Saints can begin to plan around him, or plan around someone else. If he signs for union, then bench him, there is no place for traitors

Spider Ski
15th January 2011, 11:44
if he goes he is nothing more than a Judas... he's been brought on from the age of 13, Saints have put 110% into Kyle, and this is how he repays them? IMO all this hype is for one thing.... money, the more noise he makes about leaving and the number of clubs interested in him, the more the interested parties will have to pay, Rugby League isn't a game for a lad who acts in such a way, he should show saints the same commitment they have shown him for the last 9 or so years instead of throwing it back in their faces.

I hope he stays, i really do, he's got some much potential, but if he's acting like this then he can bugger off, he's not irreplaceable, as seen last season when we managed without him, he needs to make the decision sooner rather than later then Saints can begin to plan around him, or plan around someone else. If he signs for union, then bench him, there is no place for traitors

Those splinters must be killing your backside.

warringtonsaint
15th January 2011, 11:50

Nowhere near the same amount of "noise" as that surrounding the Eastmond situation though is there?

Lygase
15th January 2011, 12:05
Those splinters must be killing your backside. jus tellin it how i see it mate, i know not everyone will agree, but we're here for a debate/argument aren't we? lol

Driftking78
15th January 2011, 12:19
Eamonn will do whats best for the club. He will make the offer the club can afford to both Eastmond & Graham... If they dont re sign with Saints so be it.. Good luck to them.
Im hoping that if this situation isnt sorted before the start of the season were not gonna have our own fans booing Kyle.
IMO Kyle is 70/30 to sign for Saints 3 or 4 year deal would be nice,but it should have a clause in it regarding injury. Graham on the other hand i think depends on our performances id have to say 50/50 for him re signing.

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
15th January 2011, 12:42

I presume you treated Keiron Cunningham with the same disdain in the last 8/9 years of his Saints career, afterall he did a hell of a lot more to court Union than Kyle has done in his attempts to move to Union. The only reason KC wasnt playing RU in 2002 was the RFL CLUB GB cash that got stumped up for him to stop him leaving.

a few selected quotes I have found......

Cunningham said: "It's with the WRU and a couple of clubs and I'm very excited about it."

"It's just a case of deciding on which club, but it's definitely going to be in Wales. Hopefully I'll soon be on my way.

"I've talked figures with people and if it all goes to plan there is going to be a big announcement in the next couple of weeks.""

..... the St Helens hooker has revealed that Henry has opened talks about a switch of codes after the tournament.

"I have spoken to Graham Henry and he has told me he would like me to be available for Wales for the 2003 World Cup," said Cunningham.

"He told me I would need to play at least one season of Rugby Union before the tournament.

"I need a new challenge and rugby union is the way to turn because I have achieved almost everything I want to in League.

"I will be talking to Graham Henry again after the Rugby League World Cup has finished and coming down to Wales to look at a few clubs."

The Chair Maker
15th January 2011, 13:40
Nowhere near the same amount of "noise" as that surrounding the Eastmond situation though is there?

Most of the noise re Eastmond is coming from Fans. The only bits in the media re Kyle have been an article about him watching a match at Bath, alleged interest from RU clubs, and him wanting to get contract talks sorted with Saints.
Nothing more.

Whereas Its appeared to me that nearly every article written about Graham for the last 12 months has talked about him thinking of going to Australia.

Infact just done a google fight with "James Graham NRL" and "Kyle Eastmond Rugby union".
The score is Graham 28900 Eastmond 688

HitTheWall
15th January 2011, 13:42
Possibly some fans are annoyed he is considering a move from Saints but is that really what most fans on the forums are talking about? Is it not more that he is playing media games to try and get more cash? (Or so it seems)

That's the job of the agents. If you're good enough then why the hell not? Why settle for less when you can get three times as much? He's not the first to do it and he won't be the last.

johnnyl
15th January 2011, 14:26
That's the job of the agents. If you're good enough then why the hell not? Why settle for less when you can get three times as much? He's not the first to do it and he won't be the last.

Precisely. None of us would stay in a job that pays 20K if we could do the same for 40 or 50K. Why should the players? They aint on mega bucks like footballers they have to get what they can while they can.

warringtonsaint
15th January 2011, 14:37
Most of the noise re Eastmond is coming from Fans. The only bits in the media re Kyle have been an article about him watching a match at Bath, alleged interest from RU clubs, and him wanting to get contract talks sorted with Saints.
Nothing more.

Whereas Its appeared to me that nearly every article written about Graham for the last 12 months has talked about him thinking of going to Australia.

Infact just done a google fight with "James Graham NRL" and "Kyle Eastmond Rugby union".
The score is Graham 28900 Eastmond 688

Strange, I haven't seen any fans in the media raising the issue of either....................

Regarding the "Google fight" stats you quote, they are flawed - gives no indication whatsoever of real national / international MEDIA comment. Try putting James Graham staying at Saints as your opposite to Kyle Eastmond rugby union for instance...............don't know about the "mechanics" of a Google fight, but they seems about as accurate as a Harry Hill "Fiiiiiight!!!"............

Dynamite Don Brennan
15th January 2011, 14:44
Eamonn will do whats best for the club. He will make the offer the club can afford to both Eastmond & Graham... If they dont re sign with Saints so be it.. Good luck to them.
Im hoping that if this situation isnt sorted before the start of the season were not gonna have our own fans booing Kyle.
IMO Kyle is 70/30 to sign for Saints 3 or 4 year deal would be nice,but it should have a clause in it regarding injury. Graham on the other hand i think depends on our performances id have to say 50/50 for him re signing.

Oh but we will,not the brightest some Saints fans.
Take last season when Eastmond was being thrown back into games clearly carying that ankle injury. Suprise,suprise said injury worsens through the game and he limps off. Booing and catcalling then ensues because he's going off again injured. The fact that its the same injury and has been extremely badly managed by the people paid good money to sort out doesnt register.

Dynamite Don Brennan
15th January 2011, 14:47
Strange, I haven't seen any fans in the media raising the issue of either....................

Regarding the "Google fight" stats you quote, they are flawed - gives no indication whatsoever of real national / international MEDIA comment. Try putting James Graham staying at Saints as your opposite to Kyle Eastmond rugby union for instance...............don't know about the "mechanics" of a Google fight, but they seems about as accurate as a Harry Hill "Fiiiiiight!!!"............

I think youll find more quotes from Graham about going to Australia than you will from Eastmond going to union.

NUTSONTHE70S
15th January 2011, 14:53
[I get the impression from this, and Richard Cramer his agents comments re getting things sorted quick, is that the press speculation and possibly responses from fans is upsetting and unsettling Kyle.]

Aye, and what about the guys that pay his wages.........................US !
The lad, if he wanted to, could instruct his agent to pipe down. The bottom line is, He's believing all the hype that Eddie, Stevo and others rant about him. NO-ONE is bigger than this club. This is getting tiresome. I honestly couldnt give a monkeys either way. Ill still go and watch my club whether its Kyle or Johnny Vegas at Number 7.

johnnyl
15th January 2011, 15:10
[I get the impression from this, and Richard Cramer his agents comments re getting things sorted quick, is that the press speculation and possibly responses from fans is upsetting and unsettling Kyle.]

Aye, and what about the guys that pay his wages.........................US !
The lad, if he wanted to, could instruct his agent to pipe down. r 7.

ive asked the question before and strangely the Eastmond knockers dont want to answer it. Why should Kyle Eastmond sell himself short on his wages? Would you do that for you? Its not like he is on 80K a week and wants to go up to 100K a week, something that would have no impact on his life like a footballer.

Rogues Gallery
15th January 2011, 15:27
How much do you think Eamonn should offer Eastmond to stay at Saints?
How much do you think Eamonn should offer Graham to stay at Saints?

Tobias
15th January 2011, 15:33
I presume you treated Keiron Cunningham with the same disdain in the last 8/9 years of his Saints career, afterall he did a hell of a lot more to court Union than Kyle has done in his attempts to move to Union ....

Kyle Eastmond is NO Keiron Cunningham.

Tallahassee
15th January 2011, 15:49
By that time Cunningham had won Superleague ,World Club,Challenge cups and represented GB and Wales,Eastmond on the other hand still has a lot to prove before he is talked about the same way.

saintgeorge
15th January 2011, 16:11
Whatever Eamon offers them will be right.

Lygase
15th January 2011, 16:39
I presume you treated Keiron Cunningham with the same disdain in the last 8/9 years of his Saints career, afterall he did a hell of a lot more to court Union than Kyle has done in his attempts to move to Union. The only reason KC wasnt playing RU in 2002 was the RFL CLUB GB cash that got stumped up for him to stop him leaving.

a few selected quotes I have found......

Cunningham said: "It's with the WRU and a couple of clubs and I'm very excited about it."

"It's just a case of deciding on which club, but it's definitely going to be in Wales. Hopefully I'll soon be on my way.

"I've talked figures with people and if it all goes to plan there is going to be a big announcement in the next couple of weeks.""

..... the St Helens hooker has revealed that Henry has opened talks about a switch of codes after the tournament.

"I have spoken to Graham Henry and he has told me he would like me to be available for Wales for the 2003 World Cup," said Cunningham.

"He told me I would need to play at least one season of Rugby Union before the tournament.

"I need a new challenge and rugby union is the way to turn because I have achieved almost everything I want to in League.

"I will be talking to Graham Henry again after the Rugby League World Cup has finished and coming down to Wales to look at a few clubs."

hmmm, dunno where you've found all them from (reputable sources or not?), or why you must have so much time to do so, but i do know this, KC is/was one of the best player in the WORLD at the time, and was granted alot of leniency, that said i remember being at the boulevard in '02 and the fans chanted "you wont get songs at swansea.. you wont get songs at swansea!" to which KC turned round and gave a cheeky grin, as if to say "i kno, thats why i wont be going!"
but Eastmond has yet to prove himself, ok so he has potential, but he's not as good as KC was, and probably never will be, so you shouldn't compare the 2 really.
Eastmond and all interested parties should make a decision asap, as it's gonna do no good for the team.

johnnyl
15th January 2011, 17:16
hmmm, dunno where you've found all them from (reputable sources or not?),

Ive heard him say it on a recording, or at least some of them.

or why you must have so much time to do so, ,

Insults hey...the last refuge of someone who is talking bobbins B)

but i do know this, KC is/was one of the best player in the WORLD at the time, and was granted alot of leniency, .

makes no odds in the context of the debate. Kieron didnt get slated for looking elsewhere. James Graham hasnt been slated for looking further afield. There is no reason why Kyle should be treated any differently. I agree from a saints perspective that we cant be doing with this year in year out and now is the time for him to show where his future lies, but he doesnt deserve the critisism he is getting for it.

Sean Day
15th January 2011, 17:54
Difference is keiron had already made himself a club and rl legend and perhaps fancied a new challenge. Don't remember him looking to union after half a season in the first team

Huntingtons
15th January 2011, 18:01
so you dont think that someone doing a job has a right to try to maximise their earnings?

yeah ok, I will take a few months off on sick and then will waltz into my employers office and demand a payrise or im off.

This is the second time hes done this. Whored himself around with no respect for the fans who pay his wages. Remember the last game at knowsley road, yeah, the one where he went home at half time? That shows you how much he cares about this club. Not an iota.

welshsaint
15th January 2011, 18:24

The performance management sheet for the former must be a hoot.

Graham has turned up for every challenge. He has kept his own performance levels high and kept his injury quota to its lowest level whilst maintaining an incredible fitness level. He is not flitting about but looking at travelling abroad for a challenge that might not be available to him in a couple of years time.
There is no comparison between the two.
Similarly the king doesn't compare with them either.

Graham has something to bargain with. As yet Kyle does not..he seems only to shine when he is in the presence of a star. Graham and the king shine anyway.

Dynamite Don Brennan
15th January 2011, 18:29
The performance management sheet for the former must be a hoot.

Graham has turned up for every challenge. He has kept his own performance levels high and kept his injury quota to its lowest level whilst maintaining an incredible fitness level. He is not flitting about but looking at travelling abroad for a challenge that might not be available to him in a couple of years time.
There is no comparison between the two.
Similarly the king doesn't compare with them either.

Graham has something to bargain with. As yet Kyle does not..he seems only to shine when he is in the presence of a star. Graham and the king shine anyway.

Apart from the fact that Union and League clubs are forming a queue to sign him that Is.

welshsaint
15th January 2011, 18:40
Apart from the fact that Union and League clubs are forming a queue to sign him that Is.

Indeed he looks good on paper and the tv shots but would he maintain these levels if he had to play all match, every match, every week? Reading what one of the union owners wrote in the paper..... it was said that he intended to buy several players for the start of next season to make the club look good and then just get rid of the ones he didn't want.The club had the money to do so.
Up to the lad what he wants.. quick bucks or a solid career.

johnnyl
15th January 2011, 19:11
yeah ok, I will take a few months off on sick and then will waltz into my employers office and demand a payrise or im off.

This is the second time hes done this. Whored himself around with no respect for the fans who pay his wages. Remember the last game at knowsley road, yeah, the one where he went home at half time? That shows you how much he cares about this club. Not an iota.

A p1$$ poor analogy.

If you want to create an analogy at least do it properly. If you had other employers willing to pay you more then you will find that you can walk into your gaffers office and discuss your terms if you wish to do so. This is the same for you, me and Kyle Eastmond.

Lex
15th January 2011, 19:22
A p1$$ poor analogy.

If you want to create an analogy at least do it properly. If you had other employers willing to pay you more then you will find that you can walk into your gaffers office and discuss your terms if you wish to do so. This is the same for you, me and Kyle Eastmond.
Spot on. I've said before, how can we deprieve a player of a better lifestyle, or a better wage, is'nt this something we would all like? My gripe is that he has not put himself forward to state what exactly his desire is, is it that he just wants a better deal from the Saints, one which we are to being told is being put together, or is it that he wants away. That is the only thing we as fans should feel obliged to know. I think he'll stay, but he needs to clarify things soon, before the fans completely turn on him.

Barney Rubble
15th January 2011, 20:18
We (well some of us) pay his wages - that gives us the right at least to have an opinion.

Question - If this was somone like Wilkin (for example) in the same situation, with all the same media, would everyone be saying the same things ?

Gerry Mander
15th January 2011, 20:30
Question - If this was somone like Wilkin (for example) in the same situation, with all the same media, would everyone be saying the same things ?

Who ?

Lex
15th January 2011, 20:33
We (well some of us) pay his wages - that gives us the right at least to have an opinion.

Everyone and anyone is entitled to an opinion, and your point on Wilkin is a very valid example. My earlier point is what I will stick too. Eastmond, and not his agent should come forward, and if his answer is to state that all will be resolved by early Feb, then he needs to explain what the delay is between now and then. Surely if Saints have made him the improved offer, why is it he has not yet signed ? for me the answer is that he believes the offer is not good enough, or he is waiting for a particular team or offer. But this debate will continue until he speaks out.

PRIVATE EYE
15th January 2011, 20:36
All very interesting, however it all seams to be a repeat of last year.
I would love to see kyle stay and prove to every one how good a player he is, mind you if union is a better move for him then let him go as i for one am fed up with this same old s**t staying or going.
Also i dont think that union will suit him not all players that make the move do that well.
lets face it he has sadly for him had a injury blited year last year.

johnnyl
16th January 2011, 08:21
?

No it doesn't.

My companies customers ultimately pay my wages, they don't have the right to have an opinion on if I should get x wage or move on.

My tax pays the wages of the police, teachers etc... I also don't have the right to dictate to them whether they should or shouldnt move on for a bigger wage.

johnnyl
16th January 2011, 08:22
We (well some of us) ?

ah, this tired old thing. If I offend you by not going I can only apologise to you for having more things in my life than Saints

Scouse Don
16th January 2011, 09:13
Sadly these days I don't think the fans have a major input into "paying players wages"
If our average gate is 9/10k we cant get anywhere near the 1.8 salary cap in income.(Given the price of season tickets and concessions)
The club has to do what is right for the club we have to trust the Chairman and the board to do the right thing.It's their money that supports the club
The situations with Kyle and Jammer are not the same.
My difficulty with the situation is the "certainty for the clubs planning" That bugs me no end.

oldshep1960
16th January 2011, 12:40
Certainly some of the stuff written about him on this and other forums is IMO verging on downright nasty and vindictive. but of course some of these threads and posts will be nasty and vindictive. If someone is tugging at your heart and leaves you with a feeling of utter disillusionment and despondency, then you will want to voice your opinions! "c'est la vie" or be a man Kyle and tell the fans WTF is going on, simples!

oldshep1960
16th January 2011, 12:47
No it doesn't.

My companies customers ultimately pay my wages, they don't have the right to have an opinion on if I should get x wage or move on.

My tax pays the wages of the police, teachers etc... I also don't have the right to dictate to them whether they should or shouldnt move on for a bigger wage.if you want to look at it that way, then the police and teachers plus the armed forces all pay FULL taxes like you and me, so you could say they pay themselves, if the board are in place they make those decisions for us. "You can't please all of the people all of the time!" WTF am i saying? MUMMY!!!!!!!!!!

Saint Simon
16th January 2011, 13:10
Kyle and saints want the best for each of them and I can't see what's wrong with that. Currently I just think that Kyle has show amazing potential to be one of the best, possibly ever, but that's all it's been so far, potential. I hope he stays and lives up to it for the next decade, I really do, but right now he isn't our star player. For me jammer and robes share that. To repeat what I said earlier in the thread, jammer is, IMO a more important signing.
What I don't get is all the almost hatred directed at Kyle, he's just trying to do the best for himself which we all would. I'm a saints fan and so would probably play for saints for maybe up to 20% less than other teams, but more than that and I'd be off, who wouldn't?

johnnyl
16th January 2011, 15:03
if you want to look at it that way, then the police and teachers plus the armed forces all pay FULL taxes like you and me, so you could say they pay themselves, !

no, they dont. I'll let you do the maths and see why. lol

TEE
16th January 2011, 18:23
At the end of the day Eammon will pay him what he is worth, but I have no doubt it will be subject to a strict medical, and it may be this that is causing the delay.:confused:

Houghwood Saint
16th January 2011, 18:44
Kyle and saints want the best for each of them and I can't see what's wrong with that. Currently I just think that Kyle has show amazing potential to be one of the best, possibly ever, but that's all it's been so far, potential. I hope he stays and lives up to it for the next decade, I really do, but right now he isn't our star player. For me jammer and robes share that. To repeat what I said earlier in the thread, jammer is, IMO a more important signing.
What I don't get is all the almost hatred directed at Kyle, he's just trying to do the best for himself which we all would. I'm a saints fan and so would probably play for saints for maybe up to 20% less than other teams, but more than that and I'd be off, who wouldn't?

Its not all about money

Huntingtons
16th January 2011, 19:12
Its not all about money

Correct. Ask Sean Long and James Roby how much they could have earned.

Barney Rubble
16th January 2011, 19:12
No it doesn't.

My tax pays the wages of the police, teachers etc... I also don't have the right to dictate to them whether they should or shouldnt move on for a bigger wage.First of all, I dont agree with all this "its the same as where i work" bull shit. Its a sports club that is here for our entertainment ! If fans dont go, the club doesnt exist.

For the sake of an argument with you ( shock horror ) ill go along with it. Define the word OPINION.

Barney Rubble
16th January 2011, 19:14
ah, this tired old thing. If I offend you by not going I can only apologise to you for having more things in my life than Saints

Guilty conscience pal ? I never mentioned your name did I ?

johnnyl
16th January 2011, 19:21
Guilty conscience pal ? I never mentioned your name did I ?

not really, more the fact that you have mentioned it in response to my posts on more than one occasion.

johnnyl
16th January 2011, 19:28
First of all, I dont agree with all this "its the same as where i work" bull shit. Its a sports club that is here for our entertainment ! If fans dont go, the club doesnt exist.

Its your entertainment but its his job. You have no right to tell him what he can earn otherwise you'd be a hypocrite.. As a fan you have a right to express the opinion that the club shouldn't spend the money on him but to be critical of him is rediculous.

Barney Rubble
16th January 2011, 19:49
Its your entertainment but its his job. You have no right to tell him what he can earn otherwise you'd be a hypocrite.. As a fan you have a right to express the opinion that the club shouldn't spend the money on him but to be critical of him is rediculous.Its his job yes - a job he wouldnt have if us fans didnt support the club.

I dont think i have said "what he can earn" have I ?

Im not being critical of him, but if i was, then yes i would have the right. The only reason people are being critical is because they care about the club and they think he's taking them for a ride. Thats because the way the storys are being put across by the media. I tend to wait and see rather than trust what the papers say. I have already said i trust the gaffer to offer the right deal, and if thats not good enough then ta ra !

Lygase
17th January 2011, 18:17
jammer is, imo a more important signing.

'nuff said!

johnnyl
17th January 2011, 22:02
Its his job yes - a job he wouldnt have if us fans didnt support the club.

I !

So no different to everyone else then. If my companies customers didn't pay for products I too wouldn't have a job. Its no different. You pay for saints to entertain you, that's your choice, its nowt to do with u what the players earn

johnnyl
18th January 2011, 18:19
To repeat what I said earlier in the thread, jammer is, IMO a more important signing.
?

Im not so sure that this is a clear cut as many would think at first. Jammer is undoubtedly a better player and a huge influence on the team. However prop is an easier position to replace, and Kyle Eastmond has what this team is desperately lacking.....pace. It is not as straightforward as declaring Jammer to be more important because he is better.

hazzo21
19th January 2011, 00:07
Having read the negative posts in this thread and a similar one a few weeks ago I have finally felt compelled to post for the first time.
It is really annoying me how so many so called fans have been quick to jump on Kyle’s back and are simply writing him off and wanting to get rid of him.
I think the main problem with all of this speculation is that it is just that, speculation. There are probably very few of us that know exactly what is going on and whilst certain speculation can be fun and entertaining for the forum readers, I think that all of this has got out of hand. For all we know, Kyle may be happy to stay at Saints but has not been offered the terms he sees fit, whether that be contract value or length. Similarly, as suggested in other posts, Saints may not even have offered him a contract yet as they want to see how this season progresses with injuries. If the former is the case then Kyle is perfectly entitled to negotiate the contract terms and if this means him or his agent look at other offers, (eg. Bath) then so what. If it is Saints holding off from offering a new contract then there is not much Kyle can do.
As far as comments such as Kyle ‘has no loyalty’, ‘will play for the highest bidder’ and has ‘whored himself to Bath’, they are just completely ridiculous. Kyle was probably one of our best players in the first half of last season and was unlucky with injuries in the 2nd half. He tried to return before he was fully fit, which to me shows he wanted to get back out there and play for Saints. The fact he did this when he wasn’t fit probably says more about the coaching staff and medical team than it does for Kyle.
I know there are a lot of people who are saying that Kyle should come out and state his intentions, but for me, the minute he does this then it gives him a problem in the future every time someone in the press or on a forum speculates about his future as we will then expect him to comment on the stories. Kyle needs to concentrate on getting fit for the start of the season and not bothering about media speculation. There was a lot of talk in late 2010 about Roby potentially leaving, but he did not release any response to this and then low and behold he signs a new deal and there is no fuss.
It is not Kyle’s fault that there is so much hype surrounding him and his future.
I just hope that this will be sorted when the time is right for both parties and in the meantime there are no stupid reactions from the fans towards Kyle during games.

Sausalito
19th January 2011, 10:33
That is a good sensible post hazzo21.

Wanderer
19th January 2011, 12:20
It is not Kyle’s fault that there is so much hype surrounding him and his future.

If this was the first time that his agent had gone to the press then I would believe you. However, this is his second agent and the second time he has done this so I'm inclined to believe the hype is in fact of his own doing.

hazzo21
19th January 2011, 13:18
I presume you are referring to the Bath story when you mention going to the media. Was it his agent that went to the media or was it Bath officials?
From the articles I have read it appears to have been the Bath people that are quoted in the media. Kyle or his agent cant control what the Union people say!

Wanderer
19th January 2011, 18:05
From the articles I have read it appears to have been the Bath people that are quoted in the media. Kyle or his agent cant control what the Union people say!
In the first article I read, both Bath and Kyle's agent were quoted.

saintgeorge
19th January 2011, 18:53
Didn't I read somewhere recently that Bath had made big financial losses last year?

Dynamite Don Brennan
19th January 2011, 19:45
Didn't I read somewhere recently that Bath had made big financial losses last year?

He'll feel at home then.

Darren Bloor
19th January 2011, 20:41
I presume you are referring to the Bath story when you mention going to the media. Was it his agent that went to the media or was it Bath officials?

Kyle's agent could have stipulated that the meeting was kept quiet, so I think it is his responsibility. I agree with Wanderer that his is the 2nd time an agent of Kyle's has walked this path so I think Kyle does have responsbility for this. All players do this to some extent, but doing it 2 years in a row is a bit much, especially after a cruddy season (not Kyle's fault).

rally
20th January 2011, 08:02
I don't know if this has been mentioned in previous posts but I've just been having a look in The Sun, not the most reliable source, but they have printed in today's sports column that Warrington are willing to offer Eastmond a deal to stay in rugby league!! I wouldn't be suprised at all if they are sniffing about!!!

Geoggy
20th January 2011, 08:46

true but if Kyle and his agent didn't want it to go to the press how hard would it have been to say "mr ra ra we will come to Bath but don't say owt t'papers or we won't come"

?????

The Chair Maker
20th January 2011, 10:26
I don't know if this has been mentioned in previous posts but I've just been having a look in The Sun, not the most reliable source, but they have printed in today's sports column that Warrington are willing to offer Eastmond a deal to stay in rugby league!! I wouldn't be suprised at all if they are sniffing about!!!

I said a while back that i regarded Warrigton as a more serious threat than union.

They have been trying to offload Myler in the pre season, and have been touting him round SL clubs. When this got out in the press, they issued a statement denying it.
Now the only reason i can think of them wanting to offload a player who they signed 12 months ago, is that a better one is available and they are looking to bring that player in instead.
Remember also that Briers is on his last legs, so they need a half badly.
Wire cant rely on their youth setup because historically its been poor, its only in the last 18 months that they have started investing there, however juniors take time to come through. Hence Wires over relience on star signings.

Huntingtons
20th January 2011, 11:15
I wonder if Eastmonds close friend, who used to post on here, can shed some light on whether the latest rumour is true? if it is, dig me out of this hole please....

Northampton_Saint
20th January 2011, 11:19
I'm sure that whatever it is that we're offering him is no more than he's actually worth and only what can be reasonably afforded on a competitive team's salary cap for such an unproven and as-yet unreliable player. If Warrington are prepared to offer him more than that then frankly they will be overpaying and taking a massive gamble on the whole club's future - good luck to the both of them in their future endeavours if that's the case. In Mac we trust.

Huntingtons
20th January 2011, 11:32
Well if this new rumour is true, hes going nowhere and this isnt just a "mate from down the pub" rumour.

rally
20th January 2011, 12:49
It would be great news if he'd sign a new contract with us but we can't have a team full of superstars, not that we have a full team of superstars. I would much rather lose Eastmond to another rugby league side than lose him to union!

DD
20th January 2011, 13:05
Im not so sure that this is a clear cut as many would think at first. Jammer is undoubtedly a better player and a huge influence on the team. However prop is an easier position to replace, and Kyle Eastmond has what this team is desperately lacking.....pace. It is not as straightforward as declaring Jammer to be more important because he is better.

Absolutely spot on.

In every game we have between two and four props. The average squad will have five of them. Whilst Graham is undoubtedly one of the best in the business, I don't think his loss would be the crushing blow everyone makes it out to be.

However, we only have one scrum half. We have virtually no other options and the game as a whole is desperately short of them. Plenty of people can offer the go forward and work rate of Graham (albeit on a lesser scale). I don't think anyone in our club can offer the turn of pace and the x factor that Eastmond has got. In fact, can we name anyone else in Super League who can, who would be available for us to sign.

If we have no Eastmond this year, we are in for a year of desperately dull rugby again with little or no half back invention. Ploughing it down the middle will be our only route to glory again.

Dave Howarth
20th January 2011, 13:15
In fact, can we name anyone else in Super League who can, who would be available for us to sign

Looking at sportinglife could there be any mileage in the Rangi Chase situation. If he were Hull bound (and I know Cas has quashed the rumour but in this day and age money talks and contracts don't mean a jot!) is there a half back who could be deemed surplus to requirement at Hull?? You know who I mean based on the 'Wizards Sleeve' post on the 'Longing to Return' thread. Whilst not a move I'd particularly advocate he can still do a job covering for Kyle if the price was right albeit it on a short term deal only.

warringtonsaint
20th January 2011, 17:06
I said a while back that i regarded Warrigton as a more serious threat than union.

They have been trying to offload Myler in the pre season, and have been touting him round SL clubs. When this got out in the press, they issued a statement denying it.
Now the only reason i can think of them wanting to offload a player who they signed 12 months ago, is that a better one is available and they are looking to bring that player in instead.
Remember also that Briers is on his last legs, so they need a half badly.
Wire cant rely on their youth setup because historically its been poor, its only in the last 18 months that they have started investing there, however juniors take time to come through. Hence Wires over relience on star signings.

From Warrington press:

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/9825/1/Wolves-deny-Eastmond-link/Page1.html

I'd be very surprised if they aren't sniffing around.............

Tallahassee
20th January 2011, 17:56
Does the wage cap skip Warrington?

The Chair Maker
20th January 2011, 18:07
Does the wage cap skip Warrington?

Matt King is expected to leave at the end of the season. That frees up a huge wedge. Now add onto that the fact Briers will be packing in and thats more money spare.

Wire could probably offer a lot lot more than Saints

Saint Simon
20th January 2011, 20:24
Matt King is expected to leave at the end of the season. That frees up a huge wedge. Now add onto that the fact Briers will be packing in and thats more money spare.

Richie myler ?

mister chuffy
20th January 2011, 20:37
If Eastmond wants to leave, then i'd rather make his intentions clear before the season starts. There is no point having a player (albeit a potentially a good one) who wants?? to •••• off playing a girls game for a fat wedge of cash. Nothing worse than having someone who doesn't want to work for you.

Richie Myler is over-rated, no better than average at best.

Driftking78
20th January 2011, 20:41
Richie myler ?

Was the best around when they signed him according to most Warrington fans.. Funny how things turn out.
Warrington are the Man City of rugby. Trying to buy all the stars because there owner has money...
They will be linked to alot more players & im expecting Graham to be the next one linked with them..

Saint Simon
20th January 2011, 20:54
Was the best around when they signed him according to most Warrington fans.. Funny how things turn out.
Warrington are the Man City of rugby. Trying to buy all the stars because there owner has money...
They will be linked to alot more players & im expecting Graham to be the next one linked with them..

Even Warrington have to live within the salary cap, and having two top earning 7's in a squad isn't feasable. Wire couldn't offload myler either, noone else would pay his high wages and he's got a solid contract! They're stuck with him

HitTheWall
20th January 2011, 23:52

Graham was linked with him at the end of 2009 season, Wire fans got all excited and then Jammer come out and rubbished it. I wouldn't be surprised if the rumour circulates again, but if Graham leaves Saints it would only be for the NRL I'd imagine.

Albion
21st January 2011, 00:22
Richie myler ?

No way.

I've never been a fan of Myler and never seen anything that he offers other than an average support play.

bazdev
21st January 2011, 01:40
Graham was linked with him at the end of 2009 season, Wire fans got all excited and then Jammer come out and rubbished it. I wouldn't be surprised if the rumour circulates again, but if Graham leaves Saints it would only be for the NRL I'd imagine.

Quite true

Woodsy79
21st January 2011, 13:31

I doubt that with the new ruling with regards to disregarding 50K for salary cap purposes for the highest paid young talent that comes through academy. Wire still have to work to the same cap as us regardless of how much money they have.

johnnyl
21st January 2011, 13:39
No way.

I've never been a fan of Myler and never seen anything that he offers other than an average support play.

and yet in the same number of games as Kyle last year he had the same assists and same number of trys. He is not as bad as some suggest.

Cardiff Saint
21st January 2011, 14:07
I read elsewhere that Bath have said that they feel that he would slot into their back line 'seamlessly'. I doubt that anyone at Bath knows much about RL. They have a reputation of being a bit snobby even for rah rah. However, there are a few things that Kyle and the Bath club might consider. He is too small to play anywhere in union other than as a fly half. As yet no convert to union has been a success in that position, but there are two outstanding failiures. Henry Paul and Iestyn Harris were both established stand offs in RL but failed to transfer successfully to union.
Another problem for Kyle should he go to Bath is the pitch. The ground is next to a river which overflows regularly in winter. Consequently the pitch is often ankle deep in mud. That will be new to Kyle and will almost certainly slow him down. So forget those syntillating breaks and become just another ball distributor.
Better to continue what you know Kyle. And please stop acting like a football prima donna.

Barney Rubble
21st January 2011, 14:50
I read elsewhere that Bath have said that they feel that he would slot into their back line 'seamlessly'. I doubt that anyone at Bath knows much about RL. They have a reputation of being a bit snobby even for rah rah. However, there are a few things that Kyle and the Bath club might consider. He is too small to play anywhere in union other than as a fly half. As yet no convert to union has been a success in that position, but there are two outstanding failiures. Henry Paul and Iestyn Harris were both established stand offs in RL but failed to transfer successfully to union.
Another problem for Kyle should he go to Bath is the pitch. The ground is next to a river which overflows regularly in winter. Consequently the pitch is often ankle deep in mud. That will be new to Kyle and will almost certainly slow him down. So forget those syntillating breaks and become just another ball distributor.
Better to continue what you know Kyle. And please stop acting like a football prima donna.I read that Brad Davies is there....He was a decent rl player that'll know a thing or two ?

Chris Saint
21st January 2011, 15:06
and yet in the same number of games as Kyle last year he had the same assists and same number of trys. He is not as bad as some suggest.

Admittedly those stats are impressive but it would be interesting to see how many of his tries were from taking the final pass after someone else made the break/put the kick in?? Certainly the majority of Kyle's tries were from his own initial bursts or sidestep etc... those stats also don't take into account how many games Kyle was an injured passenger (Leeds, Cas, Crusaders) however they are very comparable

While it is only one mans opinion, it was noticable that the man who picked Eastmond over Myler for the England team in 2009, also dropped a fit Myler from Warrington's first team in 2010 when the games got important. He is undoubtably a superb support player, similar to a young Shaun Edwards always on the shoulder of the break, and he does possess decent pace but he doesn't offer the rest, for now at least.

johnnyl
21st January 2011, 15:48
Admittedly those stats are impressive but it would be interesting to see how many of his tries were from taking the final pass after someone else made the break/put the kick in?? Certainly the majority of Kyle's tries were from his own initial bursts or sidestep etc... those stats also don't take into account how many games Kyle was an injured passenger (Leeds, Cas, Crusaders) however they are very comparable

While it is only one mans opinion, it was noticable that the man who picked Eastmond over Myler for the England team in 2009, also dropped a fit Myler from Warrington's first team in 2010 when the games got important. He is undoubtably a superb support player, similar to a young Shaun Edwards always on the shoulder of the break, and he does possess decent pace but he doesn't offer the rest, for now at least.

without a doubt, FWIW I think Eastmond is better but I was just using it to illustrate that perhaps Myler isnt as bad as some suggest.

parrsaint
22nd January 2011, 12:52
Earlier in the week I was talking to a person closely connected to the club who intimated that Kyle would be off to Bath as they had made him a very good offer and it would be difficult for Saints to match it.