PDA

View Full Version : Kr

Houghwood Saint
10th January 2011, 10:00
Has the old ground been flattened yet,if not how long has it got left?

RedVee Admin
10th January 2011, 12:27
Was still there and untouched over the weekend. I thought they were moving in to mash it last Tuesday but nowt happened.

Harri81
10th January 2011, 12:48
Im presuming something may start to happen this week in regards to preperation for demolition.

will be very sad to see it happen though, especially as i see the old stand every day when im walking the dog etc.

Sceptical Ste
10th January 2011, 17:43
Went down at the weekend, no indication of any demolition works starting, here are a few photos.
http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr97/petersandlee/100_2059.jpg
http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr97/petersandlee/100_2054.jpg
http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr97/petersandlee/100_2057.jpg

Wanderer
10th January 2011, 19:24
It looks so forlorn in those pics.

It needs to be filled with Saints fans calling the ref names and shouting forward!

RedVee Admin
10th January 2011, 19:46
I'm surprised nobody has nicked the fixtures sign on Knowsley Road that says Farewell Festival.

(it'll now be gone by morning)

saint_yick
10th January 2011, 19:48
it is sad to look at those pictures and think that I will never ever set foot in that place again, so many fantastic memories

mrnike22
10th January 2011, 19:51
the trees on the front of dunriding lane will be the first thing to go, and then gates for the cars havve now gone, so work should start real soon

RedVee Admin
10th January 2011, 21:56
Just been past there, not deliberately I may add, and the trees are there, the gates are there and the Farewell Festival sign on Knowsley Road is... gone!

Wanderer
10th January 2011, 22:11
just been past there, not deliberately i may add, and the trees are there, the gates are there and the farewell festival sign on knowsley road is... Gone!
lol!!!

The Chair Maker
10th January 2011, 22:19
From Ste's pics it looks like its possible to get access into the ground.

Could therefore be an opportunity for some free souvenir hunting so to speak ;)

not that i am condoning trespass, vandalism or any other unmentioned criminal or civil offence.

however i dare say some intrepid souls may try their luck

Agent Mulder
10th January 2011, 23:13
If the ground has now been handed over to the new owners I suppose It would be worth a try (lol no pun intended) to see if they will give you a little souvenier from the ground. There must be something there that they don't want but someone out there would love to have.

wardies love child
11th January 2011, 03:29
Quite a bit of turf left.

RedVee Admin
11th January 2011, 10:23
From Ste's pics it looks like its possible to get access into the ground.

Could therefore be an opportunity for some free souvenir hunting so to speak ;)

not that i am condoning trespass, vandalism or any other unmentioned criminal or civil offence.

however i dare say some intrepid souls may try their luck
That photo of the Eddy End was taken by reaching up as high as possible to poke the camera over the top of the wall, I know this as I did similar last week.

The "access" to the ground that the Chairmaker speaks of is identical to the "access" that has been in place for Loughlin's years - i.e. I'd pay to watch him get wrapped up in the barbed wire whilst attempting to climb over the wall.

The rest of the stadium grounds are as open as they've always been, none of the site has been sealed off yet.

RedVee Admin
11th January 2011, 10:28
Quite a bit of turf left.

The entire pitch from what I've seen through cracks in the wall. Maybe this is the new plan? Lift the whole pitch and move it to the new stadium site? I remember when the Reebok was built, they laid the pitch first and built around it so this could be why KR hasn't been mashed yet?

paulscnthorpe
11th January 2011, 12:09
The entire pitch from what I've seen through cracks in the wall. Maybe this is the new plan? Lift the whole pitch and move it to the new stadium site? I remember when the Reebok was built, they laid the pitch first and built around it so this could be why KR hasn't been mashed yet?

i think it's been mentioned somewhere that the pitch will be laid first at the new stadium.. think it's to give it the maximum time to sow together

southportsaint
11th January 2011, 14:15
The sooner the Better its been a shit tip for years lets move onwards and upwards

wardies love child
11th January 2011, 16:52
The sooner the Better its been a shit tip for years lets move onwards and upwards

Blasphemy.

The Chair Maker
11th January 2011, 19:49

I got told a few weeks ago by engineers working on the new stadium that the pitch was planned to go down first.

Will wait and see though if its true.

wardies love child
12th January 2011, 00:27
I got told a few weeks ago by engineers working on the new stadium that the pitch was planned to go down first.

Will wait and see though if its true.
This is the norm to bedding in etc as stated earlier. Ive posted elsewhere regards using the KR soil as the timing is similar from uplift to relay etc. I expect it won't happen as it makes sense to do that but it never works that way. I expect the turf will specify the soils etc by whoever lays it. Let's just hope its a pitch that lasts and is qualiteh

RedVee Admin
12th January 2011, 11:25
the diggers have arrived!

Syd
12th January 2011, 12:08
the diggers have arrived!

about time , the place is a shythole, get shut of the shyt tip !

Sean Day
12th January 2011, 12:33
Going to strap myself to one of the floodlights..

Wanderer
12th January 2011, 12:36
Since the diggers have arrived, I'm going to have to get down there to pay my last respects.

Syd
12th January 2011, 14:15
Going to strap myself to one of the floodlights..

I wouldnt, someone will phone System888

Harri81
12th January 2011, 16:13
Just drove past and the solitary digger looks forlorn against the stadium back drop, not holding my breath for a lot to happen just yet

Sausalito
12th January 2011, 17:04
Gate open at the Eddington end yesterday, had a walk round it looks sad.

Sean Day
12th January 2011, 17:19
Just drove past and the solitary digger looks forlorn against the stadium back drop, not holding my breath for a lot to happen just yet

Surely it will only need a nudge and the whole lot will crumble!

100% Saint
12th January 2011, 17:52
Surely it will only need a nudge and the whole lot will crumble!

You only need the wind to pick up and it'll soon fall.

CHANNEL22
12th January 2011, 19:55
If this had been a bit more serious the ground could have been down in 10 seconds

http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/8786497.Car_smashes_into_gas_repair_barriers/

RedVee Admin
12th January 2011, 20:23
That car was in the hole when I nipped down at lunchtime, I thought WTF??? I was going to take a pic of it but it was chucking it down at the time so I didn't bother.

RedVee Admin
12th January 2011, 20:25
I had a shufty and they were digging holes in the car park where the railway used to be and taking soil samples.